Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Real Dispensary Edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by jman86, Jun 28, 2017.

1. I was told these are 50mg Dispensary Edibles, but after taking one at 9am i still feel nothing. I am an everyday smoker on and off for the last two years. However, for the past 6 months I've been smoking 2 grams a day. I don't know if that has any affect on my dosage, but i was told to start at 50mg. Thanks! IMG_4531.JPG IMG_4532.JPG

2. I took 50mg watermelon gummy edibles from a dispensary and they did hardly anything for me. Waited almost an hour and a half waiting for it to kick in and I just gave up and smoked a bowl. Was not happy.

"what i do is not up to you."

3. Dispensary edibles suck ass, expensive and weak as hell.

Just de-carb some bud and put .5 gram on a cracker with peanutbutter.

• Like Like x 3
  4. I make shit that would flatten you out. But then again I don't really make 50mg eddies, mine are 100mg or more. Everyone's different, you might try a 50mg edible from somewhere else and might feel something. It depends on how it's made, what it was made with, who made it and who ate it. That's what I always say.

Cheers d00d

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  5. I am beginning to think people who use everyday at least half a gram to two grams maybe need to have on hand 150 to 200mg in edible form extra as a backup to titrate to, on top of what is normal for most, 50mg. That is when trying for the first time and especially if taking more without waiting some time in-between. Nothing worse than having someone phish out or alternatively not take enough on subsequent adventures!

6. Edibles are tricky. I had a 20mg cheeba chew couple months ago and I was gone. If your gonna explore edibles I suggest getting from a reputable brand or start making your own. I'd suggest making your own bc it's cheaper and it's fun.:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oregon? Yeah. It sucks. 50mg doesn't do it for me either. It costs at least $30+ for a good buzz from storebought edibles going with the cheapest option, gummies or candies. But the chocolates are so much better, and a lot of companies make chocolates that are strain specific. But they run closer to $30 for 50mg. My suggestion, when I buy a storebought edible, I eat about a gram, gram and a half of AVB with it. It helps get the job done cheaper.

8. Retail edibles are hit and miss, not to mention a rip off. I have had good luck with Cheeba Chews. A 75mg "quad dose" knocked me the fuck out.

If you want the most bang for your buck, learned how to make your own. There are so many ways to make them you can find on the GC forums.

Based on anecdotal evidence though some people don't respond to edibles. I think it has something to do with how fast your metabolism digests food, and what you have in your gut.

Try not eating any meat, dairy or a big meal for at least 12 hours before having one. Then do something active that elevates your heart rate for an hour. Usually that will work. If not you may be one of those rare people that don't get anything from edibles.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Disagree with above about not eating a large meal for 12hrs. You might have been specifying those particular foods and may be on to something, idk.

You NEED to have SOMETHING in your system that is in the process of digesting due to the first pass metabolism rule, which is why a lot of people miss out on a lot of the THC. Eating on an empty stomach, your body processes a lot of the edible as FOOD and you miss the THC. Doesn't happen for everyone, but having something already digesting (A few crackers or a piece of toast) will mean your digestive system is distracted and it will take LONGER to digest your edible which means MORE THC is absorbed.

I haven't ever had any problem either way, but a LOT of other people have.

Fasting makes it come on a LOT stronger for obvious reasons, but it doesn't work that way for a lot of people.

• Like Like x 2
  10. As to the OP though, Edibles can sometimes be pretty background.

It's not a hit you in the face kinda thing like smoking is unless you have a LARGE dose.

For instance, my first edible experience I didn't feel like I was high, I didn't notice it at first. I recognized I didn't feel the need to smoke but I just didn't "feel" high. Knew the dirt chicken wings I was eating tasted incredible...hmm I must be high...nope, don't feel anything...did that waiter just teleport? Hmm, I must be REALLY high...nah I don't feel anything...Hear a tiny jazz riff in a shop I went into HEAVEN...hmm I must be high. Rolled on from there after I learned a different type of high.

It's just different. It's sort of in the background like a hill that you don't feel like has been elevated at all until you check google maps and see you are at 800ft elevation and you have no idea how that even happened.

Do an activity that you would typically do high, Like MUSIC/FOOD and tell me you can't tell a difference. If not, try a double dose. It's much more sublime than toking as a general rule.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. #11 Quantary, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    My advice was a bit vague. You wouldn't want to fast 12 hours, and then just take a THC capsule (which is what I generally take). I've always had the best results after a mild fast, (8-12 hrs) then taking a dose along with a minimal amount of food.

I have a pretty high metabolism though and apparently my system really reacts to THC. 20 mg is about all I need at time. If I take more than 25-30 mg it feels like too much.

From time to time I'll take a month off with no edibles or smoking so that I still feel the euphoric effects.

• Like Like x 1