Ready to harvest? [pics]

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lacostelaval, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Do these plants look like they are ready to harvest now, or should I wait a little bit longer?

Any comments are appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Thanks. I don't have a magnifying glass so it's hard to tell, but are the trichome colors visible in these pics? Here's the same two plants from an overhead view. It's as close as I can get with my phone camera and still be able to focus:

Attached Files:

3. definitely looks like its either ALMOST ready, or ready... as stated above though trich color is a very good indication of when to harvest.....

if you pulled them now, it would be (from its looks) dank fuckin weed though man. What strain is that??

4. Thanks man. It is +Speed by Sweet Seeds. It's starting to turn slightly purple I think because of the cool nights in Florida (40s - 50s). Planted them about 2 months ago, 2 out of 3 germinated. They're way out in the woods, so I just let them grow wild just for fun. No fert/nutes and haven't even watered them. They're just watered by occasional rain and dew I guess.

Zooming in on my phone, the trichs look mostly all milky, I think.

5. One more pic:

Attached Files:

6. #7 wwpk, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
    best with like said above is to check amber % of trichomes but anyway just looking at it id say give it 5 more days

edit:
    5 days more of plumbing should be noticeable to the eye. and though pistils / calyx's cant always be counted on, it looks like you have high ratio of clear hairs still.

7. Thank you, I will wait and try to pick up a magnifying glass this week

8. Well Florida is a pretty good grow environment. What with all the fertile swamps, humid air, plenty of sun, plenty of rain.

9. [quote name='"lacostelaval"']Thank you, I will wait and try to pick up a magnifying glass this week[/quote]

Radioshack sells a pretty nice one with a light on it n shit for like 10 bucks haha

10. #11 lacostelaval, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012
    Yes, I did a grow in this same spot over the summer. The problem though was too much rain. All my crop got bud rot, so when I harvested I had to throw away at least half (if not more )of the buds.

It's better now this time of the year because it doesn't rain as much and the nighttime temperatures are good for getting shades of purple and blue on your buds.

Anyone care to make a guess what the final yield will be on the two little plants? They are only about 2-3 ft tall (refer to original post pics: Pic1 = Plant 1; Pic2 = Plant 2; Pic3 = Plant 1; Pic4 = Plant 2)
    I'll post the final weight here after harvest.

11. Thanks I will stop by there tomorrow :)

12. #13 lacostelaval, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
    BTW - Just thought I'd add that when visiting the site today I really noticed just how much this strain (+Speed) does not have an odor. I grew some Hindu Kush and Sugar Mango Ryder at this same spot over the summer, and you could smell them really strong if you got anywhere near the area.

I could barely even smell these +Speed plants even when I pressed my nose right up to the top of cola.

I wonder if that means it won't be very potent, or if this is just not a very pungent strain?