Reading the Bible whiel high...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by kraiz, Aug 22, 2008.

1. #21 Sam_Spade, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
    Yeah but the growths of a plant takes longer than a month, and I have no clue what "twelve manner of fruits" means.

The "leaves" of the cannabis plant are pretty much useless. They don't contain any significant portion of oils, or psychoactive drugs, or fiber, or anything really useful.

Confirmation bias?

2. believe != entrust

be·lieve

1. To accept as true or real: Do you believe the news stories?
    2. To credit with veracity: I believe you.
    3. To expect or suppose; think: I believe they will arrive shortly.

en·trusts
    also in·trusts
    1. To give over (something) to another for care, protection, or performance: "He still has the aura of the priest to whom you would entrust your darkest secrets" (James Carroll).
    2. To give as a trust to (someone): entrusted his aides with the task. See Synonyms at commit.

Oh wait, someone already said that:

3. nice man. Dont listen to people that will give you shit about your religion. Everyone should respect others people religions in my opinion. But hey you should try reading it on shrooms!

4. How could the people of Palestine and Belial, and all the other places that fell VICTIM to the sword of Israel..."have it coming" as you so eloquently put it??

They didn't know any better..and with Israel losing their nation after all these atrocoties they commited..it was sweet karma that judged them..not their god getting mad

5. Spoken like a true patriot, everyone knows America has no laws.

And since your going to Bible College, you'll be getting a degree in BS.

Everyone ever killed by religion had it coming, according to someone religious.

I had an older lady in her 70's, telling me that the recent earthquakes in China happened because " God thinks they've been up to no good". And she was as serious as a funeral director when she said it. A 'vengeful' god, is all she offered, to explain what she didn't understand.

Typical. Delusional, but typical.

6. Small children who follow their societies belief are just BEGGING to be slaughtered by the armies of a Righteous god.

JEEEEZE, c'mon, xXMelkorXx, get onto the bandwagon, man!

7. #27 negligent, Aug 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2008
    you do know the bible is nothing but a huge plagery right?

all the stories of the bible were copied from ancient pagan religions.. and if you do a lil research, u'll find out i'm not lieing.. the bible was designed to remove spirituality from the masses and allow only a select few true spiritual enlightenment

christians believe that as long as they believe in jesus that they're saved and thats all that matters, when really you could become as the gods if you actually do something about it and actively pursue enlightenment through various forms of meditation and what not.. christians are not spiritual, christians are just living in a fairy tale of copied stories from the very religions that christianity deems "satanic"

ha

www.exposingchristianity.com

maybe you should read some of that while your high, get a lil dose of truth, good for the soul

warning: that site has a somewhat anti-semetic theme to some of it, but thats not at all the point of it... just throw out the anti-semitism and read the facts

well not really anti-semetic, but it blames the jews for how the bible was written to create a pacifist slave state in christians, and since the bible was written by people of jewish decent its only right to blame them

its not any hail hitler anti-semitism, it only hates on the corrupt religious jews of way back when who saw the gentiles as sub-human and believed that they should be enslaved to the jewish people

8. dude, the original word used in the bible is pisteou wich is translated as entrust.

9. If the people that God had ethnically cleansed had it coming, why did he create them in the first place?

10. Because god works in mysterious ways! OOOoooOOOooooOOOO!

[​IMG]

11. I love reading my bible while high, I'm glad to know there are some other people who find it enlightening. Pot is the secret to the universe.

12. There are far more entertaining forms of fiction I choose to spend my reading time with :wave:

13. But dude, you forgot to include the part of the quote where you said belief != entrust:

I believe that George Bush exists. I certainly do not have a trusting relationship with him. You likely believe in Satan. Have you entrusted anything to Him?

I'll discuss semantics until the cows come home. Let's play word games. Dictionaries are my favorite books. Of course each version varies slightly in translation, much like your Bibles. This should be a hoot since I know no dead languages and I assume you don't either. At least you probably know the Latin and Greek as you're in Bible College.

