Rats

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Mr.Grey420, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Anyone ever had em? If so what was your experience and would you recommend it? Im looking into acquiring a common garden rat as i feel it will make and adequate companion. Also are rats easy to hold? Because ive had hamsters and when you try to hold them they wont stop trying to wriggle free.

-Sent from Zeta Reticuli starsystem-
    [​IMG]

2. It really depends on the person.. and how early on you get them. It's best to get a pet when they're young, so they can grow with a bond. I've seen people with pet rats where the rat practically worshipped them. Rodents don't typically have the same kind of emotional brain as larger mammals, but like all pets, show them some love and both will benefit. My best advice would be to get one as young as possible.. but personally, I've never owned a rat for any reason other than feeding it to my snake.

3. I've had 2 and like the 2nd post said get it young and show it a lot of attention. Don't expect him to be chill as fuck right away but if you work with him you'll be surprised at what they can learn. Mine would hang out on my shoulder as long as it could. Probably could've lived on it haha. They knew their names when I would call them and you can get tiny harness and leashes for him haha. They both passed away but I plan on getting more. I've got a guinea pig now that isn't quite as social but still cool. Sorry for the ramble.I'm sure I'll be back with more info haha

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

4. Oh yeah I read that males are more chill. I've had males but no females so I don't know from experience. And they can be litter trained like a cat! Fuck now I really want a rat haha

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

5. Thanks guys, yeah i was thinking of getting a baby rat from a private rat breeder cuz fuck petco

• Like Like x 1
  6. Awesome man! Yeah Fuck petco indeed. I Got a mouse frrkmothem that had a horrible skin disease. Petsmart on the other hand is pretty good about their quality control but a private breeder is perfect! Throw up some pics if you get one bro

7. Rats make great pets. They are like tiny dogs. The ones I had even came when I called them by name. They would chill on my shoulder, in my hoodie pocket or hood all day if I let them too. I had them years ago and they are awesome. Males are more lovable than females though. Also you should consider getting two(of the same sex so they don't keep breeding) because rats are very social animals and if they don't have a buddy they could get depressed. Get them young and remember they only have a life span of a few years so be prepared for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Late to the party, but I had a rat back in undergrad psych. It was actually really cute and docile. I'd recommend.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. This mouse bait is made up of brodifacoum that kills warfarin resistant rats/mice. This is one of the best bait for mouse trap and mouse killer, rodents eaten this bait dies from internal hemorrhages in 3 to 6 days after the first feeding.

10. nope they are nasty