Ready for harvest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by banjhankri23, Nov 12, 2019.

1. So what do you think of this one? This is my first grow, so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Bruce Banner that's been in 12/12 for 8 weeks this Thursday.

I think it needs to keep going, but the pistils have looked good for weeks, though the trichomes are still very clear.

Also, how quickly does it go from "ripening" to "over-ripe?"

I've fed with nothing but molasses & water since Saturday, figuring that I'm a week or two from harvest. If I give it nutrients again today I won't want to harvest for at least a week. I'm guessing that a few extra days won't make the difference between peak THC and couchlock, right?

2. Need Pics in regular lighting , can't see shit with the purple , most times people cut too early , it's not often someone cuts too late

3. Don’t be giving nutes if your a week out

4. Wait till they are all cloudy, maybe some amber b4 u flush

5. Ya, I dunno if I'm a week out or not. That's sort-of the question. Keep giving nutes for a bit or back off to prepare for harvest.

6. Are u counting from the flip or from the first pistils

7. So an extra week after they're all cloudy is okay? That won't be over-ripe?

8. Flip was 8 weeks come Thursday. First sign of pistils was Oct 1st.

9. Pics of the buds & plants, or the trichomes? I'll grab some later today. Thanks!

10. So your really only day 42, I’d give only water for next two weeks n chop, or feed again then give only water for two weeks xhop

Edit : feed again then start flushing, id grow every 8 week strain 9 weeks from pistil anyway

11. I don’t think they will go from all cloudy to over ripe in a week. I think ud end with about 20-30% amber. Just a guess tho. I’ve had some that took more then two week to get from cloudy to 10% amber

12. Thanks! I’ve been mis-counting the flowering period it seems. Will try this.

13. Thanks! Having had no experience with this yet your feedback is really helpful.

14. Most of the time when your new to the hobby you always wanna chop early/ start flush to soon. Too many end up doing so. Keep track of days but go by trichomes only on when to harvest. I wouldn’t start flushing until u get 5-10% amber unless u want a bit more. U don’t wanna flush early and starve them when they want food to fatten up. How long u flush will depend on ur feeding/water regime and how heavily u feed. If u feed light, do maintenance flushes through out the grow, and didn’t have a lot of issues u are not going to have to flush as long as if you fed heavily and have a lot of silt build up.

15. So you're using amber in some trichomes as your indicator that the plant is ready to harvest?

I've been reading that amber is associated with more sedative effects and I'd consider this slightly too late. Is this just a matter of taste or am I misunderstanding something?

16. #16 GrasscityGal, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    After most to all of the trichomes turn amber they will get slightly darker then bend over and “die” having a little amber 0-20-30% is 100% ok. When ur new it’s better to go slightly a little longer and “work your way back” rather then chop early and get a rly crappy high/smoke. If ur looking for Highest thc but want different kinds of smoke for different effect buy the type of strain u want and harvest them all at as close to all cloudy. Which I’d probably shoot for 10-30% clear left and start flush. Another thing with letting it go a little longer is u get to see how much if any fatten comes at the end the last couple weeks

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Yeah them last two weeks, they get to stacking tf up

• Like Like x 1
  18. Will bump this to say thanks for the advice.

I fed again on the 13th and on the 16th noticed that she has sprouted a small number of new white pistils, so she's clearly not done yet.

Will continue to be patient and observant. Would be due for more nutrients today/tomorrow if I'm going to push it out for one more week. Will see.

19. Including some better-lit bud pics.

ALMVhVUtQryL7M%3aT69%w.jpg

EWe3Z%13TqWdigbNv8gGrg.jpg

OCz70+aZQZykG+wjB+VV9w.jpg

Attached Files:

20. Started a fresh post on this one as the situation has changed pretty rapidly since last feeding.