RDWC undercurrent

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by bobb11, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Hi all
    This is the first grow with this system
    I have 4ft X 4ft X 7 tent
    600 cool tube
    And a diy RDWC I have 20mm pipe going in to the three 20lt buckets and a small pump that pumps 480lt/h with 15 mm pvc going into and back to the res 120lt
    I am using DM gold one range the plants are a week old I am running 220ppm and a ph of 6.5
    Is this ok to start them with
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG].
    I hope it's understandable as schooling not the strong point

2. Drop ph to 5.2 to 6.0 Ec 0.5 not sure ehat ppm that is just my way that Works for me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Afgani do you have trouble keeping the Ph down as I have to use some hydrochloric acid each day to keep it down

4. If you're up for experimenting, try a 2 tote version of my DIY Mini Me F & D system. I think you will find it much simpler to make and easier to work with. Plus, it is easily expandable

Attached Files:

5. #5 Peflora, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
    delete double post

6. Cool set up looks easy to use

7. Lower Ph. Let it float between 5.5-6.5 in hydroponic system.

️

8. 5.2 is too acidic, too low!

9. Cool thanks Yeaman with that I don't have to worry as long as it stays in that range

10. the best nutes for dwc, rdwc seem to be the ph stabilized or ph perfect nutes. A ton of brands have their own versions, some better then others or just easier then others. Easy doesn't always mean effective though. I have played with cyco and current cultures line this year. Both great but different. More ph flux with cyco but not a bad thing. The data from tracking nures daily corresponds well to growth when analysis is proper.

The ph on the current culture does not flux much over time, making it hard to know what the plant is doing with the food and water at the same time. Making it easy and hard to analyze. Well harder.