Ready to cut these girls down

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokemedicalpot, Nov 29, 2018.

1. hello,

This is the eighth and final week of flower (eighth week since I flipped to 12/12 as well) according to the breeders... and according to the trichomes too!

When I use the scope to check out the trichs I see all milky and some amber, probably the odd clear one too.

A little disappointed as I was informed that breeder times are usually off by 2 weeks... so I only began feeding plain water last saturday (5 days ago) as opposed to starting week 6.

I want to pull these babies next week because they seem to be at their peak and will produce the type of medicinal qualities I enjoy. Can I get away with a week / week and a half flush? How long do I have before they all turn amber if I'm already spotting milky and amber heads?

Sorry I can't take pics of just the trichomes to share...

IMG_1015.JPG IMG_1016.JPG IMG_1017.JPG IMG_1018.JPG IMG_1019.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. id say 5 days max bro... if you are truly flushing with only water with 20% runoff... you shuld get a clean flush in 7 days for the most part. ive seen the guys who did all the comparison tests with flushing and not flushing... sugar water and no sugar water etc. nice job tho!

3. good to know. I've only really watered with plain water until 20% runoff once. That was 2 days ago... How many times should I water until runoff to complete the flush? It takes a couple of days for the pots to get dry on the top.

thank you !

4. You could just flush until your runoff is clear *basta*

It might take a week, it might take 3 days.
    It all depends on whether or not you flushed during the grow.

"They" say 2 weeks but I think it depends....

By giving pH'd water only, you're allowing the plant to use up any stored nutrients before harvest.

Some people say flushing is bullshit.

Another one of the many controversial weed growing / harvesting methods

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Is it crucial when flushing to observe the leaves turn from green to yellow and die off ? Or can a flush be complete with green fan leaves still lingering around? also the runoff is already clear, what does this indicate?

ya I had to flush a couple of times during the grow, but I still added nutes back into the soil so how would that effect the end flush?

hmmm thats interesting that there's so much controversy surrounding the method.. but it eases my mind a bit knowing that even if I can't complete a full flush cycle it won't be an issue really... to some growers atleast..

6. If ya wait till the plant tells ya it’s ready a flush is pretty easy. This is how I do it with no issues. There’s to much info on the internet about it and it makes ppl 2nd guess themselves.
    Hairs on buds are red/orange.
    2nd set of hairs are turning orange.
    Trichomes are milky/amber.
    Spend 2-4 watering bumping down nutrience check ppm to insure runoff is around 200 or less.

• Like Like x 1