read me

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by zakary, Mar 4, 2009.

1. this might be difficult to understand, any insight is appreciated.

What is "the good" is the question at hand,
    A question that requires a universe to understand

I see a thousand people, each one passing by.
    Each a single entity, to whom I am but a fly...

For every action there is a reaction, a wise man once said;
    But to believe is only to see, at least in our heads.

Then what do we search for, a metaphysical truth?
    Some symbolic meaning to guide us through youth?
    A reason to live, one that only God can see?
    One that defines both you, and me?
    A reality.

If reality is all that is real,
    How do we describe emotions that we feel?
    If a tree is a tree, and a rock is a rock,
    Than are we the mere product of some biological clock?

A clock who's time keeps tick, ticking away,
    Until we reach our judgment day?
    At what point did we lose control and yield to fate?

For every action there is a reaction, and this holds true.
    But fear of change is the unmoved mover's greatest tool.

2. +1 and i HATE poetry. Philosophically, we could shred it apart but IMHO thats beautifully expressive as it addresses subconcious issues

3. haha, thanks. i'm not a poetry fan either, i was just sitting in the middle of campus and it came to me so i wrote it down... im glad you could make sense of it i know its a bit out there haha

4. this poem to me

describes the pure shittiness of reality..

5. cool, but i just dont understand the last line (and to think im a poet myself :eek:)

"unmoved movers".....i interpretted that several ways

6. Its a profound line for one's own creative work, namely A POEM YUCCCK!

Had to solve it as a falsification first

Change is the mover's greatest tool

Sustainability is the unemotional mind's greatest outcome

^^^ My conclusion

therefore, the good is rationality/the directing mind

7. Haha, excuse my elementary metaphorical language and rhyming, I by no means claim to be a poet.

"The unmoved mover is a philosophical concept described by Aristotle as the first cause that set the universe into motion" - definition borrowed from google

In the context of my poem, the "unmoved mover" is the higher source of truth or faith that one always answers to (or at least is prone to do so). At the same time, it acts as a construct for social order in a very, very broad context, whether we be entirely conscious of it or not.

8. Very good interpretation, you just helped me better understand my own poem. Now, to figure out how this applies to life.... lol

9. With collective unity, harmony can be established through the synchronization of synergistic quantum wave collapsion into the 5th dimension; whereupon, we awaken in our dream of consensus reality -- instantiating incitation of the earth to give off a proton and achieve inert sustainability -- thereby, allowing the humanrace to be illuminated by the coagulation of individual sovereignty.

10. Utopia. lol.

Collective unity through individual sovereignty - i like that idea. Sounds almost like the promises given by the US constitution, except those promises were aimed at a specific group of people (american citizens), not to the entire human race. And over time, it is quite apparent that centralized power has overcome individual sovereignty (in the case of America).

If the good is rationality/ a directing mind, what are the limitations to this?

The human race being illuminated by the coagulation of individual sovereignty is an amazing concept. Is the only thing holding such a phenomenon back human rationality itself, or is it illusions that trick our senses into believing in a false reality?

Is the goal of achieving inert sustainability (I'm assuming in a humane sense) here on earth one that requires human intervention, or the exact opposite, lack of human intervention?

Just some more ideas to expand on...

11. The " Collective unity through individual sovereignty" is perfect, sort of a wild west type of shit, but the thing about it now is that money has become the life blood of seocity that the masses have been raised to subscribe and in our current seocity its an inescapable fate. That being so the "rulers" have more and more reason for doing what they please, and makes to seem that their power is permanent, because of the dependency that they have created.

The path to " Collective unity through individual sovereignty " is deeply rooted in shit piled on shit.......

12. This + Marijuana = on way to being fixed

13. Real Text. Thats the sexyness that got me sprung, and is a real good thing to have around because I'd probably just go try to be the guy that suppied scarface instead of trying to adhere to any form of humanity.

Thats why I only buy cheez-its when there on sale.

14. I agree with you, but who are "the rulers"? The president? politicians? corporations? rich people? are you "rich" compared to the average human being?

How would the world be different if every human being smoked weed?

Is it a "path to collective unity through individual sovereignty" in a progressive, optimistic sense? Or rather is such a path man's natural course, which has been roadblocked by social order? The human race does not need to be controlled to achieve utopia, but rather to be freed from such control.

15. #15 Jakigi, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
    True... and to even start shoveling the shit off of our heads we're going to need to be independent, self-sufficient people. Unfortunately, we're headed in the opposite direction. "Specialization" they're calling it... rather, dependent worker ants constructing the thrones for corporate and banking royalty.

Not in our lifetime.

16. I'd say its the will of the people to not be told what to do. People like to be able to do things on their own. Once education is refined and refined again people will have a better grasp of how to actually live in a seocity with out "law", and deemed by respect. At this time we are most certainly at a roadblock/check point in history. And like I said, no one wants to be controlled but at some points it seems necessary for some people because they see all this unsettling behavior throughout the world and they want that for on one, people go along with it, but then once everything seems to be working out it gets tared up and everything slows down, but with people that know whats "good" for humanity they keep it pushing and eventually one big step gets taken when a break through happens.

I'm progressively and aggressively optimistic.:)