Real Issues of The World

Discussion in 'General' started by OrangeBoxCutter, Apr 2, 2011.

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnJ_ZPply8w"]YouTube - Damian Marley and Nas (patience)[/ame]

Put this song on repeat.

Everytime I read the newspaper or watch the news there is a number of agencies/governments spending a crazy amount of money on "research". Another thing is how the media constantly covers garbage stories that aren't of any importance but they wont cover the real issues that plague society like hunger, low quality of life, high amounts of uneducated people.

NASA has a $18.724 Billion budget
    NASA Budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How does NASA spend billions of dollars while there are people on the street that have to hold their shit in to feel full?

Why does the US government want to be the world cops and tell every other country what to do, but cant give food to the less fortunate in Africa?

A baseball player can make 25 million a year, but a doctor doesnt make 2% of that?

Money isnt worth anything unless its being used to better someone or something's quality of life.

How do all these politicians become presidents and all these different parties come and go, but the hood stays the same?

So much money is being used on unnecessary things its ridiculous. Education, hunger, quality of life, and clean water are the real issues at hand.

What do you think?

2. I agree that there are global issues that do not get enough attention. However, NASA is a pretty damn important agency for the human race. Eventually we will surpass this planet's carrying capacity. As medicine and technology slow aging and death, more people will be living at the same time, thus limiting our food and land supply. NASA is important for our future societies.

3. I understand completely.

But the way I see it, if we can't feed the hungry then we shouldn't spend money on research.

Its 2011 and we still have places that people die because of not having clean water.

4. The beauty of capitalism!

5. This is exactly it. It all boils down to capitalism.

We have the resources (materials, land, technology) to feed, clothe and educate every single person on the planet as well as continue with space exploration. What we don't have is the incentive.

People in Africa aren't able to pay for food, clothing or education and no organisation with the power to even try to accomplish this will do so without there being something in it for them (i.e. profit).

It stinks, I completely agree, and it will change at some point. Unfortunately that point won't be in our lifetimes or probably the lifetimes of our grandchildren.

6. Eventually, and I think sometime within this generation, technology will render these problems obsolete.

7. The population of the earth is leveling out, and in most areas beginning to decline. I would like to know where the idea that overpopulation is an issue originated.

8. have u seen the movie watchmen? i like movies that make me think...and this movie had a few good thoughts. one i really remember was something along the lines of once we realize energy is infinite, war will be obsolete

9. I am very passionate about these issues because I lived it. NYC is a perfect example of how bad wealth distribution is.

Another thing is, NYC is one of the only places in the world where the richest and the poorest live together. I remember going to 5th ave for the first time I was about 13 and only had a metro card and $1.50 in my pocket. I was walking with my older cousin and he said," look at us hardly living, and these people pay about 5,000 a month just on rent".

Its crazy how a poor person could have been someone who could change the world for the better in some way or was born a genius, but never his talent was put to use because he was barely living.

10. I agree with you guys, but i hate using africa as "the" country that needs help..

there are plenty of places that need help also and may possibly need more assistance than africa. naw mean?

11. Overpopulation ladies n' gents...

12. Fixed

13. agreed.. they are trying to dumb us down so they can make better more funnier reality shows... everything is about expected earnings.

you have to sell your soul in this country to be above capitalism.

doctors make 100k a year while dr oz.. soulless tv doctor makes 300k a year
    you have to be recorded and processes to be wealthy.

me i just want a nice home and some children... and some food to food them at night.. maybe buy some land in philipines ;).. "who gon survive in america"

14. NASA has some incredible, top secret projects. Science fiction like shit. Only problem is some of their projects cost too much to be used practically at the moment.

15. i agree shit sucks in alot of places but its nobodys fault but their own.

Take africa for example i hate seeing those commercials where they ask you to donate money why dont they get off their asses and go hunt some zebra or something.i mean seriously and this whole clean water thing is stupid they could easily purify it with filters and fire.

dont say capatalism is the problem people are the problem

and im not trying to come off as a dick but thats real shit

16. Then you've been brainwashed. Capitalism is the problem. The north, east, and west African nations were some of the richest in the world until capitalism and christianity came to 'better' them.

17. Because when stupid motherfuckers use up all of Earth's natural resources within the next few generations, we're going to need another place to go.

I don't owe them shit. If I were poor and they were rich, would they provide for me? Probably not. It's not their responsibility.

Supply and demand. People will pay shitloads of money to watch a bunch of dickholes hit a ball around a diamond. You can blame the ignorance of man for this one.

That's the kind of society we live in. People want the best possible life for themselves and their children. If you want to change that, give up your computer and all your possessions and go live in the woods. Maybe someone will follow you?

Because "the hood' doesn't do anything to better itself. Lie in the bed that you make.

I've gotten a damn good education, and it's all been free so far. I'm never hungry for more than a few hours. My water's plenty clean. I don't see any problems. I know there are problems elsewhere, but what do you expect me to do? Go over to Venezuela with my personal reverse-osmosis machine and clean up all their water?

18. 1. The earth pollutes itself more with one volcanoe than we ever have.
    2. Over population is bullshit. Based on statistics people actually aren't having enough children.
    3. Where would we go in space? We can't travel very far. The moon???? Maybe of they hadn't faked going there in the first place.
    4. How does going into space fix food shortages? Unless we could find another planet like ours and figure out how to get there....space would have nothing to do with it.
    "Food shortage" is just propaganda the government throws out there to scare people and as an excuse not to give away food. TONS and TONS of food gets thrown out every day....when there's someone in the world that cause use it. Even if its a day or two past the shelf date there's still people willing to eat stale food...its better than nothing.

And to people saying we need to help Africa.....we as Americans need to stop worrying about everyone else and focus on ourselves. Our country is falling apart. Which might be a good thing. We invade countries and tell them how to run shit. Then act surprised that a lot of people don't like us....well no shit. Would you like someone coming into your house and rearranging everything? Then when they leave telling you "keep it this way ill be back in a week. If you move stuff back, I'm going to kill you."

19. Stopped reading here.