Raw food/Fasting Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by budsmokn420, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Question: after reading up on vegan complete proteins I found the easiest way to get your aminos is to mix legumes with others.

So beans and rice with some seeds.

So how to raw vegans get all their aminos? I know there are a few complete sources like hemp and soy. But it seems like a severely.limited diet if your 100% raw and don't eat beans. Also if you don't day grains you need to eat more seeds right?

Cooking has its advantages like making some things easier to eat/digest. Why not go half raw? Like raw salads greens fruits and such but use beans for a staple?

2. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']^ dates are super fucking addicting lol but the thing is that it doesn't matter! Have as many as you please! :D

The only downfall is that they can be expensive when fresh[/quote]

Also where can I find fresh dates? In in Vegas and I see date palms everywhere but if you go to the market you can only find dehydrated ones which don't have vitamin c

3. Just got back from the fresh produce place, spent around 50 bucks for all this...great deal!!!

I am going vegan for a bit, no meat or meat products, but I will have them later as a treat maybe. For complete protein I will be eating hemp seeds, chia seeds and spinach. And for fat, raw coconut oil, 1 Tbsp a day.

Attached Files:

4. [quote name='"silentbob71"']Just got back from the fresh produce place, spent around 50 bucks for all this...great deal!!!

I am going vegan for a bit, no meat or meat products, but I will have them later as a treat maybe. For complete protein I will be eating hemp seeds, chia seeds and spinach. And for fat, raw coconut oil, 1 Tbsp a day.[/quote]

Damn in allergic to half the stuff in that picture :(

I'm drinking a plum smoothie with the blender I just bought. It was kinda sour so I added sugar. Now its bomb

5. Damn, 50 bucks!?! Sweet deal man.

I'm going shopping soon I think I'll post a pic too

6. #346 myoung7189, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
  7. [quote name='"silentbob71"']Just got back from the fresh produce place, spent around 50 bucks for all this...great deal!!!

I am going vegan for a bit, no meat or meat products, but I will have them later as a treat maybe. For complete protein I will be eating hemp seeds, chia seeds and spinach. And for fat, raw coconut oil, 1 Tbsp a day.[/quote]

Damn those are like all my favorite fruits.

You can never have too many mangos or bananas :smoke:

8. I don't eat protein powder at all...I prefer whole food sources of nutrients.

However, if you are going to eat protein powder that is definitely one of the best high quality brands.

9. latest produce haul...

Pineapple, watermelon, romaine, spring mix, spinach, nectarines, plums, gala/red delicious/granny smith apples, bananas, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, dates, oranges, cucumbers, peppers, celery, cabbage, green/red/yellow onions, sweet potatoes, kale, bok choy, kiwi, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, dried cranberries, pears, lemons, limes, clementines, garlic, carrots, broccoli, spaghetti squash, and mushrooms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This will all last roughly from a week to a week and a half.

10. I'm trying to get started eating raw but I feel like I need some guidelines. Like what my daily meal plan would look like. I'm kind of at a loss what I could eat to mix it up cause i've just been eating fruit and salads which gets old quick.

11. Smoothies and juices bro. And mix up your salads. That's really all you can do if you wanna stay eating clean.

I advise not to make the "gourmet" raw food like the cheesecakes, dehydrated food, etc...most of that stuff isn't actually all that healthy. It's more so transitional food for people that can't stay super clean. Like if you're used to eating chips, then kale chips is obviously a WAY healthier option...but in a best case scenario you would drink the kale in a smoothie.

If you aren't worried about being the healthiest you possibly can, instead of eating transitional raw food I would just eat clean cooked food ya know what I mean? Just because it's "raw" doesn't mean it's healthy and you can eat as much as you want of it.

The best dessert possible on a raw diet is DEFINITELY banana ice cream though. Just put frozen bananas in a food processor and whip it until it gets to ice cream consistency. It literally tastes exactly the same as the real deal...add some homemade almond butter and raw cacoa nibs/powder if you like

12. Thanks for the advice bro. I'm probably just gonna try to do an overall better diet with as much fruits and veggies as possible. I just wanted to give full on raw a go to see the health benefits everyone who follows a raw lifestyle raves about.

13. A 100% raw diet that is super clean is definitely possible, but it takes tons of dedication. Like it literally needs to be the center of your life...

I think you have the right idea. Just try to keep 75-80% of your diet raw fruits and veggies, and then the rest can be whole/natural foods.

14. Yeah, I see it taking a lot of dedication. Maybe when I get somewhere a little more settled in life and I have more resources to make it happen I'll give doing it 100% a go. Until then I do appreciate the advice from you and advice everyone else has given in this thread.

15. No problem man.

What you may want to try is doing some cleanses using a 100% raw diet. Like just drink smoothies and juices and eat fruit and veg...nothing but clean whole food raw meals. Like fruit for breakfast, green juice for lunch, smoothie for dinner. Or you could try a juice "fast" or feast as some people call them.

Do that for however long you want. The longer the better. You could do it for a week or up to a month or two.

16. Budsmokn....god help your toilet....

Just playing.

17. [quote name='"budsmokn420"']latest produce haul...

Pineapple, watermelon, romaine, spring mix, spinach, nectarines, plums, gala/red delicious/granny smith apples, bananas, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, dates, oranges, cucumbers, peppers, celery, cabbage, green/red/yellow onions, sweet potatoes, kale, bok choy, kiwi, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, dried cranberries, pears, lemons, limes, clementines, garlic, carrots, broccoli, spaghetti squash, and mushrooms.

This will all last roughly from a week to a week and a half.[/quote]

How much did all that cost?

18. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSTzFbSanbQ]Stool size matters - YouTube[/ame]

19. about $150...