Read guides unanswered questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bongasauras Rex, Jul 21, 2011.

1. I have read many grow guides and plan on doing a CFL grow. Im going to begin flowering at about 1foot.

Ive been getting mixed answers on the lighting. Should I keep the lights on 24/7 when i put the germinated seeds in my soil?

Also, when should i start using nutes?

How many watts of 6500k for the veg state per plant and how many watts of 2700k for flowering per plant?

Thanks, im just doing this to keep my stash full so im not going all out, but I hope to have good luck. Thanks, I appreciate all answers.

2. I prefer 18/6. Use less electricity and the plants have time to rest

use nutes at about 3-4 weeks unless you see leaves turning yellow before that.

I use about 500 watts of cfls for six or so plants in a small space, some 6500k for veg, all 2700 for flowering.

Happy growing!

And trust me, my stash is full.

3. So how many watts per plan?

4. 18/6 or 20/4....daytimes for the buds...night time is for the roots;)

100watts actual..the first number..of 6500k lights for the first..50watt each additional plant..get the light close..bulbs mounted sideways to plants give more light than from the end..good luck:smoke:

5. Lol so many answers :rolleyes: Buuut, here is my 2 cents. Cost, if there is none then go 24/7. If it is an issue or maybe your power is monitored it shows up around as much usage as a desktop with CFLs(60W-250W). MJ is a C3 plant, meaning, it photosynthesizes light as long as it is available. Thus, needing no rest. A given dark period will allow the plant to stretch and node length will increase. So no bushes with longer dark periods without training them.

Check out my grow to see a 24/7 schedule. Good luck, hope this helped!

6. at night..plants juices travel down the stem into the root mass...this is why plants droop during dark period...at lights on..juices travel back up to the leafs and kolas...i have run both and find root mass 1/3 smaller on plants vegged 24/7..and yeilds 25% smaller due to more trim..after those two runs..i give em 4 hours kinda thinkin' nature knew what it was doin'...just my duece

[​IMG]

:wave:

7. Thanks guys. Now, in theory i could just switch the lights to my 2700k cfl and 12/12 lightschedule and start flowering, and the plant would stop getting taller?

8. nope..actually most plants at least double in height during flower..i get em where if they triple in size..im ok...veg to 18 inch..in flower allow 54 inch...they really stretch in flower;)

9. Thanks deacon,