Ready to harvest? Im somewhat clueless.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Failicus, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Hey y'all -- I'm a bit of an accidental grower-- I tossed a couple seeds in some pots at the beginning of the summer. One of the plants ended up female and while it didn't grow that big, I honestly don't know what I'm doing so I'm just happy it grew at all.

Getting to the point, I'm wondering if it looks ready to harvest. I have a bit of a spider mite problem so I'm anxious to go ahead and cut down the buds to dry. I did buy a jeweler's loupe to see the trichomes up close and it's honestly hard to tell...some look milkier than others, most are still white-ish, but I could swear I saw the occasional amber. 

Anyway - attached are two pics - one with a flash and one without. Looking for some opinions to see if I can cut the buds down and save them from the asshole mites.

Attached Files:

2. I'd say wait another week or 2. Is the hairs still white or are they drying up and turning red 1381004593080.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Hairs are most definitely turning red at the tips. I assume you're talking about the things you can see without magnification.

4. Yes.

Conway Twitty.

5. Honestly you don't want to smoke that bud. You def got mites from looks of ya pic and there's probably tons of mites and mite shit (which equals mold) In those buds. Pretty damn gross if you think about it. There's not really such thing as a small mite problem especially if you have not done anything to try and solve the issue at hand. Good luck though.

6. Go to your local hydro store and get some Mighty Wash. Get a cheap 56oz hand pump spray from depot and when the sun starts to go down spray the buds really good (but not to the point where they drip). Also spray the tops and bottoms of the leaves really good. You will only have to wait two weeks to harvest, but if you soak the buds and leaves good enough you should cure the mite issue. And by the looks of your hairs you got at least two weeks left. I've noticed you'll see some amber on the bottoms of the leaves before the buds so you should be good either way.

Here is one harvested last night.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1