Reading comics while stoned

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by drewber2635, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Hey guys, whats up? Im pretty sure this is my first post on here but Im not too sure...but anyways, I was wondering if there are any comic fans out there on this forum. Have any of you read comics while smoking some tree? I have and its pretty cool. For some reason I really get into the story a whole lot more (and even when I am sober Im still really into it) I am a huge DC Comics fan. Dont really read any Marvel, every once in a while I might pick up a title, like Moon Knight or Daredevil. Also, who are your favorites? I might get some shit for this, but my favorite superhero is Aquaman. Dont hate unless you have actually read his shit! Some other ones: Green Lantern, The Atom, Dr. Fate, Captain Comet, Batman, Superman....I could go on, but ill stop there.

2. Comic books are cool...for children haha jk

3. I tried out the Ultimate X-Men series since my brother has a ton of comics. Couldn't really get into it. Would've been cool to read about wolverine getting his arm ripped off stoned though..

4. Do it all the time, Got a huge collection of graphic novels. It becomes like a movie whilst stoned, i get really into it hah. Im mainly into the more adult graphic novels, try out the savage sword of conan series if you ever get the chance, all from the 70s, brilliant art.

5. If your into graphic novels you HAVE to check out Neil Gaiman: The Sandman Series.

Precher I heard was good, and The Living Dead, I think that is what it is called.

6. ive been wanting to read the marvel zombies series but cant find them anywhere, know of a website i could read them online?

7. I just read the series "52: DC Universe"... pretty much what went down when Superman, Wonderwoman, and Batman dipped out. Lots of great stories for lesser-known superheroes.

8. Ive heard sandman is one of the greats, aswell as preacher, never bought any of them (yet). Ive never heard of the living dead, ive heard of the walking dead, of which ive got all of the realeased volumes. Arguably the best series ive ever read.

9. I want to read the essential batman comics, but i keep not doing it. stupid economy...and some personal laziness.

10. I can vouch for both Preacher and Sandman, they're awesome. Basically every Vertigo series that goes past 15 issues is worth reading.

11. Vertigo does seem to be a top quality producer of good reads, ive got various graphic novels in my collection from them, One id suggest is the other side, its set in veitnam and switches back and forth between the views of an american soldier and a soldier of the viet cong.

12. i dont read comics, but i do read manga/manwha, cant do it high tho. i start reading then branch off the story