RE-Veg?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Four20J4K3, Oct 12, 2013.

1. My friend and I got a box of this seriously nice cheese we dubbed 13/10,  As we went through looking at all the buds he found several seeds.  We didnt want to waste time on them all not knowing the sex.  He put one out in the garden in a pot throughout halfway of august until last week.  It grew slowly outside totally to only about a foot. We didnt feed it anything but fishbone and guts and i think he pissed on it. We pretty much abused the shit outta her for 6 weeks yet she still remained so lush ahd green... Small though.. We named her bonzai cheese.  It started to flower naturally as we had space for her inside.  I repotted her in 25 litre bucket with some homebase mature potting soil.  Idea was, everyone says soil is a nicer taste and since its nearly christmas, Thought about using 1 600 hps on 1 plant in soil.  How do i go about a re veg? It didnt actually bud it was just at the very beginning.  Should i just leave it under the light on veg timer or is there any snips i could make?  Also how long is it until i'll see more rapid growth?  Also, i know its common sense a bigger root base makes a bigger plant.. But does width dicate bushyness and does depth dictate height? I need some sort of justification im niot wasting a room for a theory I had when i was superhigh... 25 litre pot, 1 600 hps and an outdoor abused plant that had began to flower will it flourish or will it struggle to adapt? Or 1 then the other?  :unsure:

2. All you need to do is to leave it on a veg cycle until it returns to its vegetative phase. Anywhere from 24 hours a day to 18/6 will be fine.

When I was a teenager a friend of mine had gotten some Hawaiian buds mailed from his buddy here and there and we found a couple of seeds and planted one. It turned out to be a female but we didn't really have a clue as to what we were doing and didn't know about cloning. This was back in the late 70's. We budded the plant and when it was done we just left a bunch of lower growth on it and put it back on a 24 hour cycle until it grew big enough and then budded it again - and again, and again...

We kept that plant alive for over 5 years and must have budded it ten or more times...

J

• Like Like x 2
  3. jerry, just wondering what was the quality like after the first harvest. It seems like that would put a lot of stress on the plant. DId she keep producing with good quality/yield each harvest?

4. If I remember correctly it was just fine - but this was a long time ago! Lol

Once a plant actually goes back into full fledge vegetative growth it's the same as would be on any other plant - it can just certainly take a long time between cycles.

J

5. Re-veg looks like an alien plant for a while.. I messed this one up because of.. well ignorance.. started it in august.. crappy watering schedule.. drowned in the rain a few times.. no food.. (ugh.. so sad..) so naturally it started to flower at roughly two inches tall.. three leaf sets, barely... and after all that its still trying so hard.. So I got all hopeful and really got into the grow.. built a box.. brought her in.. fixed her light (20-5) and all that good stuff.. put her in a better mix and now this is what we have.. she's been growing in a spiral shape and coming back way stronger than I thought.. her sets just spin out as they're growing.. its so cool.. never been topped but because of the spin she's got three top looking sets of leaves that are all roughly the same size.. Idk if that happens all the time but that's my experience.. its like the little plant that could.. Lol.. and it took about a month to get this far.. after being neglected totally for the first two.. I'm proud of her recovery.

Attached Files:

6. This is what I mean..

Attached Files:

7. ................

Attached Files:

8. ...............

Attached Files:

9. OK I'm on my phone but you get it..

Attached Files:

10. Just wondering, as I have a Northern Lights I would like to re-veg, how much of the plant do I need to leave after harvest to allow it to be able to re-veg?

11. Idk.. but if space permits I'd leave it alone as much as possible.. let it adjust on its own.. if you go chopping at it it might not work like you want.. frfr.. but then again, what do I know? I just really like the leave it the fuck alone method.. it seems to always do well that way.. its a plant.. provide it with necessities and it can take care of the rest.. it knows what its doing..

12. Right on. Give it a couple of gallons of soil, leave some (as much as possible) growth on the plant and keep it under a light anywhere from 18 to 24 hours a day and just leave it alone.

It will take some time for it to adjust but once it does it will grow just fine into a normal plant.

Anyone doing this's best bet is to take a few cuttings and clone your plant once it's back into its veg cycle and growing healthy new growth. I'd personally only re-veg in an emergency these days to keep a strain going if necessary. Cloning is always the first choice.

J

13. Our plant took forever to re-veg.. (might've just been my skill level) you probably could grow a new one by the time its changed back.. trial and error.. I love it

This is exactly what I plan on doing jerry. We only had one seed of this strain and both clones we had are in flower right now, but I just made one of those coffee can cloners so I am hoping I can get her back to a veg state and take some cuttings. Personally, this is the only northern lights strain I have seen that was purple and the bag we got the seed out of was not purple either, must be the organics!

15. "took forever to re-veg"

It had nothing to do with skill - re-vegging DOES take forever, thus the advice to only do this only if you absolutely need to save the strain in an emergency. Trust me - it had nothing to do with you or your skill level.

J