re doing my room (not weed question but want advice from stoners)

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by lar20, Feb 22, 2009.

1. find a tight looking tapestry, i picked up one for my dorm and it made it perfect. futon, tv, microwave, mini fridge, and the peacock tree of life tap. buddy tripped balls looking at it

2. You can download an emulator to run on your computer. I'm pretty sure there's a way to hook up your xbox controllers to be the controllers on the computer in the games. I'm playing Mario RPG right now (Snes)

3. nah you cant but there are windows xbox 360 controllers that are used for xbox 360 games that were ported to the pc and would be hard to play with keyboard and mouse idk how much they are tho

4. I'm redoing my room with that type of atmosphere in mind too...

I keep black curtains over the windows so its pretty dark most of the time. Tapestries are good smoke catchers if you hang a few in the corners of your room or on the ceiling, not to mention they look really nice. Just blow your hit behind a tapestry and then febreze it when you're all done.

And you can't go wrong with a few blacklights. :D

5. ice cube machine for the bong. That and a shag rug. Really, the perfect stoner room is just the perfect entertainment room.

6. #26 Johnisriot, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2009
    Hahaha, well yes, old school systems are getting pretty expensive. I've had all the old systems but my dad wanted to set up a huge gaming entertainment system of every systems so I gave him those, but anyways when I went and bought doubles, the prices:

Nes: 60, Snes: 50, N64: 50, and that's not counting controllers $10 each, and games anywhere from $10-$70!! But I bought from a flea market as I wanted them then. Lol.

My room setup is a full size fridge, 46" tv, n64, snes, nes, dreamcast, dvd player, 360, sound system, big ass neon green atm sign we stole a while back, thick ass double padded green carpet, and couch. I already have 4 8 or 10 foot green neon tube lights and soon getting green light bulbs that I have to put up. My parents are chill with me smoking so I leave all my shit out, plus I live in the basement with my own bathroom and shit lol.

7. well some trippy psychidelic posters too cuz when ur stoned looking at some of those is just fuckin crazey beanbag chairs are good but bucket chairs are a stoners deal ideal for holding a bong in ur lap but high enough to easily reach to a table, definately somesort of cabinet or any compartment to stash ur weed and ur pieces not only to keep em safe from breaking but in case non 420friendly people come over they wont see em (i use a small nightstand with doors and i put a false back in it and behind that i stash my buds and my pipes, nobody figures that kinda stuff out and its easy to do), a mirror can actually be pretty fun while ur high specially if u got a head high and ur a bit trippy lol, definately some quality shades maybe even a blackout curtain, if at all possible get a surround sound system hooked up for optimal music evenness, some sort of bed/couch something u can lie on top of cuz if u get tired a bucket chair is no place to sleep on definitly a tv with either a game system or dvd player or both u got a 360 u said so thats great the mini fridge was a great idea cuz u always want a drink while tokin up and u always have the munchies when ur finally high a wall hanging incense holder with a good stock of incense sticks they can cover the smell of any weed lol for summer months an ac unit with a good fan to keep ur air circulating its not fun to have a room full of stale smoke just like its no fun to smoke stale smoke lava lamps are good and blacklights with blacklight paint or posters are choice and if those are unavailable to u some funky colored lights will be fine and really cool to light up the place

8. Haha I used to want hawian punch, but I've been drinking a lot of Kool-Aid while high, and it is pretty good.:D

The xbox 360 controllers for pc, I believe they are the same as the regular ones (I think those go for like 19.99 or 29.99 to 39.99 or 49.99).

But honestly, you can find some pretty cheap NES's on eBay. I have seen them go for as low as 25 bucks

Happy Toking.:smoking:

9. Dont forget a really cool lava lamp....mine is purple liquid with yellow lava.....got online and is very cool to watch when stoned .....

10. oh yeah, black lights are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Christmas lights are very cool. I have the blue icicles hanging.

12. #32 JohnsonInhales, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2009
    sounds like my friend's ex boyfriend, what a spoiled guy he was. he was like 24 living in his parents basement with a sick setup and he basically just works at a deli counter in shoprite.

I'd just get yourself a sick setup with a tv, nice sound system, a classic xbox that has been modded to run emulators (my buddy has one, every single sega, nes, snes, etc. game ever on it), a plugin for mp3 players to your sound system, a futon and some beanbag chairs, and some posters from classic movies. I had my whole dorm wall filled last year and people would ALWAYS comment on the posters, it surprised me.

13. YES me too. They look so fucking cool when you're totally ripped at night and you're playing some COD. Also have a super comfortable reclining chair for solo smoking in. Mine's right near my window and i throw my laptop on my lap, plug in my headphones, and rip it toward the window [sploof] and it is the MOST comfortable place ever. WAKE AND BAKE!

14. I've never seen one while high, but I have while drunk and it was fun...STROBE LIGHT. Mite make things kinda crazy when ur high, or it mite be annoying...anyone have an experience with this?

15. I agree, strobe lights are awesome drunk! blacklights are the shit all the time. I took out the flourescent lights in my dorm room last year and put in blacklights, and drew all over the walls in highlighter. that shit was awesome

16. I agree w/ who ever said to get an nes. They are wayy funner to play when high and I have a ps3 and used to have an X360 but would always play the NES haha.

But yea, NES, alot of cool posters, Get a wide variety of posters, Like I want to get everything from Tupac to Pink Floyd to cypress hill and sublime on my wall. Black light posters would be cool.

Its funny b/c I was thinking about this afew weeks ago before I joinged grass city. And like everything you guys mentioned I though about getting b/c I want to re-do my room and make it a sweet toker atmosphere

17. Whoever suggested a mini-fridge, i agree man they're sweet, i got one in my room and its wicked, i got the coke one as a gift.

Plus you can stash a bunch of cans in there, and hide your weed in an empty can at the back, nobody will suspect a thing:D

18. HEy bro, go to a craft store and pick up some chalkboard paint in a spray can. Then, you can paint one of your walls into a chalkboard and decorate it differently every day. That's what I did in my room.

19. Actually, yeah you can. You just have to use a wired 360 controller and download the software patch to run it as an accessory.

20. one of my friends has a house with some of his friends and they have a room dedicated to tokin. the walls are bright green. 2 couches and some chairs. a coffee table in the middle with an ashtray. and a stereo. its called simply, the green room and cigs aren't allowed unless its a ridiculously big party. its fuckin tight.