Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Read This: It Might Keep You From Getting Busted

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by CannedSpam, Sep 30, 2002.

1. You've got it all wrong. In todays day and age a cop DOES have people looking over his shoulder. If even a bystander sees and brings it to the press, that's the end of your career.

Law Enforcement Officers are doing their jobs. Politicians are the ones that you should be upset about. THEY are the ones that make the laws. If you vote for politicians who are pro weed, then you won't have anti-weed laws. PLain and simple. And the cops will enforce the law no matter what.

Get these scumbags out of office and put in some real fucking human beings.

2. I will agree with you in regards to your first paragraph; however, after that I simply cannot agree. Politicians do make the laws, yet not a single one of them in his right mind would stand before every single citizen of the United States and declare his stance. Doing so pre-election or in certain states/areas, would be the end of their political career. Voting won't change much of anything because nearly all politicians whether republican or democrat have the same agenda- greed. If that isn't a true statement then I ask anyone to tell me why it is that a candidate for a federal office must run a six figure advertising campaign. That weeds out the riffraff who may support a different agenda for the country rather than one of wealth and self gain. The only way to decriminalize marijuana in the United States is to openly protest the federal law and present an educated alternative once prohibition on marijuana has been repealed.

I will not elaborate too much on what I consider to be an "educated alternative" to current laws regarding the herb in general, but I will say that such a plan could include yearly fees for grower's licenses private, commercial and medical (free). Also, a system to make taxation easier by restricting the sale of marijuana by private growers who purchased a license to grow and penalties, be it fines or revoking the license for those holders who grow more than the specified amount. This is all just a rough idea in my head of how I would present this plan.

As far as police, we need them so that society functions in an orderly fashion. If you break the law you must be prepared to face the penalty, regardless of whether you agree with it or not. Wrongs against citizens have been in the past and will continue to be committed by certain members of the police force; for the most part that is the exception rather than the rule. It would be absurd to generalize the entire police force of America or even L.A.P.D officers for the Rodney King incident, or any other incident. I suppose one bad apple can spoil the bushel in the eye of the public though.

(Alpha, even though I quoted you, my last paragraph does not apply to you as I assume you are a smart person and your comments lead me to believe that you share my opinion in this regard.)