Here are some things I just learned about pisteou. Ancient Greek (Hellenistic Age):
    -The infinitive mood “To believe” in a religious meaning is “Pisteuein” in ancient Greek, while the indicative mood, present tense, 1st.person singular, i.e. “I believe”, is “Pisteuo” (not 'pisteou').

I thought we were supposed to be getting high and reading the Bible in this thread. I read Genesis 1:29.
    I only use medical edibles. Of course some translations replace plant for herb and meat for food. But I'm a vegetarian too so I'm covered. That's the best thing about the Bible. I can use it to justify pretty much anything at all. And it's a pretty good read. I consider it more of fable or folklore not authored by God or even Jesus.

14. The way I see it, none of it's likely, and if it is, god's such a bitch, I'd prefer spark a blunt with the devil.... SERIOUSLY, some of that shits fucked up, REALLY bad...

15. i guess everybody missed that THE BIBLE ISNT AN ORIGIONAL BOOK! ITS ALL COPIED FROM OTHER RELIGIONS! NOT A SINGLE STORY IN THE BIBLE (other than the jesus shit) WAS WRITTEN FROM AN EVENT THAT DIDNT OCCUR 100'S OR THOUSANDS OF YEARS EARLIER IN PAGAN RELIGIONS!!!!! THE VERY RELIGIONS CHRISTIANS/JEWS SOUGHT TO DESTROY AND ACCOMPLISHED TO MAKE SURE THEIR BIBLE WAS NEVER PROVEN FALSE.

geez haha, maybe the big bold print will catch some attention

^ and yes u would much rather spark a blunt with satan, considering according to the bible, he's the whole reason your able to think freely and have intelligent thought

16. Not to mention that these stories were passed on verbally for some time before they were actually recorded, from what I understand. Telephone game anyone?

And yeah, if the big party in the sky vs. the roasting in Hell after death thing is true; guess I'll be toasted for eternity. At least pretty much everyone I know will be at the bonfire. "A friend of the devil is a friend of mine." In fact quite a few of his friends are friends of mine I think.

No offense intended to you Christians with this post, but I don't believe Jesus was literally God. I don't believe in Satan either except metaphorically. Doubt I will in this lifetime.

17. I'll pray that;not you inparticularly; but everyone who once felt like me can see the light. I guess the only advice I can give you is for a few minutes free yourself from all distraction and noise. Talk to god(not disrespectfully) but really let your heart out on him. He loves you and he understands your pain and confusion. His love is truely overwhelming:)

btw, the devil represents everything that you consider painful, unjust, wrong, corrupt, death.

18. #38 Crazy Pothead, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
    In that case your religion represents the devil to me because: it's unjust towards people who choose not to conform, it's painful that your living a dream that's not true, your religion is wrong in almost every sense of the very word, some of the most corrupt people have been religious leaders who abuse their power and how many have died in the name of another faith that considered them to be unfit to live... What an entirely stupid thing to say.

The state of prayer is actually close to that of dreaming, just that you remain conscious.... So all your doing is imagining this powerful being.... Do the right thing and realize where the true power is... In your mind, unfortunately most religous people are blind to this fact.

Also, this is why I beleive most religous people(christians in particular) are weak minded, in times of danger or peril, they pray for their lives, when instead they could be taking action to prevent things from happening.

And personally, I trust no one with my fait but myself, my the actions I take in this physical world are far greater than any prayer by any amount of people will ever be........ Like me picking up a pencil for instance.

I'm not spiritual in anyway shape of form(hopefuly you could already tell), but I do beleive in the power of the human mind for solving complex problems... The brain is a remarkable organic computer we have yet to fully understand.

P.S. While reading this post I felt an enormous amount of pitty for this person and at the same time a sickening feeling that almost made me want to puke.

19. the second I read your first few words "your religion" I knew you weren't on the same wavelength i'm trying to get you to go onto. Loving our creator and respecting the power of the human brain he created(in the image of his own) are two different things. I have many more conversations with our lord Jesus before I can speak on his behalf. I love you as a human, Just as I love all. We are all one

20. oh man, words will not describe how much I understand what you are talking about. But recognize this thinking is a lie manifested by the devil himself. If you have one true conversation with our lord all of your previous thoughts about him will fly out the window.:)