Realist

Discussion in 'General' started by tokinbud420, May 15, 2010.

1. That's true, I didn't catch that. Here I'll change my wording of what I said.

I try not to force my opinions on someone unless what they say affects me personally. And stereotyping is something I don't like, at all, in any way shape or form.

Btw, to anyone who thinks I think I'm better than people I'm not trying to give off this "I'm better than you, I'm god, etc." persona.

Just expressing my thoughts on a forum.

2. That's reasonable, although Im a bit confused, I've been subjected to quite a bit of stereotyping in my life, and I always found it to be something impersonal, to me it applies to the collective rather than the individual, so it never really bothers me.

3. I just don't like it because their is really no need for it, humans aren't supposed to be labeled like products.

4. What kind of change would you expect to see if humans didn't label other humans? As much as I agree with you, stereotyping is a social behavior that's basically hard-wired into us and I doubt it will become obsolete anytime in the near future. Although we can dream, can't we?

5. I don't expect to see anything from society, I gave up on that years ago.

6. Well, I kinda agree with you then. You have to acknowledge the good and the bad. I know some people who claim to be realistic, when really they're just being a drag. But there's nothing wrong with being honestly realistic.

7. Exactly, so many people think evil doesn't exist and they live in a perfect world.
    How else would life balance out?

8. The girl I am essentially infatuated with told me her reasoning for us not being able to meet each other was that she was a "realist"... and that long-distance relationships facilitated online won't work. At the time, I was sad and confused because I had no idea what that could mean.

My love is unquestionably real. I think I see her more as skeptical, which is not odd at all... I only wish I could show her how "real" I am, because I do exist here in my lonely corner somewhere in Canada, and my heart hasn't ached this bad "IRL" ever.

No idea if this relates to realism at all, sorry...