Ray Bans..

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by 8udder, Feb 17, 2012.

1. If you " Trill "

Sun glasses don't hurt the wallet

2. I like the police ray ban they are very cool to wear :)

3. you're so right , man. i've worked in optical stores that sell glasses and they buy those frames for like 10 maybe 15 bucks and then flip em up to $ 150 and up.

same with the lenses that are put into perscription sunglasses. some people will pay a grand for a set of lenses that is probably 75 dollars to the store.

4. I have a friend who wears the Clubmasters when he drives around, it's so classic and goofy lookin.

I actually have 2 pairs of the same Rx Ray Ban sunglasses. Can't remember what they're called, but they're wrap around sunglasses that have a close fit to my face. Expensive as hell because the lenses are "digitally surfaced" to remove the massive barrel distortion that the spherical lenses had. With those lenses, it felt like I was walking on a sphere when it was flat ground, and it totally threw off my depth perception.

I have 2 pairs because one got scratched a lot in a MTB crash, but Lens Crafters let me keep them when they replaced them for free.

5. I found a pair of wayfarers at work one day, and my friend thought she could sneak them away from me.

Like I'm gonna give up a free pair if ray bans, bitch is crazy...

6. I bought a pair of white and black wayfarers from some sketchy chinese website for $15

Fake or not, they look legit so i dont care haha

7. Love 'em. I've got two pairs of aviators. One black/gold, the other mirror/black. Great shades. Had some black Wayfarers, but didn't wear them very often, so I eBay'd them.

8. These are the exact sunglasses that I'm looking for! I see a lot of these were very popular in the 80's and 90's.

9. Vintage Rayban B&L wayfarers is how I gets my wavy on

10. used to have a pair....never wore them so i sold them

11. I have 4 pair; 70s Ambermatics, yellow that turn dark in the sun, like Depp wore in Fear and Loathing. A pair of Shooters, Avaitors with a plastic brow bar. Lastly a pair of Wayfarers. Love them all....

12. Lol, is it still fashionable?

Dude, I swear to god all I see is ppl wearing ray bans. They're really "IN" right now imo.

13. ^ I don't wear mine as a fashion statement, they are just excellent sunglasses, gotta have them in Florida...

14. people still wearing ray bans? oh you band wagoners...

15. I've got three pair

Black New Wayfarers, black original Wayfarers, and Rare Prints Color Block Wayfarers

16. I wear vintage ray-ban glasses for my short-sightedness. Fashion trends have done a loop so vintage stuff is fashionable again (currently) but it won't really matter because it's pretty mainstream already, so your not really going to stand out much if you do wear vintage glasses.

I've had a few ppl comment on how cool my glasses are and ppl always want to try them on. Mine are clear plastic frames with the upper half tinted brown.

17. im looking to buy another pair since my first ones have broken, they lasted like 5+ years though so can't really complain.

for people going on about fashion statement... really its just one of those brands that has the market locked down, i dont think sunglasses are THAT big of a deal but raybans have style and quality so thats why theyre popular.

18. i have a pair of wayfarers for my near sighted ass but i'm looking into coppin a pair of clubmasters or something too. but when it comes to sunny days i be fuckin wit these
    [​IMG]

19. raybans are the fucking cats pajamas brosifs

aviators, wayfarers and clubmasters are all dope IMO.

20. That is funny, but I have to admit that I kind of like that look...