Re: China Earthquake caused by HAARP weapon

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by g0pher, May 25, 2008.

1. what kind of proof are you looking for from a youtube clip? can you prove that its not possible to send energy into the ground and cause an earthquake? because id say that sounds a quite possible. and just knowing that the military has something which can possibly do this, if there is a political crisis how convenient for them to have this possibility.
    possible.

the 900 school kids who passed out during the earthquake are a strange incident too.
    do people usually just pass out?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sw-EwHcw0ZQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sw-EwHcw0ZQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

EDIT:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_LaRouche

this guy would have my vote if he was in...and if i could vote. (im not an american citizen)

2. If the military had such a power why in the hell would they be in Iraq? Why would the US risk any soldiers lives, or equipment? They did not hide the stealth bomber once they used it. Hell, being able to cause an Earthquake at will would be a better weapon than any nuke. They would not have to be in Iraq, they could simply cause an Earthquake every time someone "crossed the line". Sorry, but the idea that the US can control the weather is silly, especially considering the bad weather you guys have been getting. And no, it does not make sense for your government to hammer you guys with bad weather, because it really hurts the people economically, which in turn, hurts the Government.

3. its not silly, its why it was made. the patent clearly states that it could be used for weather alterations, raising the atmosphere and deflecting missiles, and can be use to find oil.

another big thing is that the govt hasnt showed any concern for its people, i dont find it surprising that the government would risk its soliers. theres plenty more 18 year olds in the army waiting to die, and plus, they wanna reduce the population anyway.

4. If they were trying to SECRETLY control the weather, don't you think they would leave that little tidbit off the patent application?

5. I'll have to argue with this because the Stealth fighter was finished in the mid to late 70s and wasn't declassified until the late 80s.

6. i didnt say control, only you and liquid did traydub. it was to modify weather.
    and when sent into the ground the energy can cause earthquakes.

7. Still, the point is, if they wanted to keep it secret, they'd have to be grade-A retarded to put it on the patent.

8. Greetings HighGrowMan,

Let me make several points;

They've been treating these disasters in the same manner that first-world governments have been ignoring natural disasters, genocide and civil conflict when they do not posses a financial or social interest.

This is how they've operated for centuries. Nothing new. Change must be made by the people, they must initiate these sort of socio-humanistic objectives.

This is a total non-sequitur when related to your premise. You simply propose it without evidence.

Yes... I do. I don't see how you can begin to forecast a Third World War. NATO is fighting a legitimate network of religious fundamentalist and capitalist warlords in these regions for the last several years. These so-called insurgents have no regard for civilian lives, no regard for civilian infrastructure and fervorantly resist democratic methods for the sake of black market profit and control.

If there is a need for peacekeeping and civilian protection, this is one of the best places for it currently.

This is not a question about the illegitimacy about the initial invasion, but rather a commentary on how to deal with the present.

Yes, and that is quite a worthy goal. Canada is a major exporter of fuel-grade uranium and plutonium and also produces and refines a huge amount of oil and natural lumber. Our economy is strong and becoming dominant in the confines of NAFTA.

Not to mention how the Liberal government destroyed the capabilities of the Canadian Armed Forces and because of such, our sovereignty is under threat in the northern territories.

We had a significant budget surplus last fiscal year and using this money productively is a very wise thing for Harper to do. Support the neglected federal system, in a time of need and natural growth.

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade

P.S. -- General commentary: I have seen no evidence for this "Earthquake Machine", just a bunch of opinion and speculation.

9. why? they didnt intend for it to be used for these purposes, they just knew it and didnt tell anyone. plus everyone trusts their government so much, instead of eachother which gives them need of government for protection against eachother, thus creating room for the government to break that trust. even if it means we dont know, or look hard enough because your average american listens to mainstream media, and doesnt even bother questioning it and finding out for themeselves.

now when someone says to know somethings up and what it is, people dont believe him, because its much easier to believe what youre told, and the people have been told many times conspiracy theories are fools, and conspiracy theorists are for lack of a better word, dumb. this my friend is propaganda, dont think it doesnt exist anymore.

excuse the very high rant, i hope it made sense :bongin:

EDIT: it wasnt secret! never was never will be, it was low profile but certainly not secret, the only thing that was secret was what else it could do (cause havoc), and this was only secret to the public not to the people who made it.

i hope your not so caught up in not believing all this that you didnt even believe HAARP existed, idk, thats the the vibe im getting.

10. Greetings pavlakos,

It has nothing to do with anything being "much easier to believe what youre told". It has to do with evidence. It has to do with logical consistency. This is not a meritocracy. Not all ideas and opinions are equal.

