RC Cars, Trucks, Buggies, Boats, Tanks, Planes, and everything else RC

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Ive got one of those little cheapo heli's...

[​IMG]

IMPOSSIBLE to fly in like the SLIGHTEST breeze. Like you breath on it and its going in the wrong direction....
    With a Heli you gotta go LARGE and IN CHARGE:

2. The nitro chopper I had was a trex 450 I believe. It was quite large. Had several gyros. It was still a pain in the dick to fly. Quads are a million times better.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

3. Seems like it. I mean, I've never tried one, and I got pretty good with that little mini that I could fly all over the room for a full battery.. Land it pretty much where I want.. But its still a PITA :laughing:
    The biggest problem with those is the tail rotor is horizontal because they cant make the blades change pitch, which is what makes it such a PITA to fly lol

4. Check out banggood and gearbest for quads. You can get an fpv under 100$. You can get basic mini/micros for like 20-60$, some have headless mode and 'return to home'. Not the same as dji though.

5. One of my dads good friends is into rc cars and stuff, mostly nitromethane. H grew up in the netherlands and said he would never have a rc heli because when he was a kid he was in the park and watched someone mess up and kill themselves when the blades hit them, not sure if it was head or throat but still some graphic shit

6. And that's totally possible with high powered, large scale quads. The props are heavy duty, and they spin with a lot of power.
    Even with ridiculous high powered brushless trucks, you hit someone or something with a 10 pound chunk of metal and plastic flying at 40+ mph. Stuff breaks. There's a responsibility for the owner/operator.

7. The one thing that is nice about Traxxas is you can beat the shit out of most of there stuff and it keeps running and parts are pretty cheap for the most part. I used to race and I might get back into it. I would not jump my high dollar SC10 4x4 at the skate park like I do my slash.

I am think of getting this one when it comes out and it is a supposedly a new from ground up design.

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/X-Maxx/

This is one of my babies and I am not sure if I posted this picture of it yet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446429571.480235.jpg

This is my HPI Baja SS 5th scale and I have put way to much money into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. This just happened in like the last year or two. I have a buddy who used to fly with this guy and he said it was a wizard with them.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/05/man-decapitated-by-remote-controlled-toy-helicopter/

9. Traxxas is great for noobs. Stuff like customer support or whatever. None of my rcs are stock. Even then, with the huge rise of horizon and hobbico, parts support is one of those things where traxxas is kinda whatever. I'm not really a fanboy for any rc company. I like axial stuff, but realize that I just change everything anyways. I don't really care about 5th scale stuff, no space, or desire for it. There's so many specific rcs out there now, traxxas' generic, slow release time and sort of retaliatory releases.

Tell me the xmaxx is directly aimed at the yeti xl. Or the telluride isn't a poor attempt at an scx/wraith/ascender competitor? I'm just annoyed with the lack of innovation at traxxas.

10. Oh I hear you on the lack of innovation on Traxxas stuff. I am the same as far as brand loyalty I buy what I want or like regardless of brand. I also don't care if they are rtr or kits because like my crawlers I will have that shit ripped apart and modded for my needs. Now I have bought my kids rtr when they were younger but I am thinking of getting them a couple of kits so they can build and mod what they want.
    I do wish you could buy rtr's without the radios though cause I am getting a nice collection of them bastards. I am running a Spektrum dx3r right now but I am thinking of going back to Futaba.

11. been thinking of getting a new esc for my mini recon and some shocks, but ive also been thinking of replacing it with another 1/18th 4wd. i like the offerings from losi and team associated. i want gear diffs, the mini recon has ball and they felt "sticky" to me. i really like the losi 1/24 scte. its brushless, stupid fast and it may actually be too small for it to be of practical use for me. ive been reading alot on big squid... i still have to learn the terminology and science to the batteries(nimh, lipo, etcetera) and also the electronics, like the motors to tell power and the like. also esc info.

12. I have a mini rally 24th. It's fun, but nothing compared to a 10th. Ball diffs are what racers swear by.

13. Fall update: buying a yeti slider with 2 speed. Going to do an mmp and Holmes puller pro. Either going with ottsix/Baja claws or treps on probably, ssd beadlocks.

Also have a line on a Cajun commander airboat. Things looks like snow boss.

Destroyed both outdrives on my ecx torment, after running a 3s for about 5 mins.

Rebuilt my merv diffs, and blew them off a double backflip 3s full throttle landing. Probably should invest in a center diff one day.

Wraith is getting a winter work over. May order a rock bouncer or mattzilla chassis. Possible 4ws in bound. Probable insanity.

14. Thats fuckin gruesome //static.grscty.com//public/style_emoticons/default/sad_2.gif

I mean getting hit by a 5-10lb chunk of battery, plastic, and rubber going 25-30 aint a pick-nick either, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be lethal.

15. Found a couple of pictures of my old Bully comp crawler.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446672074.370212.jpg

My flatbed in the background with a tractor and truck on it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446672116.073712.jpg

16. uploadfromtaptalk1446672488431.jpg
    My second most expensive hobby. Love them tho

17. so i think ive pretty much convinced myself... instead of buying another 1/18 4wd, i'll just invest in my rustler. i know i want a larger front bumper, then i dont know what. maybe all metal shocks or some other stronger front suspension components.

18. Good plan dude. Castle sv3 setups are on sale right now, so you know. Get some strc alu caps for your shocks. Don't waste big money. T bone makes some baaad bumpers. Rpm for all your a arm needs

19. Just keep in mind that you actually WANT some of that stuff to break in a wreck, rather than take out the chassis. Make sure you leave a "crumple zone" ;)

20. so i ended up just getting a bumper today. i couldnt make a decision on anything else. i'll probably just wait for stuff to break and replace as i go. i may get some different wheel/tires sooner than later though.