Real Rappers/Rap Groups.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by datchronic420, Aug 8, 2011.

1. #1 datchronic420, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    Hello fellow members of GC. This thread is just to respect some of the greatest names in the rap culture. Everyone that has an interest in rap should definitely check out some of these artists.

*-Deceased

MF DOOM- Born Daniel Dumile, this man has produced a numerous amount of great rap songs. He's an overall great lyricist.

Nas - Born Nasir Jones, Might be one of the most dynamic rappers in the game today. Nas's hit album Illmatic is fucking amazing, i would highly advise listening to it.

Wu-Tang-Clan- An obvious choice, ever since 1992 they have been making crazy good tracks. *(Ol' Dirty Bastard, a member of WTC died on Nov. 13, 2004. R.I.P)

*Notorious B.I.G- R.I.P, I can't really say anything else. Biggie is just lethal on the mic.

Gang Starr- This Hip-hop duo consisted of DJ Premier (instrumentalist) & *Guru(rapper). I suggest listening to their tracks.

Mos Def- This guy knows how to rap. Check out the track 'Mathematics'

Mobb Deep- Another quality rap group. Definitely check their shit out.

N.W.A- (*****z Wit Attitude) The original lineup consisted of Arabian Prince, DJ Yella, Dr. Dre, *Eazy-E, Ice Cube, and MC Ren.

*2Pac- Born Lesane Parish Crooks, I respected Tupac as more of a preacher and a man of wisdom than a rapper.

KRS-One- A very intelligent rapper. I enjoy hearing him rap.

*Big L- Harlem's finest. Much respect for this man, he can spit real rhymes.

Eric B & Rakim- This duo consisted of DJ Eric Barrier and MC William Griffin Jr. This is a deadly combination, listen to them immediately.

A Tribe Called Quest- They're an American hip hop group, formed in 1985, and is composed of rapper/producer Q-Tip (Kamaal Ibn John Fareed, formerly Jonathan Davis), rapper Phife Dawg (Malik Taylor), and DJ/producer Ali Shaheed Muhammad. A fourth member, rapper Jarobi White, who left the group after their first album but rejoined in 2006.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread. I hope I have encouraged you to research the various MC's i have mentioned.

Other Rappers/Groups that You should listen to:
    Kool G Rap
    Big Pun
    De La Soul
    Slick Rick
    Digital Underground
    Tech N9ne
    Outkast

2. Kool Keith/Ultramagnetic MCs?

Shame on you

3. you forgot:
    Digable Planets
    Souls of Mischief
    INI
    The Fugees
    The Roots
    The Beatnuts
    The Pharcyde

all i can think of right now...

4. Mobb Deep is 2 people, Havoc and Prodigy. Not one person

5. I didn't forget...considering the fact that this is my opinion, but whatever floats your boat.

6. Lil Wayne,Mc Hammer:rolleyes:

7. haha i had that avy for the longest time LAmurs ^^^^^

little brother

the roots

big daddy kane

camp lo

8. lol, another one of these threads.

MY MUSIC IS BETTER THAN YOUR MUSIC

Edit: for the record, Tupac was named Lesane Parish Crooks at birth, not Tupac Shakur.

9. gotta check out digable planets, black sheep, black moon, lord finesse, empd, special ed, group home, and common. along with your choices of mobb deep, wu-tang, ATCQ, and gang starr.

10. Personally, my favorites are

Beastie Boys
    OutKast
    Eminem (mostly older stuff)
    Kanye West
    Tyler, the Creator
    Earl Sweatshirt
    Aesop Rock

11. How about Immortal Technique?
    You forgot Big Pun too

12. OP

Those you listed are nothing more than mainstream acts.
    If you want real rap, and real rap groups, look no further than the SPC. K Rino, Dope E, Kb, Charlie Boy, real shit cuh.

13. Ups to mellowype and all of odd future!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jjhMNo0jLU[/ame]

14. Living Legends and everyone in its solo shit.

15. Nice to see fellow blades enjoy Living Legends and the legend Big L!!

I'll throw in Bone Thugs n Harmony, Jurassic 5 are a few hip hop groups I really enjoy that I feel get overlooked quite a bit.

16. #17 LAmurs, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011

Yea Living Legends are dope And so is the solo of them
    like eligh and MUrS
    I also like Dilated People

17. #18 JetxLife86, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    All of them are sweet.

My favorites are Murs, The Grouch (very underrated), Eligh, and Sunspot Jonez.

Nice call on Dilated Peoples.

18. Yea they all are good. Have you heard about 3 melancholy gypsys, they are Murs,eligh and scarub in a group they are good

oh yea i forgot Unknown Prophets

19. How has nobody mentioned J. Cole?