reading while stoned

Discussion in 'General' started by Marlboromanofnazareth, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Anyone like to read while stoned? I read all the damn time. Especially love reading while high. Was wondering how others felt about it.
    Also, if I were to recommend a book it would be Blood Meridian by Comac MacCarthy, best piece of fiction I've ever read.

2. Love reading when I'm stoned. Cliche or not I feel like a sponge when stoned, ready to educate myself. History and philosophy seem so much more interesting when high.

3. I read catcher in the rye high as shit

4. Most overrated book ever and one of the few books I put down and never picked back up.

American literature is highly overrated and very much underdeveloped on numerous levels.

5. Meh my grandpa gave me it, figured I'd give it a read

6. Another American author who you probably consider overrated would be Stephen King, I love his books though. Pet sematary is one of my favourites of his, and his short story collections are great too

7. I like to read some non-fiction books when I'm stoned, as if I didn't feel like I was part of the books anyways right?

8. #8 Peaceful Dusk86, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2015
    You have your opinions and he has his. I myself love the King and Pet Sematary was a great book, along with Misery.

9. Yes I love a good book while high, I feel like I can imagine the fantasy its all the more palpable.

10. Reading while stoned gives the book more depth imho. Although sometimes I find myself reading and re-reading the same sentence about 12 times before I realize how to get to the next page. [​IMG]

11. I always forget what I just read and have to go back and reread it :unsure:

12. #12 TheSuperApe, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
    I usually have to read sentences or paragraphs over again anyways so might as well do it stoned.

Keep in mind I don't read fiction.
    But yea I love it

13. I don't actually read stoned too often, my mind goes off on its own tangents and scenarios lol and next thing i know I've been staring at the page for 5 minutes and haven't read but two words haha. Sometimes it works out though, especially if I'm at a coffee shop or out in the trees somewhere. I like that. I just bought 3 books from the used book store down the road $3 a pop and a huuuuuge selection, much better than anything you'll ever find at fucking Barnes and Noble. Reading sober is actually nice and honestly after a few glasses of wine too.
    You sound pretty confident about that statement, but I disagree. I'd be interested in reading any papers you might have written in support of your argument.

14. phony. haha holden would detect that in a heartbeat [​IMG]

15. You would be interested in any papers. Yeh I will send over my masters dissertation from The University Of Mcavellian Shit Talking.

Muppet lol.

16. Great films, shit books Im afraid.

This is great literature, pisses all over a story about a rich white kid:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

17. The Tibetan book of the dead will blow your mind

18. I read all the time but when I'm stoned I simply can't focus on a book enough

19. I love reading while high but I hate that I'm reading soo much slower. I also like cannot stop reading while high lol.

20. I honestly cannot focus enough to read without help from weed. Weed got me through my latest course in school that had two thick books to go through, and no, there was no plot. I like being a walking antithesis of the stoner stereotype of being dumb and lazy. I took a puff to calm my nerves and just destroyed the CCNA exam to the tune of 867 to earn my 10th IT certification. Not bad for a dumb stoner I'm thinking.