RDWC White Widow - Without Airstones!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Beachbound, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Yep, RO all the way.. I purchased one of the 50gpd units. I didn't realize the amount of water they waste, just to give you RO water.

2. I pulled 2 gallons of Nute water and replaced with plain water..

My PPMs are now down to an even 500 or 1.0ec. I think I will ride it here for a couple of days and keep an eye on everything.

Also added a little PH Down to get below 6.0.

3. It actually took me 3 gallons of water replacement in order to settle at the 1.0ec mark, and today they look just a little happier. More Top growth coming in on the nodes, doubled in size from yesterday. All the girls have doubled in size in their first week of Transplant.

PH - 5.86
    PPM - 500 (.5 conv)
    Temp - 75
    Water - 67
    Humidity - 53%

I went ahead and trimmed off the lower, deader leaves, cause it just looked done with em.

4. sounds like they are taking off, post some pics

5. Today's report::

Everyone looks perky this morning.

PH - 6.0
    PPM - 505
    Temp - 75
    Water - 68
    Humidity - 42%

Lots of change daily up top, and roots are still meandering their way into the water (apparently no rush as far as they are concerned)

I will post some pics in another day or so, So you can really see them doing their thing.

6. Well this morning one of the other girls decided to start showing a couple tip burns. As a NOTE - The two that have shown tip burn are the two with the biggest root system so far. The other two are not showing any signs of tip burn at this point. All new growth looks nice a green.

None the less, I replaced a gallon of Nute water with Plain, and will take a reading in a couple of hours, and decide where to go from there.

PH - 5.9
    PPM - 508
    Temp - 75
    Water - 66
    Humidity - 42%

I went ahead and took a couple of pics this morning.

Attached Files:

7. Not much to report today..

PH - 5.9
    PPM - 445
    Temp - 75
    Water - 66
    Humidity - 41%

Needed to add 1/2 Gallon of water for Top Off.
    At this point, I am just keeping an eye on them, looking for the PPM Sweet spot. May try to get the PPMs down a little lower, but not sure just yet.

8. More growth everyday. They are 6.5" - 7" tall and seem to be growing at about 1/2" per day at this point.

I will change water and maybe TOP them this weekend.

PH - 5.96
    PPM - 420
    Temp - 75
    Water - 77
    Humidity - 42%

I was finally able to get the parts I needed for the Top Off Res, so that got hooked up yesterday to the Controller Float Valve (YAY!!)

9. Well today I checked on roots and lifted a couple of the girls tops, to find some brown nutrient slime on the roots, and what I can only describe as Dried Nutrient skin floating around in the buckets. Not exactly sure if its Algae or just nutrient funk?? Maybe someone can chime in with some suggestions?? I attached some pics..

Other than that, it looks like we are done with Nute burn and all new growth is nice, green and healthy.

PH - 5.87
    PPM - 400
    Temp - 75
    Water - 67
    Humidity - 50%

Attached Files:

10. i wish i could chime in on that...i use a different nute line up and my nutes are normally like a pinkish/almost light purple color when i mix them....once they start to deplete...the color doesnt quite look like that...looks more or less like off colored water...

id keep an eye on things...maybe someone else can let you know if this is normal with your nute line up...i do know some lines do stain roots a bit

11. Thank you for the input on this one.. I used the AN nutes on my last grow and didnt have this problem, but I did get the Brown Root Stain last time around, and this time, the bucket system is a little different..

I just spent some time removing each girl,, At the bottom of the Buckets were brown chunks, that I thought were some Hydroton that slipped through the net pot, but I swirled everything around with an aquarium fish net, and it all fell apart and started swishing through the water, so I scooped as much out as I could until the water was free of any debris.

I did this for each bucket and wiped off as much as I could from the roots. I then went over each bucket and sealed anything that I thought could potentially be a light leak.

I also added some Sensizym to the system to help clean things up a little.

Otherwise, everyone looks good up top, and my roots are Solid, Bright White.

12. My GH flora nova series stains the shit out my roots but the love the stuff I am now day 22 of flower

13. The girls look good today, the new leaves look bright green and healthy, and the internodal growth is looking strong and starting to fill in. One in the back has been taking his time, but I see him starting to kick into gear now.

I should be able to Top them tomorrow, and I will do a water change.

PH - 6.0
    PPM - 400
    Temp - 75
    Water - 67
    Humidity - 42%

8" to 8.5" Tall

Pics attached.

Attached Files:

14. Girls look good today,, More nodal growth..

I pulled 20 Gallons of water and replaced with plain RO Water, then let it run for an hour or so.

I mixed up a Gallon of 1/4 Strength M,G,B, CalMag, B52 and Sensizym,, added 1/2 of it to the system and will check PH and PPM in about an hour, then continue to add more of my nute mix if needed.

I also TOPPED all 4 of the girls today and trimmed some of those bottom leaves that just turn into SUCKERS, so that is out of the way.

15. Yesterday during the water change, I noticed a hint of Rust Spots on a couple of leaves, and today, its showing a little more (pics attached). Seems like CalMag Deficiency. Not sure if my 2 weeks of nutes were just depleted or I dont have enough in the mix.

This morning I have about 25ppm to play with, so I added another 20ml of CalMag to the system, along with 2ml of PH Down.

Numbers this morning::
    PH - 6.0
    PPM - 375
    Temp - 75
    Water - 68
    Humidity - 50%

Attached Files:

16. Looks like the additional CalMag has caught the Magnesium Deficiency as I see NO new damage this morning. Yesterdays leaf damage is a little worse, and I can see cutting off a few beat up leaves over the next couple of days.

This morning::
    PH - 5.96
    PPM - 400
    Temp - 75
    Water - 67
    Humidity - 45%

Added 2ml PH Down................

17. Still showing signs of CalMag Deficiency so I am increasing the Nutes along with the CalMag up to 500ppm. I also cut off some Major Crusty Leaves.

PH - 5.95
    PPM - 415
    Temp - 75
    Water - 68
    Humidity - 45%

18. Cant tell if I am getting a handle on my deficiency or not.. I bumped the PPMs up to 500 yesterday and am increasing to about 600 today. I finish up 3 weeks tomorrow and go into my fourth week of veg. Plants are 10.5" tall, so I have about 5" to go before switching to flower.

PH - 5.90
    PPM - 510
    Temp - 75
    Water - 68
    Humidity 60%

I will adjust PH after I have reached my target PPMs for today.