Raw food/Fasting Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by budsmokn420, Feb 19, 2012.

1. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']

about $150...[/quote]

150$ for a week??? That's crazy, I'd rather smoke that much money.. Lmao

Cool if ya got money to blow though

2. longer than a week but you gotta have your priorities in the right order...

healthy food > more weed or anything else

3. ^ beautifully ripe.

I would destroy that watermelon.

4. It was badass...couldn't even finish half I was stuffed

5. #366 amdnivram, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
    I have been a pescatarian for the past 6 years. At 5'6ft I went from 155 to 210 lbs. I had become more unactive and unhappy than I can remember ever being. Tired of living this way I tried to incorporate an hour of running everyday, but this only increased my endurance.

Being unhappy with the results, I went a step further and decided to take a 60 day juice feast. The juices consist of kale, spinach, cucumber, brocolli, collard greens,celery, carrots, parsely, cillantro, squash, pears, apples, melon, lemon, mango, pinapple, cherries, blue berries, cranberries, strawberries, and ginger.Along with the 4 16-20 oz meals, I joined a muay thai gym that I go to 5 days a week. I try to go to the gym 5 days a week for 90-120 minutes and on the weekend I hike or run for the same period of time.Currently I am on my week 2 of the juice feast. During this time I have seen a huge change in my energy, my acne has cleared up, and my body odor doesn't stink as bad. Physically I have gone from 210 to 195 at my heaviest weight of the day, and i'm sure it can only get better.
    Unfortunately I have had a few cheat meals, but that was only for the first week. After the 60 days, I do intend to go for a raw diet. I would appreciate any tips for the transition and the current juicing. Reading through this thread has motivated me to continue this and work towards enjoying my life.

6. update: Still doing the juicing diet and only added some solid food along with the juice for some of September since I was not going to the gym due to an injury. Tomorrow will be my first day back in the gym and im back to just juicing. Currently I am down to 175lbs, at the end of August I was 183 so there progress this month has been a bit slow, but still great. I feel a lot better, I find myself with a lot more energy. I have set my goal for 145 and plan to continue juicing until November where i'll adjust to a solid raw diet.

7. Hey budsmokn, is a Jack LaLane power juicer a decent option for $50 bucks?

8. Which model?

9. Errrrhh...I personally would hold off.

I'd just bank that 50 bucks and buy one next month with another extra 50 and get a decent one.

Anything plastic should definitely be suspect. I've used two plastic ones before and they didn't even work.

I got an acme vintage juicer, brand new, that I'm listing on eBay soon. You could buy that one :p

I use a used model of the same one right now and it works well. I picked it up at a yard sale for 5 bucks. I bought the brand new one at a yardsale too for 25. Itll probably go for 40-50 bucks

10. Hey,

If you don't mind me asking, do you cook too, or are you on only a raw food diet? I noticed you had potatoes on your list, as well as eggs in your fridge. Those don't seem too enjoyable to eat raw.

This is just my perspective, being naturally skinny w/ a high metabolism, but it seems like it would be a struggle to meet your calorie requirements with just raw food. I eat a lot of fruit myself, and have had some days where I've just eaten smoothies due to time constraints; however at the end of those days I'm fucking starving. Do you ever eat bread or pasta? Also what do you do for protein? Sorry for all the questions...I'm just pretty curious about raw diets.

11. I was raw vegan for awhile. Now I'm on a high raw food diet with quality meat and raw dairy/milk as "supplements" sort of. They consist of about 10-15% of my diet, probably less though. I also am eating more cooked veggies and more fat from oils, nuts, and seeds.

I'm living at home this semester so not all of the food was mine. At the time of this picture I wasn't eating eggs, but I do now.

I always cook my potatoes and I usually cool my eggs but I've read raw eggs are really good too, especially in smoothies.

I try to cool everything I do eat as little as possible whether it be steamed veggies or grass-fed beef.

12. I was really interested in the Raw diet after i watched a documentary that claimed it had potential to cure diabetes (im diabetic).

The diet had potential to cure (or at least provide a lifestyle as if you are diabetes free) for type 2 diabetics. Im type 1. I ate 100% raw foods for two weeks, and i cant tell you how good i felt. I was taking HALF the insulin i usually would take as a result of this clean diet (always consult a dr first).

The synthetic insulin (what lowers your blood sugars) diabetics like me have to inject is mainly what causes complications for diabetes, so the less I take, the better it is for me. I was taking half and feeling absolutely perfect, where as if i were to cut down half on my regular diet, i would feel so sick.

I felt so clear headed, i got none of my usual headaches, i didnt feel sluggish, i had higher energy levels, slept much better, my digestive system was better, my breath and body odor was fuckin much better. (sorry if that sounds gross, but its true, you will notice too if you eat raw).

I was mainly juicing just green vegetables and eating my own made super salads, sprouted almonds and things like that. I had some fruit but not a lot because they have natural sugars in them.

It made me think a lot... the amount of variety of vegetables and plants we have on this planet that are so nutrient rich to sustain us is incredible. Then we also have a huge variety of fruits which is like natures candy.

I want to get back into eating raw, perhaps detox a month with 100% raw foods then cut down to 70% after that. I was skeptical about it, but absolutely amazed when it was tried and tested.

My favorite was juicing parsley in my juice mixes, really made me feel good. I stopped the raw diet after two weeks because i caved in to my cravings, that was the only hard thing, but after i caved in i started feeling like absolute shit again, followed by a lot of personal life problems and depression I slipped back to my old habits.

I want to make a good effort to eat more raw. Im happy i came across this thread!

13. ^ do it! This diet is fantastic for diabetics. Nothing feels better than making positive change in you're life! Once you start up again you'll wanna keep improving. Come here for support or advice too.

Try a juice fast for a week or two :smoke:

14. #376 ProvidencePlant, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
    Breakfast

Kale, 2 bananas, and a shitload of raspberries strawberries and blueberries.

Attached Files:

15. Just ate the biggest fucking salad...it was delicious. Shoulda took a pic...

Dressing:

-tahini
    -1/2 lemon juice
    -garlic clove
    -1 date
    -honey
    -water
    -a dash of olive oil
    -a dash of Braggs liquid aminos (soy sauce type sauce)

Salad:

-spinach
    -romaine
    -arugula
    -mung bean sprouts
    -chia seeds
    -pumpkin seeds
    -raisins
    -grapes
    -cashews
    -apple
    -green onion
    -red pepper
    -tomato
    -carrots
    -cucumber
    -nutritional yeast
    -white radish

16. Not a big fan of arugula, put that shit in my smoothie this morning and it tastes like ass.

17. Ive been keeping up with vegetable/fruit juicing since august and i've gone from 210 to 160. Although i did have some meals for most of october, I have and will continue the juicing for another month or so. By the end of the juicing month i should be at around 135-140, from then on i will only focus on reducing body fat instead of weight. What would be the best way to transition to a raw/healthy and permanent diet with my goals in mind? Do you guys still try to count your calories and how would you offset the calories burned if your working out at the gym?

18. [quote name='"amdnivram"']Ive been keeping up with vegetable/fruit juicing since august and i've gone from 210 to 160. Although i did have some meals for most of october, I have and will continue the juicing for another month or so. By the end of the juicing month i should be at around 135-140, from then on i will only focus on reducing body fat instead of weight. What would be the best way to transition to a raw/healthy and permanent diet with my goals in mind? Do you guys still try to count your calories and how would you offset the calories burned if your working out at the gym?[/quote]

If your only.eating raw fruits veggies and nuts (no grains taters or meat) then you should be able to eat to.your hearts content and never gain any fat at all assuming you live an active lifestyle