Reading the Koran, and it's disturbing.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Senior PoopiePants, May 12, 2010.

1. So, for those of you who think I'm against just Christianity - think again.

First of all, it is called "The Glorious Koran" and "The Noble Koran".

Also, it is said more times that I can count that Allah is so merciful. Lets take a closer look.

Oh, and please be advised that I'm only about 5 pages in, so I have a ways to go:

S´rah al-Fatihah:

1. In the name of Allah,2 the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.
    2. [All] praise is [due] to Allah, Lord of the worlds –
    3. The Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful,
    4. Sovereign of the Day of Recompense
    5. It is You we worship and You we ask for help.
    6. Guide us to the straight path –
    7. The path of those upon whom You have bestowed favor, not of
    those who have evoked [Your] anger or of those who are astray.
    Ok, we have that. Now lets move on:

From S´rah al-Baqarah:
    6. Indeed, those who disbelieve – it is all the same for them
    whether you warn them or do not warn them – they will not
    believe.
    7. Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing,
    and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great
    punishment.

So, let me get this straight. Allah HAS SET A SEAL UPON THEIR HEARTS AND THEIR HEARING. Am I to understand that this is implying that Allah HAS CONTROL over someone's belief? And then THEIR PUNISHMENT IS GREAT for not believing?

Blades, we're at the beginning of the book. Moving on:

10. In their hearts is disease, so Allah has increased their disease
    and for them is a painful punishment because they [habitually]
    used to lie.

:confused: :mad:

15. [But] Allah mocks them and prolongs them in their transgression
    [while] they wander blindly.
    16. Those are the ones who have purchased error [in exchange]
    for guidance, so their transaction has brought no profit, nor
    were they guided.
    17. Their example is that of one who kindled a fire, but when it
    illuminated what was around him, Allah took away their light
    and left them in darkness [so] they could not see.

I'll get off of that for now.

30. And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels,
    "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority."17
    They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption
    therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and
    sanctify You?" He [Allah] said, "Indeed, I know that which
    you do not know."

Allah creates Satan so he (Allah) can be seen in a good light.
    What follows is the Adam and Eve story. But after that:

62. Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or
    Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muúammad ()] –
    those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day
    and did righteousness – will have their reward with their Lord,
    and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve.

Those are the promises.

Every verse kisses Allah's ass - put him on this huge pedestal.

I'll stop here, because I can't find what I was looking for. I was looking for the part where it said something like, "Do not kill another human being - UNLESS ALLAH APPROVES".

I think we're getting a picture. As I read more of this book, I will post updates.

Thanks for reading, and fuck ALL religions.

2. Let me find out that people are scared to comment about this! :hello:

3. The Abrahamic religions are so barbaric...

4. I agree. Some good morals were taken from them, though. That's about it.

5. so do they also believe that god dropped this book from the skies a couple thousand years ago?

:laughing:

lmao...you never know who's watchin

6. interesting

7. No. Allah/"God" supposedly "revealed" the whole book of the Koran to that guy Muhammed.

Nuts...

8. as a muslim i think that i have good reason to be answering this thread :)

But also, i just want to say that i am not trying to convert you all to beleiving:p its all your choice, and considering the bad light that has been cast on the muslims due to media in the western world (guys trust me, i know. I am a white convert) i can understand that it can be difficult to see things out of a non judgemental perspective. Most things that people say in regards to Al-Quran are ofcourse biased because of what media has to say about religion.

With that out of the way........i can start :)

One thing that many people dont know, is that "kissing god's ass" is one of the principles of islam. You are suppsoed to praise God to the utmost as he is the creator, and he does many things to you that most people dont think about or take for granted(for example waking up every morning and being able to see, people think its ridiculous, because they take it for granted so much........thats my point), and Al-Fatihah is the prayer that we say when we pray, and it is the equivalent of shall we say The o father who art thou in heaven, hallowed be thy name or howver it goes. Its just a segment in our holy text that we use in our prayer, which in a sense compresses the meaning behind Al-Quran into one paragraph. Al-Fatihah is simply an abreviation of Al-Quran.

