READ BEFORE POSTING. Answers to 90% of drug questions here!

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Justweed, Oct 26, 2009.

1. #1 Justweed, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    1. Erowid. USE EROWID. Erowid is your friend for seeking information in this cluttered online world of ours. Can't use Google? Can't use Bing? Can't ask a 5 year old what you should be searching? That's alright, Erowid lists everything in alphabetical order for you! Know the name of what you have or part of the name of what you have? You can find it!! From here you can find basically ANYTHING about ANY drug. General experiences, bad trips, glorious trips, first time trips, combinations with other drugs, ANY THING. Use this before you ask any question. Erowid covers dosage to price for most any drug, as well as positive, neutral, and negative side effects.
    If you're planning to ask "hey, has anyone experienced XXX?" on here, DON'T. Erowid has an entire list of people's stories about XXX, a whole other list about bad experience with XXX, a whole list about good stories about XXX, and basically any other point of view on using XXX. Asking a question like 'what's it like?' or 'what can I expect' is a waste of space on this forum and makes for a LOT of spam. 4-5 people asking what shrooms/acid/benzos/heroin/whatever every day is not good.
    1b. Shroomery. ANY question you have about mushrooms, from how many to eat, how much to eat, how to eat, setting, music, or most importantly shroom IDs are covered here. If you have ANY question about mushrooms, they should be posted here. This website is GOD for mushroom users and questioners. If you need a mushroom identified GO HERE. We do not have very many mycologists on here (though the few we do are pretty informed). The entire Shroomery board is full of them. If you are walking along and pick up some shrooms and think they're active, don't bother asking. They're not. Move along.

2. Google. Use the damn Google. Want to know how to make a recipe for something (and say you can't figure out how to click on recipe/preparation on Erowid) try Googling it. Google can spit out thousands, if not millions of results on how to easily take any drug, how to prepare any drug, and how to store any drug. If you wanted to find out you could easily find out how to make heroin from morphine pills. Google is your friend. ANY questions can be answered by it.

3. The search button. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. Want to know what shrooms is like, but you can't figure out the simplicity of Erowid, you can't figure out what a Google is, and you just want to know what something's like, try using the search feature on the site. It's a little button at the top next to "New Posts" and it says "Search". Type in a few key words and you'll find some results! "Shrooms trip report" will most likely answer any questions regarding what tripping on shrooms is like.

4. If you are going to ask a question, try to do so when appropriate (when you're sober or at least not sky high or nodding/leanin' like a mother) and do so clearly and concisely. Don't post saying "my friend gave me some pills should I do them?". That's a terrible question. There are thousands if not MILLIONS of pills available. Be clear in your questions. Describe the unknown substance you have, the issue you're currently trying to overcome, the situation you're in, anything you are posting should be thought out (or at least spell checked/read over at least once) within reason. No one's asking for a book, but if you're asking questions expecting answers, you gotta give a little to get a little. When you can use pictures. No one cares if they're from a $500 camera or a $20 cell phone camera. Precision of language is key.

I'm tired of coming on here every day to see 5-10 (on weekends) threads asking the same questions. It's unnecessary and it's spam. If you need to know what an experience is like from someone first hand (let's say you dislike that Erowid is a well ordered, maintained and respected website and you want some other form of a trip report (maybe general use, first time, bad trips, and good trips don't do it for you?)) you can use the search button, or just ask whoever you're getting whatever you're wondering about from.

We can't give you dosage advice on this site. It's a legal issue. If someone suggests you shoot a gram of heroin for your first time, and they do it, Grasscity is an accomplice to manslaughter in the eyes of the law. It's illegal, plain and simple. However there are MANY sites (Erowid's the best I've found) that suggest doses for any drug you can imagine. Not only this but most (Erowid does at least!) also tell you what a threshold, light, common, and heavy dose are, as well as telling you what the LD-50 is.

As always guys, no one here is trying to be a dick, and no one is here to judge. However when the boards are being spammed by repeated questions of the same thing, sometimes hours (if that!) apart, it becomes a problem for other users and people who are here to help. No one wants to tell a few different people the same answer a few times a day. If people continue to do that, then the people who are knowledgeable will simply get tired of answering the same questions, and the questions will go unanswered, or will be answered incorrectly, which could be dangerous to everyone.

