Re-vegging

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by SlowcalaToker, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Hi all, I have a quick question. Like all noobs, my first grow has been bagseed from some good black-market bought stuff. I germed several seeds and ended up with 5 good girls. I flowered the two "weaker" ones and have been playing around with the other 3; taking clones, LST'ing, chopping the shit out of them, and generally fucking with them to no end. The two girls I flowered are quickly approaching chop, and have been exibiting TOTALLY different smells, colors, growth, and maturity patterns. The quicker one (#1) is definitely ready to be chopped, she is about 10% amber and 60-70% cloudy. A nug that I steam dryed gave me that wonderful heady feeling without too much couch lock. I'm ready to chop her. The other girl (#2) isn't quite as mature, she is at 50% cloudy with only a few ambers present. I'm going to let her go at least another two weeks and see where she is then. Taking #1 out will free up enough room in the cab for me to start my SoG. I can not tell you how much I LOVE the smell and taste of #2, and I don't want to lose this pheno or characteristics. Well, being the dumb noob that I was (and still am...) I didn't take any clones before flowering her. #1 I am not that concerned about losing, I am pretty sure I know what bagseed she came from, and getting more seed of that type wouldn't be a problem if I wanted them. #2 is so totally different that I have no idea where it came from.

Sooooo all that just to get to the question. I want to reveg this flowering girl to get some clones. How much flowering material do I remove, and how much do I leave? She is scrogged, so I'm going to have to take a bunch just to get the screen off of her, and there aren't any branches that don't have popcorn. Do I cut the main stems under the screen enough to get her out of the screen and leave as many side branches with nodes on them to reveg, giving up the small buds that are on there?

Revegging is something I haven't found too much info on, and need some advice so I can keep the strain going in the face of my idiocy.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

2. Don't worry, re vegging is easy. Just leave a few smaller underdeveloped buds on lower branches. I know you have a screen, but you'll get the hang of it. Keep the plant under 24 hr light for a while, then you can switch to 18/6 if you like. It takes bout two weeks, you will notice the little leaves on the buds will reach out and get bigger, then you'l have funny single fingered leaves and then threes, before you know it your back is business. Just keep an eye on humidity to make ure your cut stem does not mold.
    Peace-------

P.S. Some people recommend chopping off some of the bottom of the roots and transplanting into a bigger container, probably a good idea. You will need to transplant at sometime anyway.

3. Like TirePile said, it's pretty simple. If you need pics, or more help, just click my sig.

Peace - OGH

4. Thanks all, I will performing the surgery new weekend. Trichs are 98% cloudy and 2% amber!