In face, taking an empiricists' approach to these claims is a great deal more difficult that jumping onto the bandwagon of a conspiracy theory that neatly matches your own degree of personal bias.

Invoking this kind of ad hoc infalsifiability is truly absurd and reeks of credulity. Instead, I choose to be methodical and systematic in my appraisal of all claims.

http://www.criticalthinking.org/starting/college_student.cfm

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade

11. One thing that caught me off my usual skeptical gaurd while watching this was the mention of the bright "cloud" things with light floating around the impacted area shortly before the earthquake was caused.

I viewed videos of this phenomenon about a week ago before watching this video and i was always curious as to what it was. Now, that a plausible answer is put before me, im more inclined to look at this video a bit more seriously.

12. Greetings again all,

For this next trick, I shall give you a systematic analysis of why just this proposal in unreasonable.

First of all, let us considering that the 2008 Sichuan earthquake was a big one at 8.0 on the Richter Magnitude scale.

Let's apply that number to something a little more tangible. 8.0 on the Richter scale is equivalent to 1,000,000,000 tonnes of TNT. That is 907,184,740,000 kilograms of Trinitrotoluene - that's nine hundred and seven billion... not million.

That is just the energy which is required to hit the crust at the epicenter - not the inital energy values required by the primary-waves transmitting through the earth's mantle and outer core. Which continent's power infrastructure footed that bill?

Now, we can investigate the location of the Sichuan earthquake's epicenter. And after a brief look at the following map, we can surmise that it's exactly where we would expect an earthquake.

[​IMG]

In conclusion, there is no reason to conclude that there is some nefarious hand in the event. A very basic understanding of geology and logical consistency can help one see this.

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade

13. so what youre saying is they were smart enough to target an area where it would look like a natural occurence?

im not saying its not possible for it to have been natural, i just have reason to believe otherwise.

14. Greetings again pavlakos,

I am saying that it when taking these various factors into account, it becomes much less likely that it was some kind of pre-meditate malicious act and more likely just another unfortunate natural event.

Discerning reality from fiction is all about what is more likely.

What reason do you have to believe otherwise? I'm genuinely curious, all I've seen so far is a bunch of rhetoric and conjecture. Evidence would be greeted warmly.

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade

15. I guess mankind just isn't that great.

16. Pavlakos' argument most likely arises from an observation of a series of patterns, with the probabilities of each event being true governed more by the weighted probability of an entire scenario playing out, rather than the individual circumstances themselves. While the data in each of these circumstances is not to be ignored, this discussion is probably centered around several events preceding, surrounding, and to follow this event. You'll probably get closer to a resolution by at least mentioning some of these. I would say that his 'conjecture' is not entirely unwarranted, just largely out of context.

I've seen a lot of evidence myself, but only enough to speculate, which I know the empiricists don't appreciate. Plus, the context is almost too much to get through without several bloodbaths ensuing.

17. What a load of total BS. But the conspiracy theorists will LOVE it.

18. I believe it is very possible that HAARP indeed caused the earthquake. My government has given me reason to.

And Sam_Spade, what do you make of the rainbow colored clouds hovering a bit off and above the epicenter of the Sichuan earthquake?

To my knowledge, such a phenomenon has never heralded the coming of an earthquake before.

19. Greetings Shauneh,

Whilst this idea lacks even an essential proposal on how something like this could function, much less evidence of actus reus AND mens reus; this can be called nothing but baseless speculation.

Well first off, I haven't been able to even substantiate this as anything more the fluff journalism, I can't even find a reliable English source, nothing from the AP.

What do I make of it? The same thing I make of all refraction of visible light. Pretty rainbow!

Kind of like the rainbows in these photos, one taken over Texas, another taken over Yosemite National Park in California.

http://www.goycodesign.com/images/wallpapers/rainbow1024x768.jpg
    http://yosemite.org/diary/RainbowSky.jpg

[​IMG]

What phenomenon? An earthquake occurring during a morning with sun and clouds and light showers? How is it at all surprising to see this?

Furthermore, how is this evidence of some kind of futuristic weather-controlling device being used as a malicious tool of international sabotage?

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade

20. http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-05/20/content_8213619.htm

"The newspaper said that the province's Formosa-3 satellite recorded ionospheric density in the atmosphere of 1.2 million electrically charged particles in some 1,000 square kilometers around Wenchuan six to 15 days before the May 12 earthquake. On May 11, the eve of the quake, ionospheric density had dropped by half to 600,000 charged particles, it said."

Personally, I don't think HAARP is connected to the earthquake, though it is possible.

http://abundanthope.net/pages/article_1622.shtml

"But one puzzle is that the colours in the Chinese clouds were upside down from a normal circumzenithal halo – red pointing towards the horizon and blue towards the Sun, instead of the other way round."