I am a little to stoned to continue writing further now, but still, thats what i have to say for now :)

hope to see your upcoming analysis and hope you are looking forward to my replies:)

Peace

9. Interesting, OP.

I found the Koran to be absolutely beautiful. It was written in another place, during a completely different time than we're living in now. You have to divorce yourself from today's way of thinking, and see things through a desert nomad's eyes.

10. A delirious desert nomad's eyes... He is insane and expresses schizotypal personality disorder.

11. Perhaps, yes. But you still can't read a book written centuries ago and judge it according to the morals of today and what we know scientifically. That's all I'm saying.

I suppose you could judge it in such a fashion, but that makes no sense to me...they didn't think like we do.

12. Dude, if there's a sentient creator out there pulling the strings and most of all, HARDENING PEOPLE'S HEARTS and then on top of that preparing a hell-fire for them then he is not worthy of my praise.

Games, games, games.

That's why I hate this shit. "The Truth" shouldn't have to be in archaic books that can easily be altered, taken out of context, added and deleted from.

If these gods (from ALL of the Abrahamic religions) want us to believe so much and prostrate to them, then perhaps they should set up a permanent base here on Earth so we can see them and their works with our own eyes.

None of this faith-crap.

I can't be any more straight-forward than that.

And also, the words that I have pasted here for the Koran speak for themselves, no?

13. #13 Senior PoopiePants, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    Dude, it says ALL OF THESE THINGS in black and white and not just in the Koran, but the bible and the Torah as well!

And like I said, these Abrahamic gods are vicious, under the impression that they're all loving and all merciful.

If they are all of the above, then why are hell-fires and shit always for the non-believers? But most importantly, why are these gods (especially Allah, as I have posted in the OP AS PROOF) even HELPING to make people not believe?

Am I seriously missing something? All of these gods pull the same crap.

"All loving", "Perfect Creator", deserves our praise.

But then created Satan to make himself look good. Creates humans with a flaw (this flaw being COGNIZANT that there is a "forbidden fruit").

Ok, why even PUT the forbidden fruit in the garden if god KNEW that Adam and Eve would eat it and get the knowledge???

So it's Adam and Eve's fault that that WE are all fucked up. But it's ultimately god's fault for putting the fruit there and creating Satan - KNOWING how shit would go down. Contradiction central - anything else is a justification.

Does anyone not see this?! What is the argument against this? :hello:

14. You quote my post, yet nothing in your "response" to my post had anything, at all, to do with what I said.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but if anybody gave you answers to the questions you ask, would you accept those answers at face value, or just go on another tirade about the answers?

We get that you find religion to be nonsense...so answering any of the questions you pose is pointless because you'll see those answers as nonsense as well, and we'll be back at square one.

Why not just live and let live? I think alcohol use is nonsense and a blight on our society, yet I don't go on and on and on about it. I let people live their lives as they would like to live them. You should take the same viewpoint on religion, whether you think it's a load of bullshit or not.

15. #15 Senior PoopiePants, May 12, 2010
    :laughing: Hey - free speech???

Not just that, but when the ENTIRE WORLD is affect by shit caused by different religions clashing, I think I and others have a right to get to question it.

And questioning it is exactly what I'm doing. And I didn't drag you into this thread.

I can also say the same about you how you only see it from "one side".

For the record, I'm Jewish. Well, my mom is. I went Christian for a few years, and then I came to where I'm at. And then seeing shit like 9/11, reading about Crusades, having my uncle fucking beat my poor mom in the head to accept Jesus or she will go to hell (he was Jewish and converted) gives me good reason.

But that's not even the most important reason. The most important reason is this:

Questioning things isn't a crime, is it? Especially when your own life and soul are at risk.

Oh, and to respond about how I didn't even address what you said to me first. You were saying that it was "written in a different time from a dessert-man's perspective".

I say - so???? At least the Koran was written over 1,000 years ago in Arabic, and we know there are no translation errors. It's pretty cut and dry.

Smell me?

16. #16 Senior PoopiePants, May 12, 2010
    And I still didn't get an answer to the whole god subjugating us-thing.

And if you're just going to get upset and not contribute, the back button the browser is usually on the top-left or top-right of screen - depending on what browser you're using. :D