Re-thinking my life.

Discussion in 'General' started by Wet Horse Lips, Jan 15, 2010.

1. If you smoke as much as you said, than you're making a wise decision.

It's all in your head, you can do it.

2. #42 Cat Man Do, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2010
    I just took a two week T-break after over 16 months of smoking nearly every day and had absolutely no symptoms. I really think the key to minimizing withdrawal is changing your environment. Weed isn't physically addicting so all you're fighting is psychological conditioning. Your mind has been trained to expect certain affiliations which is why if you're doing activities you usually did high, or hanging out in the place you always smoke weed your going to feel the lack of weed to a greater extent.

Think about it, how many times have you smoked and then eaten? Almost every time. So the "high = hunger" association is some conditioning your going to have to break through. If you've been smoking just before bed all this time your body has learned the cue - "hey he's smoking weed, time to fire up the pineal gland and get all those sleep signals flowing".

Try getting out of the house and doing activities you don't associate with getting high. You said you wanted to make some changes anyway, so it's a good place to start. Maybe you can get away for a few weeks, or go on a trip? I found that just being in a different house made a world of difference. I didn't even miss weed.

3. Thanks for that article. Good stuff.

The problem is, how is smoking herb going to yield any beneficial skin results? The article alludes to isolating certain cannabinoids, and then making a skin cream, or an oral medication to help with acne problems. There is no mechanism of action, that I can think of, between smoke in the lungs and cannabinoids filtered into the blood that way, and clearing up skin. It's something I'm interested in looking into more, however.

So, I don't think his skin problems are coming from him quitting smoking weed for a bit. I think they're linked with the stress he is getting from the irritability, insomnia, and lack of hunger that is so common when you abruptly stop consuming cannabis, in any form.

I agree with your last statement, as well. Nothing a few benzos, or better yet, some valerian root for the irritability, and valerian root and melatonin at night for the insomnia, can't fix. The lack of hunger is easily overcome. You know you have to eat to live, and not eating causes irritability, so you just need to bite the bullet and eat anyway.

4. im about to do the same right after finals

5. I've made the decision that I will toke next Friday. From there, I will be smoking ONCE a day, and not every day. In fact, I will probably just toke later in the evening or night, since when I am high during the day, I don't accomplish anything really. :p

6. 5 hrs to change your mind already - way to stand strong. :rolleyes:

seriously, control the weed and dont let it control you.

7. Wow that was a quick mood swing....but then again I don't live in Canada cheap, high quality, bountiful weed is always out there for you guys. Still, just take a 2 week break see where you stand, don't make the decision to smoke again right away because then that's all you wait for...

8. Yeah, wow that DOES sound really fucking bad of me.

Fuck it guys, the only reason I was gonna toke on Friday is cause my roomie wanted to, and he rarely tokes, so it's a fun opportunity.

But, I've just been made aware he doesn't want to anymore, so...

I guess I don't have to. So I won't. I want all of the THC out, I think.

Now, would detox drinks help? If they were to flush the THC out quicker, would I feel normal quicker?

9. No the THC is in your body but it isn't affecting your receptors.

10. Alright, thanks man! :p

11. I smoked daily for near to a year, and I stopped completely one day.

I stopped because my smoking buddy stopped due to a girl he met. I also have a job on campus that I cannot risk losing. I had no issue whatsoever stopping.

The only issue that would merit being labeled so was being more bored than before. The previous posters are right about the exercise. I got back into running and lifting. It was like a new me.

I still consider myself a cannabis smoker, however, as I will still toke up over summer and winter breaks.

My point is that if you need to work on yourself because you're attached to smoking, simply occupy yourself in another way. Only you can know what feels right for yourself.

12. Babe you should stick to your original plan....or atleast try it out. When I smoked everyday I meant I smoked only a bowl at night and you remember how miserable I was when I didn't have any weed anymore....just try it out for a bit, your body could use the break :p

13. I've always worked out, even when toking, but I will be doing that more often I think. I do feel good after a workout, that's for sure. :p

Wellllll, how does having a toke on the 28th sound? It's 13 days away. I could go longer I guess; fuck, I might as well go till Reading Week, but that's halfway through February. Oh well. I'll take it a day at a time. :)

14. Que? Is this a Canadian thing?

15. OH, hahaha. Well, it's like a "study break" period for a week here at uni, so no classes. We all get to go home if we want. It's more commonly known as "slack week". :p

16. Oh no wonder Canadians smoke so much.

17. #57 gloppypop, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2010
    Hear, hear.

Weed has been shown to cause minor physical dependence in long-term, heavy users (at least this is what OSG has told me, I haven't actually seen any credible studies that support this). So if you truly are experiencing withdrawals, than it definitely was a good time for you to take a break - cause your habit MUST have been completely out of control to experience withdrawals like you mention.

*Either way good luck with the plan, man. I've stopped a few times after multiple-year habits and never had a problem, so I guess (like many things) it's really based on the individual.

18. I'm definitely a weed noob man so I can't really give you anything useful.

Hope it goes good for you though dude, you've got some good advice in this thread so you should be able to bounce back from it without a lot of trouble. I'll smoke to your break, and return. :smoke:

19. I'm sure this whiskey and apple juice will make a delicious replacement for my lovely ganja.

*goes and pukes in washroom*

20. I see. We get no such thing here in the States. Do you still get a week long spring break as well?