ray from ssfg?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by bernieb165, Apr 18, 2009.

1. i have some custom stuff being made for me this week by ray and from what ive seen his glass is pretty sick!

but does anyone have any of his work?

if so do you have any pictures of it and how does it hit?

i cant wait to get my stuff and as soon as i do ill get some pictures up for everyone here to see

2. what is ssfg?

3. SoulShineFamilyGlass. I don't have any SSFG pieces, but I've yet to hear anyone complain about their SSFG piece, whether it be about aesthetics or functionality. Nice buy man, I look forward to the pics! Ray always does killer work, and buying from him definitely supports a good guy with a wife and kids who does awesome work.

4. soul shine family glass on etsy

5. yeah his inlines are intense.. i got a chubbler slide, matching diffy, and and dry slide to match... and im hoping that in the next few months if everything works out with him to get a nice tube to match

6. My experience with them wasn't too good, and another forum I frequent does ********* or **** when you type Soulshine or SSFG...not quite sure why/how that happened but it's kinda the wrong website to have a shitty reputation on...

7. ^i think it's because ray used to work/works with wood. he apparently has some type of affiliation. i have a piece by him, i actually broke it, but it looked nice and was thick. there was somebody on here a week or so ago tht had a bad experience as his custom order wasn't to spec's.

8. i saw that when i searched him but the piece he had was really nice he jus had a different vision of it i think and i wanted to hear some more cuz by the looks of it his stuff is top quality but i had never heard of him until i stumbled onto the custom order page

9. how the fuck did wood get away with what he got away with, and still manage to show his face around the forums every now and then

and i know its off topic but what happened to Arty? heard he got into the same mess.

10. I also had some issues with ssfg, i posted a thread about a week ago

11. ??? whose wood and what did he do?

12. alright so somebody correct me if i'm wrong, i wasn't on tokecity when the incident occurred but this is what i've figured out: wood was doing repairs for the guys at tokecity, then i guess he ran into some financial issues and sold all of the people's pieces so he got the cash. so the whole tc community basically hates him, which is certainly understandable. to my knowledge ray was not involved with any of that business, though. so hating him is a little extreme imo.

i had never heard that about arty though, that'd be a shame if he's crooked too. i haven't heard anything about him

13. thats pretty messed up man i would hate on someone for that too... so far my experience with them has been great tho and hopefully the rest of it wil to ill let you all know how everything works out hopefully ill have my shit within the next week or so... anyone know how long it takes to make a diffy and a couple slides on avg?

haha i put the order in in february and ive been patient but now its down to the last few days im jus getting excited for new glass

14. thats what she said:smoking::hello:

15. #15 atlbuds, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
    I had Ray make me an inline and I love it. Here are a few pics. I am having Ray make me a matching mouthpiece so I can use it as an inline bubbler. Also have a party sized ice pinch slide made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. that is a really nice inline atlbuds. i love the ftc worked section where the tree perc is. absolutely gorgeous. ray does great work. tight reversals right der.

17. Thanks. Your inline is very nice as well if I remember correctly. Although my inline adds a good amount of drag you take one good hit and your in the clouds. Im curious to know why others had problems with Ray if you don't want to post publicly then just PM me. I will admit the first inline he made for me I did not like.

18. that inline is tight... i knew when i saw his work that he could make some quality glass, but why didnt you like the first one?

19. Its was just a basic inline and I didn't really like the color combo. I really like fade to clear so i told Ray more of what I wanted and he came up with what I have now. :smoking:

20. my friend has a inline from ray and its really nice all he said he wanted was a clear inline
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]