Ready To Grow Bagged Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MI Wolverine, Jan 27, 2012.

1. only a $1 for 1cf bag? I'd buy a lot and stock up! LOL
    i've used that - it's part of what's in my current soil. i'm sure there are better products but I've been happy with it. I used that, chicken manure compost, and ewe's in my soil and my plants have been pretty happy. at that price it's hard to beat!
    i suppose you can top dress it. I mixed everything in when i built my soil but i'm sure topdressing it would help same as topdressing ewc's.

oh, i see, it's the ripped ones for only $1. i guess you plan on "accidently ripping" every bag? LOL

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not only can you top dress just the manure you can do this. Take a bag and mix whatever amendments you think you may want to add down the road, for example bonemeal or kelp, and let it sit until you are ready for it. Then when you apply the topdress, the added amendments will be well on their way to being plant available. I call that strategy 'precycling' amendments/nutrients.
    You can also add some bulk to it, and start a worm farm.
    Great score at $1, bag.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 2
  3. Well, after reading this thread and re-reading it I have to ask the question. Is Empire Builder the best complete nutrient bag available? (It was mentioned a few times in 2012 in this thread)
    I live in the Central Valley of California and I'm beginning the hobby of growing indoors. I know there are probably a few options out there but after my first 2 plant debacles, I think I need a soil that's as close to complete as I can get.
    I use a Growers Choice 315W CMH light with 3 different spectrum bulbs and a 1200W LED with separate Veg-Bloom switches(actual consumption is 275Watts) as a back up. Humidistat and humidifiers and dehumidifiers as well. Good 6 inch ventilation too.
    I have lots of Botanicare nutrients still in the bottle if/when needed. I just don't have the time to do the pH and PPMs everyday.
    Any guidance on a soil that's available for sale in California and has an excellent range of built in nutrients would be very much appreciated. Thanks. Mike

• Like Like x 1
  4. You will get the best results from mixing your own soil. Many of us here use the no-till recipe with good results.
    The recipe is on page one.
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

• Like Like x 1
  5. T

Thank you for the excellent link above, much appreciated. Before I saw your reply, I went to the Roots Hydroponics store here in Fresno CA and one of the sales folks spent quite a bit of time with me and I left with a bag of Empire Builder so my next go around will include that and likely a couple of the listed items in your link. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Try a hortilux full spectrum bulb! I won't believe the difference

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. I've read good things about the Hortilux bulbs, and I may buy their Red Colored Hood 315LEC with the excellent photon dispersion characteristics.
    I have the Growers Choice 4K for Veg, 3-KR for Bloom and the 10K finishing bulb (yet to try that one). So many options in the hobby. Right now I'm doing it just for the personal challenge of trying to produce the perfect bud.
    Maybe when the Docs ease up on my meds, I'll be able to partake. Right now I'll be just giving the flowers away for birthdays and holidays gifts to my friends. btw- I abstained for 35 years for work so what's another year or two! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was using the Philips agro bulb they were all the rave and then my buddy said look at these. Not even close. The bulb is almost twice as big in size barely fits in the hole 20180716_043252.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. You have the reflector/hoods that have the great dispersion numbers. The best price I could find on them was about $490. Is that pretty much the best price for them? Is there a time of year where more aggressive pricing and sales occur?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I like your setup

• Like Like x 2
  11. I bought lights at local hydro for 420 each 3 years ago

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hillbilly grower ty

• Like Like x 1