Razer Sabertooth

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by GhanjaFog, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Anyone else buy this controller?

I loved it when I started using it, amazing controller, extra assignable buttons made playing any online fps a breeze.
    It has a very serious( and possibly deliberate) design flaw. The cord that it uses detaches from the controller for easy storage, great concept except for one thing. The point where the wire disconnects is a built in failure point for the controller.

I've gone through three of them so far, every time its the same problem, controller works perfectly but starts shutting off randomly when the wire begins to fuck up. Anyone else think an 80 Dollar controller should last longer? I've had my regular Xbox controllers for years.

2. Never knew Razer made controllers. I payed $40 for my last high intensity Xbox controller used...have had it for maybe 4 years with no issue. I even respliced the cord on mine to make it shorter 2 years ago. It's my go to controller for Xbox or pc. Mad Catz FPS pro

3. Any way to make the cord permanent? Soldering etc?

4. There may be if you opened up the controller and checked it out, but I was so pissed about wasting 80$ at the time I tossed the cord out lol.

Still have the controller itself, maybe I can do something with it. If I can solder a USB wire on there might be able to use it for the PC haha.

5. Lol There's your answer. Get a usb cord and splice onto the corresponding terminals. You'll need to be able to desolder the old joints and solder new wires. Shouldn't be too terribly hard. I take no responsibility in this ;) but it's cheaper than buying another new controller and a way to keep the one you love.

6. This is mine. I had shortened it initially because I made a DIY moga controller...those moga controllers are for little hands. These days I just attach a male to female usb cord and plug in.

Attached Files:

7. I like the one you have, although with the way my computer and tv are set up ill need a longer cable. Not worried about the soldering I'm usually the one installing pickups on friends guitars lol.

Figures though, you spend 40 and get a reliable product,I spend 80 and get defects every time. Marketing sucks eh?

8. Yea that's the way of the world lol. Gaming is a multi billion dollar industry after all and partly due to this reason. You can buy usb cords in different lengths. The cord I use with it is longer than the one that came on the controller. Can you imagine trying to play a game with a 4" cord? Lol. Best of luck my friend

9. Lol that would be madness, especially with my usb slots being at the top of my tower.

10. I currently use a steam controller. I looked up this Razer though, looks like it would be amazing for anything that heavily relies on a D-pad (most games I play). But, I like the design of the Steam Controller. I do need a couple more controllers soon, so maybe I'll pick this one up.

11. Been wanting a steam controller sinc before they were released, probably buying one very soon.

The sabertooth, aside from the cord issue, is an amazing controller. 6 extra buttons you can assign any button to, even bumpers and triggers. All Razer needs is to improve the cord and make it non-detachable.

12. I highly recommend the Steam Controller. It's unparalleled in customization. And the motion sensor is actually extremely useful, rather than just a gimmick like with most controllers/systems. The mouselike touchpad with gyro is almost as precise as a mouse and keyboard.

13. Damn, so much want.

More than worth the 50 if its that good.