Realist

Discussion in 'General' started by tokinbud420, May 15, 2010.

1. Since I was diagnosed with a stomach ulcer, I worked to eliminate stress from my life. I ended up taking a realistic approach to what that I can control in my life, I don't go out of my way to change things or complain about things I have no control over. Stress is bred by uncertanties and situations that you can't control. The things I can control however, I have a pretty optimistic outlook on. So I know what you're saying, but I can't say I'm a complete realist, more like an optimistic pragmatist.

2. #42 FoodLion, May 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
    I'm a pretty blunt person too, and consider myself a big realist.

Funny little story this reminds me of.. just the other day, a girl that's a friend of mine started talking to me about this group of people (gossiping) and I had absolutely NO interest in what she was saying. After she was done telling me her retarded gossip story I just said, "I don't care." She got a little pissy, but my friends learn to deal with it.

3. well as long as we can all get along smoking a phat ass blunt its all good :smoking:

4. I say that a lot, I'm also quite apathetic.

5. yeah I know what you mean. I wouldn't consider myself apathetic, but when someone starts talking to me about something I have absolutely no interest in, I'm not going to sit there and act like I care.

and MF Doom is the shit.

6. everyone thinks they are a realist to some degree man

everyone thinks they see things the way they really are, and chances are most really dont, everyone's views and opinions are skewed by their perspective on things...

theres no way to prove youre right if someone truly believes you are wrong, arguing is pointless, no matter how good your points are people will rarely give in and say or believe you are right, and even if they do, what does that accomplish really?

7. I know that life isn't all butterflies and rainbows; So I AM the butterflies and rainbows :yay:

8. "The power of accurate observation is commonly called 'cynicism' by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

9. I've noticed lately i've definetly become so much like this, my mum hates it but it's true life isn't naturally great you have to make it great yourself. Be it through work + money or living it how you want to live without society dictating what you should do.

10. I'm like you, I call it being an Original Gangster.

11. I dont like realist...they have this I AM GOD, THE ALMIGHTY JUDGE persona...my boyfriend is like this...most of the time people are just listening to you speak..thinking to themselves...omg..i wish this guy would get over himself...

you don't know everything...and your realistic opinions arent mine, or anyone else's

12. :laughing:

You say I act that way and yet you come in here assuming.

And I don't try and force my opinions on anyone.

And please, stop fucking stereotyping.

13. May I ask why you're still with a guy that you don't like? :eek:

14. Do you know what cognitive dissonance is?

15. Yes I do, why do you ask?

16. yeah im the same way

17. I obviously have no idea who you are so don't take this personally. I usually find that people who look on the bright side of things seem to have a lot more fun in life. The people who often say "This shit is gonna suck" usually end up having a bad time. Obviously you have to acknowledge when things obviously aren't gonna work out but the more positive you think, the better time you'll have. In other words, those who see the glass as half full do better than the people who see it as half empty.

I kinda know what you mean though. It is annoying when people get "all butterflies and rainbows" about things when it clearly isn't at all appropriate. It's also annoying when people get all down on something that might be shitty but also could work out.

18. I keep my feeling hidden well and always smile and bid good tidings. It's kind of phoney. After a decade of delivinger pizza, "thank you, have a great day" is all but meaningless.

19. Your getting me confused with a pessimist.

I'm not some gloomy depressed suicidal person who makes it his job to bring people down lol.

20. #60 ~NOTORiiOUS~, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010

Well by saying that you do not try to force your opinions on other is cool and all.
    But by telling someone to "stop fucking stereotyping" you're forcing your opinion that stereotyping is wrong under all circumstances onto them. Doesn't that make you the least bit uncomfortable? I'm not saying stereotyping is the most healthy behavior, It's just a thought.

Edit: Although you did say please, that was polite of you. :p