Reading the Bible whiel high...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by kraiz, Aug 22, 2008.

1. I love how you completely disregarded the fact that I said that those "conversations" you have are nothing more than vivid dreams that you fool yourself with.... Please, respond to that.

Also, on the off chance that human civilization ever comes into contact with another centient life form that's vastly different from us, your religion defaults to thinking that it's inferior because only you are in the image of this non exsistant "Creator".

Lastly, and this is the most important part... Don't even bother with trying to get me on your "wave length"... Because being on that "wave length" goes against everything I stand for as a person... Which is freedom and respect.... And I'll tell you a little thing about freedom, it's living the way you want to as long as you harm no others.... And as for respect, well I have no respect for you because the act of you trying to get people on your "wave length" is disrespectful to their beliefs

2. You have no idea what I mean, your delusional and blind to reality.

3. okay crazy pothead, I read your every word but let me ask you this. If you discovered truth, would you not be eager to spread the word?

4. I do not attend church(Dont believe its necessary), I drink quite often, smoke weed, pop pills, fornicate, lie, cheat, steal, fight and from time to time say gods name in vain. But I believe(no matter what you do) as long as you maintain that relationship with him(so easy to lose) and repent for what you've done(true repentence). those pearly gates of heaven will be widen open for all of us.

5. Actually there's one sin in the bible that quite clearly states you'll go to hell for and that's denying existence of "The Holy Father".... Which I have done many times, publicly, vocally... So you see, even on the off chance your right(wow, I can't even type that out with a straight face).... I'm going to hell anyways.

6. no, thats not gods nature my friend:) you misinterpreted that scripture. like I said my friend, quiet 1on1 conversations with god I promise you if YOU'RE WILLING; you'll be shown the light.

7. I think that just about sums that up.

8. alright man, its a crazy world I'm sure you agree. I had a good time conversing with you. When people ask me why do I believe in that shit? I always just respond, it's the most logical explanation for why we're here. Who am I to argue with my lord? he created me and he can just as easily destroy me. Thank you lord for being a god of war, for if it wasn't in you satan would rule forever. Be with us all in all we do. And help crazypothead see you for who you are. Amen. Goodnight to all

9. Theres a lot more logical and plausible explanations for why we're here. And most of them involve aliens coming to earth and genetically modifying us to speed up our evolution. There also happens to be historical evidence that supports this idea, even in the bible itself.

Wait, nevermind. That doesn't explain why we're here. Just how. And even if that is the case, I still believe that everything is part of god. The aliens, us, and every part and level of reality and the universe. The sum of everything is god, and I believe it is conscious and alive even at that macro level.

10. Why aren't you telling me how that line explains how I'm not going to hell for denying the existence of god?.... Wasn't it you who said I misinterpreted that line?

I smell Bullshit... And it's coming straight from the pages of that "holy" book.

11. I dont know man, as far as I know AFTER YOU DIE if throughout your life time and time again you denied his existance then yes you'll go to hell(as far as I know). But i really need to learn hebrew and study the scriptures because hell is possibly temporary. I cannot answer your question with 100% confidence at this time. I dont consider myself your average christian and dont eat any bullshit that gets fed down my throat. I'm seeking truth, most christians sadly are seeking a comfort zone

12. interesting..:D sources? love to read em. Yea btw I meant to say "how" we're here not "why".

13. #54 InnerPeace, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008

It too scientist phd's to figure out ughh,, gee george there appeared to be some kinda bang. yea, god had nothing to do with that..........:confused_2:

Anyways. I'm a man of numbers always have been and always will be. Jesus Christ is the one man who said "I am the way, the truth and the light". No other religious leader claimed this. So it's 50/50, to put it bluntly. Jesus Christ is either a A) Liar, or B) The son of god.

14. I believe Yeshua Ben Yosef was a highly evolved consciousness who chose to incarnate here. I believe the same for all of the other highly influential people in history. I don't believe he was the "son of god" because, technically, we're all the sons of god. He wasn't special in that sense.

