Ready To Order Supplies: Check & Correct Me

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by iROLLDROBRO, May 4, 2018.

1. This will be a SCROG grow
    Not sure on strain

Budget: Tops $700

Tent: VivoSun 48x24x60 Closet space ($106)
    Light: Vipar Spectra 600W LED ($170)
    Nutrients: Hoffman Brand Perlite & Happy Frog ($52)

Is this a good start?

I need help with ducting and filter set-ups

I realize there are lots of other things I need, but this ^ is the bulk or pricier aspect of it

2. If you can go taller do it, your gear will take up space. Its a great veg tent but would soon be outgrown. Doable, but why stress yourself.

3. I have never grown but have been contemplating doing something like this. I have no clue on any of it really. Soil, ph, temps, etc. So I’ll be following along hoping to learn something. Hopefully you’ll get some good advice and we can both learn a thing or two.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I plan on going bigger once I move. My area is tight, because Ill be using a small walk-in closet. Imagine a small walk space (4ft from door to back wall) with clothes racks on both sides. The max height I can use, because of the racks on both sides is 5ft (63" to be exact).

You bet bud!

5. Your filter and fan should be big enough for your next tent. 4" are tempting but 6" has better flow and can be slowed down to be a bit quieter.
    If you don't have timers, i just bought a power bar with built in timer to control 4 plugs ( not individually) and 4 live at all times. Helped me keep it neat and allow enough hydro to be plugged in and no added timer required Allows for 10 amp, i run lights and fans on this bar. And when i need heat or humidifier i use another circuit.

6. Dont know that soil. Make sure u get a ph meter. I wouldnt feed until u have that under control.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

7. HF is made by FoxFarms..it has Mycos and not as hot as FF Ocean Forest..I use it for seedlings and mix 40-40-20 HFOF-Perlite..Good stuff.
    ph meters are great..BUT I use the old school chemical kit to check the meter..they go out of wack at least monthly.

Go to growweedeasy.com
    Great site for all you want to know and more;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hummm mykos in it. What does it compare to frog or ffof as far as kelp bat poop worms etc?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

9. Google it..but here (from my google search)

"What is in Happy Frog potting soil?
    That's why Happy Frog® Potting Soil is alive with beneficial microbes and fungi that help break down organic matter and feed the plant roots. Between the earthworm castings, the bat guano, and the aged forest products, your container plants have never felt so good."

• Like Like x 1
  10. 3 plants for that tent I listed?

11. OK in VEG (not over 60days imo (they will get big in 60 days)), but for flower..maybe 2 would be better..I crowd mine in a 3x3x6 (4 plants), but mine are VERY FRIENDLY GIRLS..LMAO
    4-21-18.JPG

12. Lookin good! I was thinking about just settin the pots in a triangle and 3 being decent to start with and I can do trial and error from there. How much you estimated/wanting your harvest to be? How far along are they?

13. Thanks..
    Pineapple and Creme were chopped over the weekend..I hardly ever weigh anymore, since I am in it for pure potency now (have too much flower and need to make more hash/butter.)..When I began seriously growing, I was always petrified of running out, so I was very careful..NOW..I figure life's too short and I love the hobby so I grow!

When I did weigh I got about 4.4 ounces of dried bud average, (I only keep the top colas now for smoke..the rest to the hash bag. (yeah..I got spoiled)..The way I grow (I leave lots of leaves), I get a lot of larf too..No problem it makes great hash.

I grew out an early Blueberry and only got 1 ounce dried..It sucked but the smoke was great. Then I grew out a Cackleberry and got 4.9 ounces or so..(had to weigh it since it took FULL 5 quart jars.
    My fun with Cannabis!
    I love this shit..:)
    10-27-17 Levo butter.JPG cookies1.JPG 12-15-17.JPG cookies and creme.JPG loaf.JPG

14. Forgot..
    You can start with 3..but get ready to cull one out if they get too crowded, and start competing for light!
    To this day..culling a healthy female is still painful for me!:(

15. I got you. Good info. Im gonna google, but any suggestions on a good bushy strain?

16. Most Indicas are bushy..GDP, and any Afghani come to mind..

17. Whats a good, reliable, discreet site to get seeds from?

18. There are tons depending on what country you wish to order from..Use the search in the GC forum site (here) and searcfdh "seeds" or "seedbank" etc.

Google also works just fine..LOL

19. Yea, I did google. I figured I would ask to just to be cautious and make sure there wasnt like a site I should specifically avoid lol

20. AVOID Bud O Rama Scams..
    The Vault, MSNL, GYO/Bonza, TSSC in the UK are good..(you need to shop the sales)
    In the USA, I have ordered from Greenpoint Seeds in Colo..great gear (sales) and very very honest..There are many others..I also would avoid Seedsherenow on Ore..They mine your data and sell it..aside from being too expensive.,

• Like Like x 1