Read stickys still have questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nups001, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Hello everyone and howdy do? Just wondering if anyone can answer a few ?s for me. This is my 1st grow and Ive read the sticky posts and threads but havent been able to get a clear answer. I know that everything that goes into growing depends on optimal conditions and experience growing. With that in mind this is my set up and my questions.

8 Jack Herrer (sp) ready to flower clones. (Seeds from Attitude Seeds)
    1000W ushio bulb with Ac Radiant 8 reflector on 12/12 cycle
    4x4 grow room.
    Maylar on walls
    Block I.R. covering outside walls of grow room
    4 10 gal double bubblers (2 clones each in 6 inch net pots in grodan rockwool and covered in hygromite silica stone, 8 clones total)
    Ducting, duct muffler and can fan w/carbon filter
    P.H. 5.7
    3 part G.H. nutes
    Small box fan for breeze to strengthen stems
    CO2 in 3 part intervals daily
    Im using scrog method

I think thats everything in the grow room. Ive researched for 5 years and invested a lil bit of money into this grow opp. I think ive covered all the bases from lights, nutes, ph, number of clones, size of grow room , and co2. I know that 1st grow will be learning and just trying to get my thumb green so to speak (lol) but w optimal condions, say 3rd or fourth grow I should be fine. So my question is the same that everyone else has.

With optimal conditions, is this set up enough to grow a pound per harvest?

Thanks to all that answer.

2. I hope this is a hydro grow otherwise your PH is low...

Plant yield is really hard to determine... However there are ways to increase your yield potential (LST, topping/fimming etc)

3. Yes this is a Hydro Grow, a Double Bubbler in fact. Two clones in each 10 gal bubbler.

Shouldnt I be able to get 2oz per plant? Ill get at least 1oz per giving a half pound. But a pound is what im looking for.

4. Im a fairly new grower myself so I dont know anything about eyeballing plant yields or much about strains...The best you can do is look at the info the seed company gave you...However the numbers they give you are not absolute (meaning that they are not 100% fact just an avg)

5. do some LST topping, and make a scrog net, a veg for 4-5 weeks, you should make 2 oz each.

Evil :smoke:

7. maybe not on your first grow will you yield a lb, but with that setup, you'll easily get a lb+ once you get it dialed in.

it's all up to you!

good luck, welcome to the party.

cheers