Reactions

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by tarkfu, Jul 22, 2010.

1. If/when the prop 19 passes, is anybody worried about how the federal government will react? The DEA has already shown many times over that they do not respect the medical marijuana laws by raiding legal grower's homes. What will they do when this passes and every joe schmoe is growing in his basement?

Not to say I'm against prop 19, I am completely for it, but get ready for some more bullshit I think. If the DEA refuses to adhere to laws of the states (as they have been doing), then I think our federal government will have a bit of an uprising on their hands.

2. It'd become more hassle than worth the publicity for I personally believe.

3. I think they would give up. While they still raid dispensaries now, they don't have the man power to actually stop the medical program. If Prop 19 passes, the amount of weed they'll have to deal with will be way over their heads. Considering this with the awful publicity they would get, I doubt they would continue to fight it. The way I think of it, it would be like a little kid at the beach trying to stop the ocean from destroying his sandcastle. It's a futile fight.

4. "They've sent us a message that they can take whatever they want. But we will send them a message that this is our land."

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!"

"The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant. That few stood against many. And, before this battle was even over, that even a God-king can bleed."

"Three weeks from now I will be harvesting my crops. Imagine where you will be, and it will be so..." :smoking:

5. The last I heard was that the DEA did not chase down any grows smaller than 30 plants.
    The smaller grows they bust now are because they went in on a "delivery" or "trafficking" warrent and found the grow as a bonus.

I don't know how they will react when they can just pull up at the end of just about any street and walk down the block pulling weed and killing dogs.

6. #6 floating_by, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
    I hate to say it, but look at it this way:

Recently the Supreme court ruled that Chicago's hand gun ban was unconstitutional and repealed it. Almost the exact same week, Chicago lawmakers pass an ORDINANCE to make it so unbelievably difficult to follow, that handguns are still essentially outlawed. No matter what it is that is voted on, it seems to draw an injunction while they toss it around in court for a seeming eternity. In other words, I think Prop 19 passage will do little to change the landscape in California, let alone the nation. Sad, but that seems to be the way right now. Representative Democracy seems to have been lost.

Here in MN, they are actually proposing an injunction on Hooka bars of all things (legal tobacco.) This seems to be an assault on cash-based businesses, and keep your eyes open for this new assault. Essentially, cash does not allow enough control. Bars are getting dinged. Restaurant workers/tips, you name it, if cash is involved it seems to be under attack.

7. The Supreme court has already ruled the use of dogs on the exterior of a car is justified as there is no reasonable expectation of privacy on the exterior of one's car. (Let alone if the dogs actually smell anything or just bark/indicate to give them an excuse.) Be very afraid if any cases go to the SCOTUS and it is ruled there is no reasonable expectation of privacy on the exterior of one's home on your own property.

Technically, a door-to-door sales person could say they "smell pot" while standing outside your house, call the cops, and they move in with warrant. The only impediment right now is the warrant and judges don't seem to mind one bit signing off now already. I've noticed an uptick of cable company people in the neighborhood making "house calls" to see if people are "happy with their service." It would be more cost effective to just call, of course, and they are able to do so since you are already a customer. (No "no-call list" impediments.)

If the warrant is removed from this process, look out! In they come whenever they damn please. Considering there are laws about IPR/pirating, etc being cooked up, they will have a myriad of reasons to justify their "visits" for our "safety."

Note: I am NOT a grower nor a user of cannabis! Thank you big brother! =0)