Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Read only if you know what you're talking about.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ARW6, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Okay so this question has gone through my mind many times. Most people think it's safe to say you can't get high from eating your weed. About a year ago, I was at a friends house and we bought an 8th of middies. We realized his dad was sleeping upstairs so we couldn't sneak out to smoke. So I called my cousin (also my dealer) and he recommended we eat the weed, and that it gets you blazed. So we each downed a half, let it sit in played some video games. Then we woke up, about 45 mins later. I don't even remember falling asleep but when we woke up, we realized we were pretty high. Since this, I tell people all the time that it worked for me, and not a single one believes me. I wanted to get some experienced tokers input on this debate. I've heard many reasons why it can't get you high but it was obvious it got me blazed.

2. Well yes its true if you eat bud you can attain a high, a pathetic high for the quantity consumed..... If you would have decarboxlated that bud in the oven, it would have destroyed you (assuming it was good bud) if you ate a "half" (assuming half 8th, if you ate a half oz, you wasted way too much money lol)

3. a half 8th of real good bud may have been enough to give you a buzz...but as sirsog said its just not economical....a huuuuge waste of weed

4. If you ate a half 8th of correctly decarbed bud you would be high all fucking day, so fucking high lol

5. It will work, definatly worth just saving it untill you can smoke it or cook with it though

6. You said you had an 8th so how did u each eat a whole half?

Eating straight up weed is pretty primitive, and the high leaves alot to be desired. It is also a good way to waste some good weed.

It is much more effective to smoke,vape, or eat weed that is correctly cooked.

7. u should only eat weed if the cops are about to bust you and you don't want to tuck the weed in your pants hahaha. otherwise just smoke that shit

8. i think op meant half 8ths lol not oz's

9. I sure hope so^^ haha

10. What I want to know is how did the OP come to the conclusion that weed can't get you blazed when eaten, when there is a whole section in the forums about making edibles? If done right, edibles can get you pretty fucked up.

11. My older brother told me about an author thats favorite way to consume is to eat the bud. Dont know how reputable that is but yeah if you decarbed it would work better

12. You put mids in your mouth man? That shit probably went through a gas tank and 400 different hands.

13. #13 ARW6, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah dude I said we got an 8th so if we each ate half we would each be eating a half 8th lol. And yeah I'm aware of other ways to smoke, my question's focus is on wether or not you can get high by eating it. And no, it wasn't good bud obviously because it's middies.

14. I have trouble seeing how that worked becasue the weed has to attatch to a fat, oil or alcohol. All in all, its just not smart to eat eat weed without decarbing it! If you ate 3.5 grams of dank the proper way you would be done and on the floor passed out :)

15. #15 ARW6, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The reason I was curious is because many people have told me it can't get you high. And I remembered it getting me high.

16. false, you do not need oil/alcohol (fat would fall under oil hehe). Those are methods used to make edibles, or tinctures however, or extractions, but all you require is activation of the THC, which occurs at around 220 F. Ive decarboxylated kief, and placed it in food without any oils/alcohol (im sure the food had oils, but i just threw the kief into the meal) and it got me all sorts of high.... Decarboxylated hash oil, eaten by itself also will get you SUPER high.

17. yes! i meant raw, non decarbed bud!

18. Very intersting. I guess I assume when you decarb anything it's then used with an edible ext. Would never have thought about trying it alone, and since you used Kief I bet your results were much better in comparison to just using bud :)

19. Haha yea, i dunno anyone who would just decarb nuggets and eat them... seems... just so odd to me HAHAHA. and that kief thing was a 1 time, spoonful of kief test, i dont really do edibles but i was younger and i wanted to prove it was heat only that was needed, end of the story, i got way too fucking high assuming it wouldnt work very well, but it did hahahaha.

I make hash oil too, and while its extracted via isopropyl alcohol, there is no alcohol in it when its finished, and ive eaten it like that, not too much happened. But ive also made a batch, and decarbed it, and ate the same quantity, it ruined me inside out

20. Kinda trippy thread title there, OP.