15. #56 MMJNoob, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
    That's one of my points. The devil represents evil. He's a fable. Just like the bearded god in the sky with his naughty and nice list. Personification at it's finest.

What I personally consider unjust, corrupt and wrong are part of this 'God given' world. Those things aren't always evil in my opinion, though outside my own morals/values. As far as pain and death go, I'm not sure why you would consider those things as evil at all. If they are evil, why would a good God give us these physical, human bodies that make both a certainty? Working sometimes causes me pain. Does that mean my job is of the devil and I should quit, letting my family go hungry? Some people cause me emotional pain. Does that make them possessed of Satan? Is every death the work of the devil?

Disabuse yourself of your assumptions if you think I've never prayed or meditated. I've prayed to your God and many others. In fact, I desperately tried to believe in your God for the first 15 years of my life. I was brought up to be a good little Catholic sheep.

I knew from a young age that it smelled of bullshit to me; but it took some years to accept that since it came from so many voices of authority. I explored other Christian denominations. I studied other religions. I listened to the arguments of monotheists, polytheists, agnostics and atheists alike. And I've come to my own ever evolving conclusions. I will spare you those.

I practice my form of meditation for a total of an hour daily, give or take and attempt to be mindful throughout my day. Because it brings me peace and well being, not because it is demanded by some deity lest he smite me and in hopes he will reward me.

I have seen your light and found it wanting. That Jesus Christ was God, I cannot accept. I'm not even completely convinced he lived. Doesn't matter; the Bible is folklore to me, to be taken metaphorically. Even my Theology professors taught against taking the Bible literally. At a private Catholic college.

Attempting to live a Christlike life seems sensible enough to me. The same basic message in different words is a theme throughout countless the world's religions, after all.
    Swallowing any organized religion whole does not make sense to me, Christianity in particular. Especially for a spiritual person. Religion; IMO, stifles individual spiritual expression. Jesus was not a Christian.

Christianity makes me want to puke too, honestly. Christianity bullies people into blindly following and proselytizing it's dogma by threatening their eternal souls; furthering it's political and business agendas.

I hope that you will open your mind to other paths as well as learn the truth about Christianity's history. You might just take something valuable. Next time I see a Tibetan peace flag flutter in the wind, I'll send a 'prayer', as you pray for me to your God. Next time I see a peace pipe being passed as a tobacco offering in thanks, I'll be thankful for being a fallen Christian.

The Native American's Mother Earth is the only deity that has been proven to my satisfaction to exist literally and factually. They are all psychological archetypes to me. If there's any God, he controls the physical laws that govern our universe and beyond. I don't think we as a race have even scratched the surface of what we will come to understand if we survive awhile. We are far from 'knowing' or understanding God. Isn't pride one of the seven deadly sins?

As far as 'talking to God' goes; I try to keep the words out of my head when meditating, not create more. I don't think we should ask God for any specific wishes, anyway. Isn't that way of praying a bit disrespectful? Kind of like a defiant child, refusing to follow a parent's rules; thinking themselves wiser than the authority. God's will; not mine be done, right?

I don't mean just you particularly either. It's the words I'm responding to. The ones I've heard ad nauseum. Hence the desire to vomit. I don't care to be 'saved' but I do appreciate the thought.

16. I hope you know that this is pretty much the definition of pseudoscience.

Ancient Astronaut charlatans have been debunked time and again, most recently with Erich Von Danikens total and utter evisceration. Not to mention he's a convicted con artist.

Almost all of this "supposed" evidence has been debunked for one reason or another. Mostly because the conclusions are non-sequiturs and have much more terrestrial explanations.

These kinds of ideas require a host of interweaves logical fallacies to be even taken remotely seriously. And even then, the claims fall apart quickly.

17. There are many things in this world that may be true, but are considered pseudoscience. I take many of those things to be true, as do many others. And some of them are impossible to prove, but regardless of that, I consider them to be true.

18. It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
    -- Carl Sagan

19. Grasping the fact that we don't really know how it is yet is also important.