Re-Start Grow #1

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by SuperSaneStrain, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Culling?
    And if I were to top it'd actually be fimming since it's a bud shoot. There's just no middle stems

Re-Start Grow #1

2. Culling/cutting.
    Topping is easy. Literally just cut off the top of the plant.
    Fimming and topping are pretty much the same thing. You take the highest growing shoot and pop off the newest growth. If you leave some of it behind it would be a "fim" if you get it all its a "topping" fimming will give you a few main shoots topping will give you two. Like the pics I posted. You can see where the "top" had been removed and two new shoots replaced it.

3. Debating if I should switch to flower soon since they double in size. The scrog is about 60-70% full. Maybe I should wait until I get more lights so I can expand the footprint, and use more of the scrog
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Re-Start Grow #1

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have a few stretchers that like the scrog, but some are staying quite bushy, so I'm thinking they won't play nice with the scrog much

Re-Start Grow #1

5. Literally the point of a scrog is to train your plants to spread out across it. Your setup is decorational and not functional. Like slapping a nos sticker on a car saying it makes more horsepower after. If you let them grow through it and don't touch them it defeats the purpose of the scrog. You need to train them not just slap a screen over it

6. Hey do look 1000 times better though

7. Yes definitely not just slapping the scrog down. There are short bushy ones that don't have the branches to filter through well enough to take advantage of the scrog.

Re-Start Grow #1

8. I do have the main tops bent over though, and trying to fim the best I can. They just shot up, and I couldn't keep up with them so now they're some thick fuckers

Re-Start Grow #1

9. Yea scrog is basically another form of lst. You bend the branches under the screen as they grow and allow them to spread out across the screen. Also remember when flipping to flower your plants will almost double in size so leave room for that

10. I wasn't trying to be a dick I just thought you threw a screen up and were calling it a scrog lol

11. lol I was so offended! Asshat. Jk thanks for the info. If I didn't know that you would've saved my butt.
    I'm flipping to flower this weekend. I used this nutrient mix, and my plants went boom. I put slf 40, half strength elite nutes, and a packet of Myco in a reservoir and bubbled it for 24 hours. 2 gallons per pot, and they're loving it.. Too much.
    My led lights are supposed to come in tomorrow so I can actually use the extra 2 feet of space in my tent. An extra 900 led watts should pack that extra punch for flower

I would show a pic, but I can't get a good angle that shows that scrog fill in

Re-Start Grow #1

• Like Like x 2
  12. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Undid all the branches, lowered the net a couple inches, and put them all back through. Now it actually looks like a scrog

Re-Start Grow #1

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Just got my 2 viparspectra 450s in today, and they definitely expanded my footprint just the right amount(probably 1.5 plants worth each.)
    Thing is they don't give off blurple spectrum in photos, definitely more white [​IMG][​IMG]
    I will not and cannot compare them to my other LED's since they were a third of the price for just 90 less led watts

Re-Start Grow #1

14. Are you using the whole area of the tent floor space or close to it? I'm asking cause my eyes don't always work so good.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Looking good! I'd switch to flower before things go to crazy! But look at your pics on page one and look at them now haha. They've come a long way with both health and structure. Keep up the good work and don't do anything too crazy lol

16. Or you could shuffle them around and veg a little longer. Looks like you have more room under that screen

17. I have about a good foot of space on the left and 2 feet right in front of the door so I can move around

Re-Start Grow #1

18. Thanks! Haha I'm trying to keep things simple this time around. I don't want them to veg much longer, so I'm actually going to be taking clones from them while they're in flower. If I waited another week things might grow beyond what I can handle

Re-Start Grow #1

19. I really screwed the pooch.. Insteaf of switching to 12/12 I went 24/0 because I forgot to put the new viparspectras on a timer. Hopefully I can switch them to a timer tonight.
    The only timer I have is a 240V digital timer single outlet, so I'm gonna have to plug it into my 120V outlet and figure out how to program a 7 day digital...
    Why can't things be easy?!?

Re-Start Grow #1

20. My little cheap lowes timer has been doing me great this grow... only cost a few bucks it's not digital though.

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/