So guys and gals, take some time, do your body and your mind some good, and use the internet to it's full extent. The internet is your friend.
    Stay safe, and have fun kids :)

2. Thats nice you took the time to do this, but I don't think this is necessary. Yea, maybe there are a good amount of threads about drugs, but personally, IMO I want answers from REAL PEOPLE on here, not saying erowid isn't real, but they don't have all the answers that you want, and I just want answers from blades that have experience themselves, they usually can tell more from experience than other sites can

3. #3 Justweed, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    I'd agree if Erowid was not a user created and user contributed site. All information on it is from real "blades", real people. It has basically EVERYTHING on it. Anything that a regular person here can give you you can find on there. Every aspect of the trip, most combinations you would think to try, answers on history about the drug, how to administer the drug, basically anything you need to know or could want to know. Want to know how much 1 atom of LSD weighs? They know that! Want to know if light really breaks down LSD? They have that! And it explains in depth why! Need dosage for benadryl? They have an extensive library of information on there about it! Dose ranges, LD-50 stated, trip reports, everything.
    And if you had kept reading, Google is also listed. 99% of all information is available on google, whether through search of indexed forums, or through video documents, pdf's, BOOKS, wikipedia, blogs, everything. The only real questions that need to be asked are very specific questions.

4. Would +rep ya again if i could. Good stuff, hopefully people will read this.

5. I agree with you for the most part, but some questions that people want answered may not be there , or maybe its some kind of question with a twist to it that erowid hasn't answered.

6. Plus rep man, I'm kind of getting tired of seeing "how much do i take" and "what does it do, herb derp"

Hopefully people pay attention to this thread ^_^

7. In which case THEN you post on here! If you have the mentality to search for an answer first, find that it's unknown THEN ask, you're doing your job as a smart human. To just come on here and sit with your thumb up your ass (pardon the phrase but it works well here) and wait for someone to spoon feed you answers, then you have a problem and are basically just spamming up the boards.

8. lol@ this thread. i've made a thread like "all your acid and mushrooms questions answered here" and i've seen countless others.

you'd think the kid posting about "how much dxm should i take" and "how does acid make you feel" would get the hint by now.

anyways, plus rep!

9. It's namely because threads get pushed down, and no one on here seems to care about infractions.

10. what really should be done, is a database of all the threads with great drug information should be made. on one thread, and since the mods won't sticky anything in the box we should take it upon ourselves to keep it bumped.

11. Or just keep this thread bumped. Erowid exists for the other bit ;) It'd be pretty hard to compile a comprehensive guide to drugs. The size of it is huge. I'm speaking directly about Erowid because that is what Erowid is :D

12. add on to this bluelight forums, where YOU CAN ask dosing advice.

13. add pill reports too

14. ^this is my concern as well. plus, i like how busy the box is.

15. Same. I originally signed up for this forum purely for my interest in cannabis. Now I find myself posting in the box more often than anywhere, I prefer this section. :)

16. I doubt anyone will read that, but it's good that you made the effort.

Also, if every previous thread contained answers to outstanding questions, and if everyone abided by the "search bar" craze... there would be no new threads, and no more fun!

:( Heck even if it is a repeat of a thread, it gives you something to respond to anyways, right?

Oh, and Erowid for the win. Excellent site.

17. I think JustWeed just felt like ranting today. Have a bad day man ?

18. I use a search engine that gives me points for searching (which I can redeem for Amazon gift cards) and I've made about $50 in g/cs since I started posting here, just by searching on "what pill is this":smoke:

19. I know a lot of drug threads that get shit on here, the op's have looked at those sites and just want a second opinion.

20. I agree with this. Grasscity would be boring as a database.

I do agree that something should be done to cut back on repeat threads. There seems like at least ten threads a day are almost identical, everyday. Maybe there should be a short (but very clear) "required reading" type thing, for the rules. Like when you sign up.

Maybe this is already done? I've been here too long to remember :hello:

I <3 GC.