RDWC system

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Deano0991, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Hello fellas. Ive recently finished my 1st grow in coco and I did very well for my 1st. from what I hear DWC systems are pretty good.
    Has anyone here used them before and maybe give me some advice. I've looked into them for a few weeks now but personally I'd rather hear from someone who's actually used them.
    Going to be running a 6 pot system under 2 600w HPS lights.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Feel for you bro. I've posted similar on UK growers forum. Also not had much reply. I'm same as you. 3rd coco run during to finish in new year. 2 options I found were IWS or Alien RDWC. Definitely go for with a recirculation system. Both seem very similar to me. WATCHED multi.ple youtube video. I'm thinking of 8 POTS but definitely using 6 but for extra cost good to have 2 spare to increase in required.

You UK grower?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the reply mate. I've brought the Iws recerculation system. 4 pot though but I might go get another pot or 2. I had 11 before growing in coco and it was a pain which is why I wanted 1 of these.
    I'm the same watched a fair few YouTube vids. I've got 5 blue cheese in germ so after Xmas they will be going in the system.
    I hear the yields if you get it right can be huge. Think I'll get 2 more pots to be on the safe side haha

4. Similar to you I've got 2nd and 3dr grow underway finishing in new year both in coco. 2 independent tents both 2m x2m x2m. One buy one will swap to RDWC.
    My first grow was a beast and a nightmare as totally overfilled tent with 21 plants. Couldnt get in there nevermind try and maintenance and watering. Good net weight though.

Dropped numbers to 12 this time and still too many to be able to space them out and get Round each one. That's my aim next is be able to Turn plants and get good light all around plant other just the tops.
    4 probably a good number to start as I say I'm going 6 or 8. See when it's all set out.

Wish I could give you some advice on your actual system, have you set up at all yet?
    Have to keep us updated on progress. Where'd you get your system and how much?

5. For what I've been reading as long as everything is in check I should be ok.
    I brought it from grow well I've always been to them there pretty good. Paid I think £200 for a 4 pot system

6. Seems good 200 quid. I've been on their site but never used. Always use ebay or my local store for smaller bit. Recent experience with a certain light manufacturer for broken parts has highlighted the benefit of going uk direct and not via eBay. Local store want like 100 quid extra for a 6 pots kit 150 for 8 bit any problems at least it easier to rectify any issues. I'll check out growell again.
    I think main thing to invest well in is a good monitoring kit for ph and ec.

7. Yeah I've just brought a tuntrun for the EC already have a ph.
    Me personally I never buy offline for that reason if it breaks or just not working its hassle getting it sent back etc.
    I either use my local place or grow well.
    Grow well do decent discount aswell if you go in and spend a few quid

8. Yes their stores are a bit far but have a good website. I'm more in south East london/ Kent borders. I have blue labs truncheon and just bought a cheap ph pen as my expensive essentials pen not working too well. Actually cheap one is brilliant.
    I'll be checking out the growell site in depth today.

9. That's the 1 I've just brought. I'm lucky as I'm only 20 minutes from a grow well store. There's allot of different systems there

10. Just checked out their kit. You still need to add some bits to make it a full kit ie flexi tank, air stones and pump. Did you add these bit on, how much you think your system cost? Cheers

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

11. Extras you need air stones and a air pump you will also need a water butt that's all I brought extra al the piping comes with it. That's why I said its best to go in and speak to them as you will get a deal.
    Air stones I think are a couple of quid each air stone pump was £55 you can buy cheaper 1s but personally I'd rather a decent 1. Then you need at least a 100L water butt you can buy them from the likes of B&Q for about £20-£25.
    Then all you need is the clay balls and all that jazz

12. Yes I'd like to go in but bit too far. No problem ordering over phone. I've emailed them requesting a fully inclusive price. Ive included the Alien set.up details which is inclusive so be interested to compare. What's the clay balls for?

My last water butt is from wicked 100L for 25 quid. Put a proper tap on the bottom and connected pump and hose on to water my plants. You think 100L butt is big enough. I get through mine watering 2 tents so 25 plants. Using it to recirculate should be OK though.

You set up yet?

13. It should be enough for 6 yes no problem. Clay balls are what you fill your pots up with in the system so instead of using coco or soil. Your seed sits in rock wool then clay pebbles around it.
    I'm just sorting my seeds then I'll put them into veg then I'll transfer them to the RDWC system

14. Deano Got it.
    Would you germinate as usual in paper towels, once popped put into 2inch rockwall cube in propergator. Once roots are sprouting put into pot net and fill around with clay balls. Then let it rip.
    This would be my first DWC and bit confused how different people start it off.
    Cheers for advice.

15. That's how I'm doing it mate. I have a separate tent so I'm going to veg them in there till there a few inches. I vegged them for like 6 weeks last grow, not doing that again they grew too tall.
    Have you brought the system then?
    I'm gonna set mine up soon get it running before the plants go in

16. Just had email from growell. Looking at 400quid for complete 8 pot set up with all pumps, air stones etc. With flexi tank. Not sure if solid 100L tank is better or not. Just got to add on the clay pebbles. Not too bad on comparison to the Alien at 499.
    Does it come with all connections for pipework and tubing?

17. Not bad that. Don't think it will make much different really.
    Yeah comes with all pipes etc

18. Think the IWS system square pots look better quality but otherwise not a lot in it. Can probably save a few quid here and there. I know I only paid 25quid for my water butt, probably nick a few more with air pumps but think I'd stick to their kit so any issues can be easily resolved. Exciting times and be good to see how yours sets up.

19. I'm going to be keeping both water tubs outside the grow room saves me more space that way. But will see as it sounds right in my head but put it to action and it's all wrong ha.
    Just need to get a water heater and that's me set to go then. Although I should stop smoking this G13 haze I finished couple weeks ago. My head is a massive mash up haha

20. [​IMG]
    This is my last grow. Real stinky when I was cutting them down