RC Cars, Trucks, Buggies, Boats, Tanks, Planes, and everything else RC

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Proline trenchers

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. [​IMG]

Axial accidental leak. U4 style truck. Apparently it will be blue and not purple.

3. seeing that Axial ad reminds me that Axial makes perhaps the coolest body for an RC truck... the mighty Jeep Gladiator! though they call it the Nukizer 715.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. I'm not a jeep guy. That pic I posted is a bomber chassis. You like nukizer?

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538039

5. Ive always known them as Gladiators. First time i saw one was in Tremors starring Kevin Bacon. I almost want to buy a short course truck just to put the body on it.

6. i feel like axial only makes crawlers. their scale realism is great, but are they quick? like rustler quick? i like the way the rustler moves on dirt at speed.

7. Yeti would be comparable in speed to a rustler. It's solid axle rear, so there are limitations. The tires are also quite a bit larger, making ng it more ideal for rough terrain. The new rr10 bomber will be a beast on sensored brushless.
    Otherwise, ya scx10 and the wraith, to a certain degree, are slow and scale. I've seen some ridiculous wraiths also. Stock they have a 20t brushes motor. So. Ya.

8. [​IMG][​IMG]

Here's my yeti. 2 speed. Mmp. Pro4 HD. Currie. VP. You get the point.

I think I'm going to get a freqeskinz.

9. been spending more time on the pavement than the dirt. im gonna need some new rear tires in about a week, the front ribbed tires have almost too much bite for the street. on pavement, a stock rustler will do hard standing wheelies for the first half of a battery... and the guys at the hobby shop were trying to talk me into a brushless setup... i will need a wheelie bar if i keep playing on concrete though.

10. Get a castle sv3. 4600kv. I believe they are still on sale. Brushless is a whole new beast compared to brushed. With castle, you can use the programmer and use punch control, among other things. On road, you should lower your ride height, add a bit extra preload.

11. Castle says 93$ for the combo. It's that price in Canada on Amazon, so you should be able to get a deal. The sale ends the 22

12. #113 El Duderino, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
    see? there you go with the brushless this, programmers that, among other things... joking! the guy at the shop mentioned a Tazer motor and esc combo. it was about $130 walkout. there are still other thing i would have to purchase to get ready for a bl setup. i put preload rings on a couple days after i got it. i just wanted to tighten things up.

your new avatar is hysterical!

13. Is it ace solo, or han Ventura?

Most good shops will help you out with programming the first time. I use castle link in my crawlers and bashers. So it made sense to spend 25$ on the programmer.

14. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Almost done the electronics. Conformal coated the mmp and tekin motor. Need to setup endpoints on the 2 speed. Have a freqeskinz for it. Got some new vp omfs with ottsix u4 tires and ci foams.

15. looks like i wouldnt take that to crawl outside... i would crawl a pile of my kids toys, or a mountain of legos, maybe piled up stuffed toys. i wouldnt want to get it dirty.

16. I've already scoped out a construction site for maiden run. I don't do shelf queens. My whole theory in rc, is that if you ain't breakin stuff, you ain't havin fun

17. [​IMG][​IMG]

Freqed

18. [​IMG]
    Stretched out some 1.9 proline tsl's on crawler innovations 2.2 delrin wheels. Using mad beast 2 stage foams.

19. I had a Losi XXX-nt that was pretty fun. I left it with a friend years ago but might buy something else like it.

[​IMG][​IMG]