re-claim or 2nd gen dabs?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by DailyDealer, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Now dont hate, i am just trying to figure out what my friend was talking about and also what to do with all of my reclaim, i got a bubbler and i smoke a lot of dabs, i can get like 3-4 grams of reclaim out of it, but i am trying to find a way to do with without heating it up.

just wondering if there is any other way to get the dabs out and maybe that works better 

2. Dissolve it in rubbing alcohol or grain alcohol then evaporate the solvent off

Sent from my Desire HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I use 91% ISO alcohol to clean all my pieces and save the dirty alcohol till I have a large amount. I then evaporate it all with a heat fan before throwing it in the oven for about an hour at 200 degrees. I scrape the reclaim off the Pyrex and use it for edibles or if a friend wants some cheap oil to line blunts with. But I won't smoke it.

4. I do that^ Except I vac mine ferociously before ingesting it

5. i don't mind smoking it, its free technically so oh well, i just wanna get it the healthiest i can. i am going to try the ISO first hopefully this turns out well

6. I second this. If you have a vac then purge it for hours

7. dont dab ur claim make firecrackers. i mean u can dab it if u dont mind the taste. what i do is use iso. and soak it and shake till its all in the iso and not in the rig. then i pour it into a bowl nd let it evaperate. then scrape it and purge it so all the iso is out. and then it turns into a inconsitent shatter consistency. i normally save it for homies when they come over nd just dab em out with it

8. even if u dont have a vac use a pan to purge it or a oven

9. oh yeah, heat up your alcohol for like 15-20 seconds in the microwave before cleaning your rigs, makes it sooooo much easier

10. well im gonna pick up some iso today, i just hope i dont leave it too long or something and mess it up

11. you cant mess up reclaim..

12. I'm still using hot water and getting the piece maybe....95% clean...which I'm going to immediately dirty anyway....seems that reclaim is simply recondensed "orginal" product as we are "vaporizing" it....I'm not adding alcohol....why not re-dab it? or mix with flowers for some gnarly bowls.

I'm still trying to figure this out, everyone uses alcohol.....I dun wannna....pure reclaim...what I miss?

13. what exactly would make it 'pure'?

theres definitely water-borne mildew or something of that nature in it. It definitely isnt just oil re condensed, theres some nasties that build up due to it being in water for so long, like when the water gets cloudy. If it was a dry piece then sure but there will be some water soluble stuff in there too.

ultimately you would filter your solution through a 0.1micron syringe filter to get rid of any fungis and weird shit like that but no one wants to take the time to do all that for reclaim :p

I like to use alcohol because I save it all up until I have a decent amount and then purge the shit out of it, water doesnt do a good enough job

14. dam. never thought of that, thatll prolly make it 10x easier. i normally just let it sit in my peice for as few hours

15. Tyvm hoss, I'm still trying to beat some dead horses on this shit, its a brave new world out there!  Euros are still smoking black hash with tobacco, poor bastards :(

fwiw my water is pretty clear at all times, it tastes so good when I pull on it with no heat/product lol.  You are talking sense though, mildew is some godamn bullshit!

16. do any of you know what the lowest % of rubbing alchoal you can use? i got 70% and i dont think it will work

17. if you heat it up like i mentioned it should still work but i usually just use 91% and its fine