Realist

Discussion in 'General' started by tokinbud420, May 15, 2010.

1. Sorry I misread your post, as a response to your previous post I don't think I see things more "real" than other people.

I just take things as they come.

2. i feel the same way except im a vocal person so i get to be the "rain cloud" because im honest

3. I embrace every facet of existence with an open heart and mind, even if it isn't all rainbows and butterflies.

That's as real as it gets. :smoking:

4. i became a realist once i started doing drugs.... but i dont believe in coincidence

5. Ditto.

6. Pretty much sums up who I am.

7. ive always been a realist, but a very open-minded person and drugs take away the realist mindset and let me think alot deeper than i usually do.
    plus im a philosophy major in college, so drugs help when i have a notepad to think on

8. Pretty much like me, im an introvert, i always like to keep to myself and i like to be alone almost all the time, i feel akward around groups of people that i dont know. Its all good tho, people like us balance out the world. In my mind i can think whatever I want without anyone else knowing what im thinking and I love it, I dont need to tell people what im saying, it shouldnt matter to them what i think. What im trying to say is be yourself man, if you want to be quiet n chill do it, do what makes YOU happy, no one else

9. Word man.

10. rainbows and butterflies are pretty cool though

11. OP = Agreed

12. I consider myself a realist also, but if I only pointed out the dark side of everything in conversation I'd be a hypocrite. Good things also exist. Like chairs. I like me a good chair.

But generally I equate pessimism with realism. As long as the negatives aren't being ignored, that's realism.

13. For sure.

Nowadays a lot of people associate being a realist with gloominess.
    I could never live in such a way.

14. good chairs can change your point of view on life

15. This is irrefutable.

16. Whether or not the glass is "half empty" or "half full" is a moot point to me.

The water still serves the purpose of hydration, regardless the level of water in the glass.

17. Exactly, people dwell on un-important facts too much.

18. I'd like to think of myself as a very "realist" type person..i mean im a senior in high school and if i even think i hear some drama comin my way i just laugh and spark up a joint..i do not pay attention to the dumb little shit thats going on in my high school when in 1 week i'll have graduated and NONE OF THIS HIGH SCHOOL drama will even register in my head..it doesnt even bother me now..but the only confliction i have with being "realist " is that i think they're stereotyped as the type of person that just doesn't wanna have fun..anyone else know what i mean? with the stereotype of realists being no fun?

19. Word man, fuck drama.

And yea but stereotypes are enforced by ignorant people so it's whatever.

For the record, I love havin' fun

20. yeah what am i thnkin? stereotypes..they are simply fueled by people that are too ignorant to open their eyes and see the beauty in things..but yeah...fun is good. and glad we're on the same page OP.. good deal:D