Raw blue agave nectar > any molasses

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by jakeleish, Nov 12, 2011.

1. if you dont know now you know, ninja

If your looking for juicier buds you are definitely looking for a good sugar/carb supplement. many choose molasses for its organic compound and good carb/sugar content.

However Raw Blue Agave Nectar has more sugar/carbs, IS ORGANIC and also it INSTANTLY DISSOLVES! you literally pour it into the water and watch it dissolve... no molasses sticky bullshit. also it barely tints your water
    (and therefore roots)

blackstrap molasses
    1 tbsp
    Total Carbs 15g
    - of that sugar 11g

Agave nectar
    1tbsp
    Total carbs 16g
    -of which sugar 16g

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P74NXM/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00311T4EI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1CZDN2K1PB66R9MYNKET]Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Raw Blue Agave, 44 Ounce Bottle (Pack of 2): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

2. finally some love... damn GC:devious:

3. for a pure carbo load it would work great. But molasses has a lot of other nutrients that the plant uses. Blue agave doesn't have any of said nutes.

4. what about using them both in smaller portions?

5. the only reason i could think to mix the two is to make the molasses easier to deal with.. molasses has everything that blue agave does plus more. you would be thinning out the molasses with something similar.

it may be worth a try for people who use molasses.

6. Yeah, I use molasses more for micro-nutrients than for carbs, because I don't add bacteria cultures to my organic soil. It saves me from having to deal with very specific and weird deficiencies some plants can get.

7. what about for taste?

8. and or smell?

is molasses just better in all areas for nutes, taste, and smell?

9. Hey Farmer, I'm the same way when it comes to improvement and props for the looking out for new ways to improve ourselves, however like it was said before, molasess have more than sugar and (Micronutrients) I think the Agave wouldn't hurt as compliment. My advice do not ditch the Molasess n just make an addition with the Agave and let us know how it goes !

Happy farming

10. carbohydrate additives do not help your plant taste or smell better.

the goal of adding carbohydrates (agave nectar, aloe, molasses) is to feed the micro organisms in your soil. in a nutshell, chemical nutes (pretty much everything from a bottle) kill fragile microbes living in the medium (fungi, protazoae, bacteria, and im not 100% sure on this one but maybe some nematodes too?).

HOWEVER

blue agave nectar contains much more than just carbohydrates.

here is a post from LumerDawgz in the organic section

if you would like to be referred to that thread, you can click here

11. [quote name='"RastaReformed"']and or smell?

is molasses just better in all areas for nutes, taste, and smell?[/quote]

I use Molasses all the way until the day I chop and I have had harvest without it.

There is a reason why I use it all the way. Bigger, Smellier and Tastesful Buds. Don't get me wrong I do not grow in Organics (Aero n Soil) and I love the molasses so much I take time diluting molasses and let it sit for hours so I can start doing my Mix ! That's how much I luv it

12. seem really enthusiastic about your molasses:yay:. I'm without a doubt trying it now

13. Give it a Go, You won't regret it !

14. thats fucking retarted right there....

there is a BUNCH of nutes in molasses, why would you want to give nutes all the way up to harvest.

the only reason i say something is because i have actual experience whith molasses all the way up to flower and i horribly regret it. I have done normal 7 day flushes with plain water and they were night and day better then when i used molasses all the way up to flower.

your adding nutes when you should be flushing.

15. now I'm definitely confused. ill do some more research

16. i wasnt saying molasses isnt good. its great. But a flush is a flush. you should never be adding molasses to your water durring the last week of flower while your flushing.

17. #18 zeroshawdow, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    Very Nice of You of calling my suggestion retarded, But 1st thing 1st, Are we Clear I flush my Plants with Molasses only no nutes in the last week (Aero) n 2 Weeks (Soil).

Ok with that been said ... just to let you know about my retarded suggestion been doing it for the past 4 years and the results are Flawless ! I'm an experimentalist (Very ANAL for your taste you might say, I do tons of research) however I've grown without it (3 1/2 Years Ago) in my second grow and 3rd Grow and 3 1/2 Years Later There still in my TopShelf always diluted and yes my Fellow Farmer UNTIL THE LSAT DAY OF THE HARVEST, I SIMPLY LOVE THE SMELL OF THE MOLASSES AND BUDS, THE BIGGER THEY BECOME AND HEAVIER AND THE TASTE LIKE CARAMEL AND HONEY. WITH NO COUGHING !

However I found Drying and curing (when done right) on the other hand have proved (In many studies) to have a major impact on taste and flavour, by breaking down chlorophylls and converting starches into sugars. You might want to look into that and do more research.

4 years My Friend, not one month, one year, two years ..... 4 AMAZINGLY MOLASESSIOUS DELICIOUS YEARS ! lol

Look at my journal my smoke is always smooth, next time take time and look at other man's work before your pass judgement.

Happy Growing

18. molasses=nutes

flush=no nutes

:confused:

why you flush with nutes? :confused::confused:

you shouldnt bring your journal into the mix, 10.9 zips off a 400 with 5 plants aint that good. and the smoke looked a little nute burned. :rolleyes: so either your lieing about your final product or you have never smoked top notch medical grade marijuana.

im too high to argue

To all the newer growers reading this...

Lumperdawg is an growing guru, an organic genius if you will.

if he says dont flush with molasses then dont flush with molasses

id trust anything that old motherfucker says :D

19. #20 zeroshawdow, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    1st, I assume we all here, we are adults ! Right now there is not arguement just different points of view and I will keep saying this until the day I die ...

ZeroShawdow has been using Molasses all the way to end for 3 1/2 Years and Counting.

I'm not a Growing Guru but I grow a hell of BUD n in Top of that I'm a :cool: Guy.

But Please would you be so kind and explain to me, how my weight got mix in this mix. I mention my journal as reference to my smoke report ? Aren't we talking about Molasses n Flushes?

Incredible ! yet True ! another MOO POINT :D :D :D :D :D :D

P.S. - 10.9 Oz of 5 Plants for me is the SHIT, Cuz that's a LOT CHEESE We are SMOKING IT n IS MINE ! but thanks for your kindly thoughts of encouragement here in the City !