Ready to harvest??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BingB0ngs, Jul 3, 2019.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  1. Third.
    Any thoughts so far? Im thinkin number 3 can come down tonight.
    I have to step out for a bit will post the other 3 later tonight 20190702_195520.jpg 20190702_195537.jpg 20190702_200021.jpg 20190702_200049.jpg 20190702_200130.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. They look ready to go to me man beautiful

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah cut.
    Oh they look good, great job
    What are they, and who is the breeder?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Amazing thank you, going to do some chopping tonight.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thank you! 4 of them are blue cheese (dinafem) 1 of them is ogkush (royalqueenseeds) and 1 of them is just a bagseed i had stored dont even remember if the smoke was good

• Like Like x 2
  6. Another question.... is there anything wrong with using my flowering tent to dry my harvest? I need to gut it anyways and change some things around so as long as i can keep it dark and the air flowing slowly it should be fine no? It also has the carbon filter so it would help keep smells down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. yep, its fine to use your flowering tent for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sweet thanks, thought so

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just checked the other 3 plants and all the trichs are comparable to what you guys told me to chop so they are all coming down at day 60 of flowering. Does anyone keep their plants in the dark before harvest?

10. Well if the smoke wasnt good then you took and made it good this time. Lol

11. Nice you should have loads of good buds for a while. I think the whole leave in the dark deal comes down to personal preference.

12. Got any pics of the full plants?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. This was 3 days ago. I took the day off today to trim these badboys up lol.
    Number 3 is the bagseed and number 4 is ogkush rest of pics are bluecheese 20190630_001958.jpg 20190630_002145.jpg 20190630_002521.jpg 20190630_003341.jpg 20190630_003428.jpg 20190630_004841.jpg

14. Do not cut the ones with a lot of white pistils. They still have time to fatten up and ripen. Hopefully you haven't yet.

When you check trics, check the buds not the leaves. You also still need to look at the overall plant.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thank you for the heads up! Theres one in there with a little more than half white pistils which is the first pic i posted out of the six and I plan to not chop that one today i will keep it going a while longer. Ive only harvested one so far and the others are looking ready based on the red/brown pistils and cloudy/amber trichs.

16. A plant and a half wet trimmed. Second one is blue cheese like the first. Wayy more purple in number 2 though also frostier than the first. Takin a lunch break. This is much more time consuming than i thought it would be. 20190703_133940.jpg

17. Got about 2 1/4 plants harvested and buds trimmed so far today.
    Wet weight of 384grams

Still have 3 full plants and 3/4 of one left to cut.

18. I've recently read that light is bad for your curing and drying/dried bud. It's supposed to weaken the end product. Now, just in case I dry and cure all of my own buds in the tent.

"When it comes to storing your cannabis, controlling for light, air, and heat will keep your buds fresh the longest. For light, keep flower in an opaque container. A drawer works pretty well also. Mason jars are the industry staple for a cheap and readily available airtight container. Heat should not be a problem so long as you are keeping your bud at room temperature, but maybe don’t store it near the radiator or heating vent. Freezing is technically optimal, and works well for long-term storage. Trichomes may become brittle and fall off, but if kept away from light and air, should avoid cannabinoid degradation. Ultimately, there are many ways to properly preserve your stash so try a few options out and pick what’s best for you!"

Does Light Degrade Cannabis?