Re-Vegging the OGH way = Foolproof

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by oldgrayhair, Jan 16, 2008.

1. I am gonna have to give this reveg thing a try someday

(between you me and the wall I got a few plants kicking around that LOOK revegged, but aren't)

Anyways, what's the benefit to reveg over cloning?

or is it 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other?

2. Hey IMgreen, how it been?!

Anyhow, like Sergio, my first round was 12/12 from seed. While I was able to get flowering clones to root, not having a veg area set-up hurt my success as the clones could never get kicked back into vegging...so basically would sit stalled....not dying, nor growing, just sitting there under 12/12 all confused:D

So, re-vegging for me was the only way to save the strains I had. Keeps you from having to order in seeds too often. Plus, as you probably know, different phenos of the same strain can produce varying highs. So, this allowed me to "judge" the smoke from the first batch and keep the ones that really sent me soaring.

I also see this as a nice way for someone who only wants to work with minimal plant numbers, and needs a few harvests a year. The size my NL mom took on after re-vegging still has me shocked. First go around she had a couple side branches and 1 center cola. After re-veg, and giving me close to 50 clones, she has 10 strong tops going that will be done the first week of April. Just her by herself will give me more than all six of my plants did the first grow.

I plan on re-vegging her again, hopefully getting another 40-50 clones, then flowering her with what I hope to be 16-20 tops and a 400-600 watt light all to herself.

So yeah, 6 and 1/2 dozen the other, but it's nice to know if I was in a situation where I couldn't have 2 chambers (veg/flower) I could use a month after harvest to re-veg and then keep re-producing off one plant ad nausea.

Peace - OGH

3. it's been goin, I'd bitch, but who would wanna listen???

I could see cloning under 12/12 being pretty hard...

I kill about 60% or more still under 24/7 thouggh the truth of the matter is I have never setup proper cloning conditions, so I am lucky to ever get any!

I got one hempy bucket plant I might try this with. So far she has produced the most sugary bud I have yet to grow AND I don't have any clones of her

good stuff OGH

4. Thanks! I'm gonna give it a whirl at the end of my current grow. :)

5. good stuff man thanks a ton for sharing the info and taking the time to do such a nice write-up

6. excellent info man thanks! Wish i saw this a few weeks ago.. i harvested some great bud and never took a clone :(

peace,
    AW

7. Looks & sounds good to me m8 do you let 1/3 of your females roots dry out before replanting & do i need to put it on 12/12 how far do i leave the rootball from the top of the pot/soil & do i put it in another pot bigger or same size as it came from any info will help cheers M8 Budbhoy

8. No need to dry it at all, just slice with a razor. Mine may look dried as I had it sitting out side after I cut if off for a few days before I thought to take pics :D

I'd upgrade a size or two for sure for the transplant as you are wanting mom to get real happy and have plenty of roots to give you plenty of clones.

But keep the soil level the same...meaning prefill your next planter so that when you place the re-veg plant in, it would appear it's been in that pot the whole time.

Then just plop her under 18/6 or 24/0 lighting and wait...within 2 -4 weeks you should see new growth starting. It will start slow then, explode.

I give it a little root stimulator in the water for that first month, then onto veg nutes.

PEace - OGH

9. nice post. you don't usually see people taking advantage of this method because they chop it all up by the end of it, but still, good info to have jic.
    peace

10. DUDE, Old GRAY, please tell me all about the HASHBERRY, i just ordered 10 HASHBERRY seeds from MANDALA and 10 THE PURE seeds from The FLYIN DUTCHMAN, im very curious to find outr all i can about either strains, but so far after starting a few threads, i have gotten no replies, but i just stumbled upon your thread about the NEPTUNE Organic Fish/seaweed Fert. and BOOM, there it was my beloved HASHBERRY strain being talked about...hahaha...So please man do me a solid and tell me all you know about this beautiful strain...Im hoping my seeds will be in on Monday or Tuesday of this coming week...Well Thanks man, i hope you see this, cause you will make my week if you give me some details...Well later and nice job on the re-vegging, I have done that many times and every time it has worked great, i actually have a female that i buddedlast year outdoors, brought her inside and here we are again a year later, and she is still alive, and i will put her outside in a week or so, to do it all over again, except this time she will have a entire 1 year jump on the rest of the plants, she is going to produce a tonb of Bud..I HOPE...lol....Well , thanks again man, and ya'll stay growing and stay stoned....later...

-Rusty

11. nice post, yeah regeneration rocks, seems it always gets better after each clone session, btw you can do this to a plant for about 3 years till expired, by then the stalk is usually about 4-5 inches round at the base :eek:

12. Hey Rusty,

Actually Hashberry is a dream to grow. Read and listen to what Mike says about nutrients...they don't need much at all.

Unless you are vegging a long time, don't top as they are naturally shorter plants and don't respond well to it if growing 12/12 from seed or hitting flower just after roots with clones.

After you switch to 12/12 wait until you see a few nice little budsites starting, then let it go 9 weeks from there. Chopping this early is a waste, and is why most people say it's not really potent. It is potent, if allowed to fully mature. It will look done 3 weeks before it really is......be patient.

Bout the only tips I have man, best of luck! - OGH

13. OGH,

I did what you said, It took awhile for the plant to recover but it took off and is sprouting away. I have 9 cuttings and could get another 15 right now. Thanks for the tips. See "I'm Back", general indoor.
    Greenfrog

14. Great job greenfrog, glad to here it worked out and your genetics are saved! :D

I'll jump to your thread later man, best of luck - OGH

15. OGH,
    Thanks man on the info on HASHBERRY...im almost done germing them now...all but 2 have cracked and i just sanded down the outer part of the seed with a knife, carefully......but hopefully that will make them crack....im using Blue Mountain Organic ferts, with there plant tonic for the roots, so i was planning on using at half strenght anyways, because the roots will be so effecient..so thanks again man... i cant waittill harvest time, and i will give updates on the grow....they are outside so you know the deal, i have to wait till nature says its time...but there is no light like the sun, so thanks again man, and i will be patient the last couple of weeks, later man...grow big!

-Rusty

16. i am constantly shocked by the amount of knowledge on GC and by the pot plants ability to adapt:eek:
    this shits truly amazing

17. bump

Subscribed

18. Bump.

Got a reveg going right now, 2.5 weeks in...she just now is getting the normal pot leaves to come in...still spits out flowers too, which is kind of funky. Still smells dank though:)

I did not cut any roots, but did wash them between the transplant...the entire plant turned purple two days later! Then, two days later, she starting sprouting like crazy. I was worried for a moment, but am happy with the results so far:hello:

I was wondering if reveggers have a tendency to develop any nute deficiencies due to the sudden turnover of nutritional needs? What changes should be made in the nute schedule, any ideas?
    I ask because I've noticed some older leaves developing black spots/yellowing on my girl.

19. When your reveggin did you mean you actually cut off the tops of the bud down to basically 1/3 the size they were or do you chop of virtually 1/3 of the buds on the whole plant? I have a hard time picturing this without a visual aid!

Thanks again OG you are so very helpful!