Real Life Pokedex.

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by grass man420, Feb 17, 2013.

1. there should be a real life version of a pokedex. but instead of identifying pokemon it would contain details of every known plant and animal species on earth. it would be compact,durable, run on solarpanels, and fit in your pocket. it would tell you all the details on what plants are toxic and to not eat. it could make the difference between eating poisonous berries and dying or eating berries and getting enough energy to cross a river or something. it could save a lot of lives if it was widely available and cheap. does anything like this exist? i haven't heard of anything like it before. i'm high and i've been watching a lot of Bear Grylls and i just thought of this :bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin::bongin:

it could also have information on other things like avalanches and how to make a shelter and basic survival information.

2. #2 Eric_Fortis, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    It's called an Encyclopedia.

The amount of information in the world is simply too large to put into a tiny piece of hardware.

The closest thing possible is probably a Kindle.

3. it would be offline. look at what fits in phones now adays. i'm sure it could be built. it wouldn't be all the information in the world... only information on plant and animal species for identifying, and other survival information. it would only be a fraction of everything us humans have discovered up to now.