Ready for harvest?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by luckybudz, Jan 18, 2013.

1. This is my 1st harvest and I heard that a well known rookie mistake is to cut the plants down early and I want to avoid that. The strain is Romulan grown in soil under 400W HPS. I don't know how long she was been flowering (need to buy a calender so I can log it) The buds on the top (first picture) look very good but the buds on the bottom (second picture) are much smaller and still have some white hairs. The smaller fan leaves are turning yellow and I know it's a good sign that all the energy is heading towards the buds (third picture) but only about 15-20% of the fan leaves are yellowing as you can see in the picture. Do I wait till a higher percentage of the small fan leaves turn yellow and die and fall off? I don't want to cut the plant down if the buds near the bottom still have another growth spurt in them. The pistils are about halfway between clear and milky.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Looks like you might have to harvest in sections and leave the unripe buds to finish a little while longer

3. I second that motion. Worked for me once. I also do it when I want 2 different levels of thc from the same plant...just chop the upper parts early and the lower bud will ripen more.

4. I just harvested some Woody OG. I pulled all the top colas and then waited another week to pull the rest of the plant. You will definitely notice the lower buds swelling more.

5. That shit looks good. I wish I could get some seeds from that strain.
    I just grow from bagseed.
    I'm to scared to order online

6. I order my seeds from Nirvana I've ordered from them several times and they ship worldwide. I suggest buying feminized seeds so you're not wasting any grow space on growing males, waiting to see what sex they are.

7. I'm not in a legal state. Are you? Is it easy to get them without getting caught.

8. Yes, I live in a legal state, but it doesn't matter (just keep your grow room a secret:D). It's damn near impossible to get caught. Going through someone's mail is a federal offense even to the mail carriers. They always ship the seeds very discreetly. They usually mail you a random object and hide the seeds in it. The seeds come from Holland so you know they are going to be good.:smoking:

9. Yea trust me only person that knows is my wife and thats cause she found it.
    Thanks for help

10. :( Scared: every one is concerned, but so many do it - ya know? It took me 3 try's, 2 ripped me off and 1 came through (ATTITUDE). I put the Attitude order on my card and the other 2 I sent cash, so my advise is don't send cash. Actually, you can grow some dank shit from bag seed so if ya got a supply I'd say stick with it.