raw goats milk?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by sorrowssong, Aug 3, 2012.

1. I was recently told that it is WAY better for you, than cows milk. I was just wondering if anyone uses it on the reg, and taste wise...how different it is?

There is a local place here at a farmers market I can get it, so I know its a stand up place, Just curious about others opinions on it.

2. Shit is nasty iv'e tried it.

Lactose intolerant or people with ulcers drink it.

3. its suppose to be good for eczema...nasty like sour tasting?

4. Nasty? My teacher raised goats, and she told me if she handed me two glasses, one with cows milk and one with goats milk, then didn't tell me which one was which, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

5. Oh hm interesting. Thanks! :)

6. I'm willing to bet diet has a lot to do with the flavor.

You should try it out and let us know how it is. I've always wanted to buy some but have stuck with the raw cow milk.

7. [quote name='"chrifive916"']I'm willing to bet diet has a lot to do with the flavor.

You should try it out and let us know how it is. I've always wanted to buy some but have stuck with the raw cow milk.[/quote]

Good call! Makes sense. I will be getting some this week so ill let you know!! :)

8. My neighbor has been arrested multiple times for selling unpasteurized goats milk illegally

9. I only drink the finest Cambodian breast milk

10. Lol really?! How long does he get put away for,that's so fucked up but funny all at the same time!

11. [quote name='"sorrowssong"']Lol really?! How long does he get put away for,that's so fucked up but funny all at the same time![/quote]

I'm not sure if she's been put away but they've confiscated her goats before. Apparently it's cuz it can be really dangerous to drink unpasteurized milk if it ends up being bad.

12. Does she have a farm or grow vegetables or anything like that? And poor goats :(

13. This is exactly how I feel about this thread

Attached Files:

14. You know what's REALLY good for you?? RAW milk... the kind that's almost impossible to find now cause of the FDA fucks... but you can find Unhomogenized milk though! I buy Organic Valley brand in Whole Foods when I can... it tastes sooo good, it's not "watered down" like typical milk.

But goat milk is good too, if you can handle the taste :p

15. #15 sorrowssong, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
    We buy that milk from whole foods too! :) I was just told by a farmer friend that cows milk is really only.nutritous to calfs and that goats milk is way better for you?

Everything I've read online is different lol...

I agree FDA is making natural foods a crime and its really fuckin sad.

16. Right on! As for goat milk, it's not that it's healthier for you, both are nutritious and healthy, but goat milk digests easier, it's naturally homogenized if I'm not mistaken... but yes when comparing the regular milk they sell and goat milk, since so much goodies are destroyed in the cow milk it's better to opt for goat, unless going for that special one we buy! :)

The FDA are criminals... I wouldn't be surprised if some of those bastards are hypocrites and themselves drink raw milk but not let the average consumer buy it! Blasphemy! I wish we could do something about it but unless we're making billions, I think we're kinda stuck and fucked... lol

17. Have you seen the YouTube videos of the FDA burning small naturally grown farms in Ohio? That shit is insane ....

18. Yes! It's nuts isn't it?? I can't believe those assholes turn a person's life upside down simly because they help other people! It's disgusting. I really wish, and can't wait, until karma strikes those mofos in the ass! I wanna see them go down in flames they need to mind their own matter and do something productive not destructful.

19. The way they treated that family was disgusting! I wanted to cry when I watched the video...

20. My nutritionist drinks it--she has to buy it illegally. It's kinda funny... seeking out and buying illegal milk.

I haven't tried it myself, but most people would benefit more from non-cows milk. I drink almond milk--the taste is a little weird if you drink it by itself, but it's not bad and you adjust. I actually like it a lot now, after drinking it for about 8 months. In protein shakes or on cereal, it tastes great.