Raw as it can get, no edits just pure flow

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Gekko, May 26, 2012.

1. Im a 18 year old rapper. Ive rapped for almost a year now, freestyling with buddies nearly every night and started to get more serious and began writing a few months ago.

I just wanna know if youd listen to my music if i made more songs for a mixtape and what you think of my lyrics and flow/ delivery. All feedback is appreciated

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxIyCFAEuiI]Dopeman - dKay - YouTube[/ame]

2. It sounds good but I can't understand you at all

3. if you made a mixtape i'd listen, good shit. Sometimes i couldn't understand what you were saying but besides that it was dope.

4. Sounds great man. I would definitely listen to more of your stuff. But what I would do is add more musical variation, though that could just be me. The drumming is great and fits in with the singing. And the lyrics are great though I couldn't always understand you.
    Keep it up man!

5. fucken yes dude. You better not stop.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vB_ul_3pyc&feature=channel&list=UL]EZdig Accapella NEW 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

7. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znkpra3Uttc&feature=channel&list=UL[/ame]

8. Good shit Gekko. Maybe annunciate your words more so I could understand the words better but other than that it's good.

9. Ill ass flow my man!! Thats no easy feat to pull off that many syllable flow. Reminds me of Big Boi. Good shit man!

10. ill flow, but some mixing could clean it up (cut the loud gasps out and what not) and it would be a lot iller...other then that its dope...plus i give you props for merkin that Limp Bizkit track

11. A little beatbox free i did a while ago

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwvy2k2n9RY]Raw Freestyle - dKay - YouTube[/ame]

12. all you need to do is keep writing and listening to artists that inspire you. listen to a bunch of music you enjoy until you feel that urge to write, put on a beat and let yourself go. dont copy another artists flow n shit but every artist is motivated and learns from one they find to be a great and is allowed to be shown who these influences are through theyre own styles. youll eventually pick up the little things that make a rapper a GOOD rapper.

just remember this,

the rhythm in which you say the words is flow and that can be something that makes any artists dope. Ex. Busta Rhymes has a fast paced, consistent flow, wheres as when you listen to a rapper like Yelawolf or Eminem they have fast parts constrasted with slower more understandable parts. Youve gotta focus on your syllables and recite your rhymes adding and removing words that you find make it sound sick

then there is delivery which is how well you present your words with emotion, clarity, and just how well your voice can sound. For this just listen to some Biggie or TuPac and youll understand. You need to grab attention with your voice, and sound like you want people to hear what you say.

Then lyrics and shit are kind a more personal thing because everyone is different, but punchlines can spice up any rap. This is using metaphores, symalies to make a kind of joke or wordplay. Just look up Big L for an idea on this or any battle rapper.

13. instead of all that can you just say im bad? havent got any feedback i never rap and recorded that song in like an hour

14. lol dude he just gave u great advice. the smart thing to do would be to take it and make yourself a better MC lol. you're ok but you sound like a beginner, take his advice and you'd improve

15. #18 LittleJacob, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
  16. Jus Allah fell off so bad after that album, but he killed that track, my fav verse on it...

17. Yo I'm digging it, kind of reminds me of eyenine. If youd like to hit up a collab, I think dbone & dkay sounds dope together