Rathian’s PC Micro Grow 2.0 [emoji1365]

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Rathian, May 19, 2020.

1. Hey Grasscity

I just finished my first seed to harvest PC micro grow. Really enjoyed the grow and learned ALOT! I was lucky enough to have brilliant support through the whole grow from @Daxxy so big creds & rep to him for helping get successfully to the end.

I have re modelled my case to hopefully improve my grow and will be planting a seed tomorrow

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Rathian, May 19, 2020
    Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Improvements for this grow are:

1. Removed cardboard lining and replaced with reflective material

2. Hacked my 2 lights into a single unit and top mounted it

3. Upgraded to a fan with twice the power of my previous ones and built a new carbon filter

4. Soldered and silicone insulated all wiring connections

5. Moved the passive intake to the top opposite the exhaust to get better air flow over the lights

5. Using 2/3 un-fertilised seedling soil with 1/3 perlite. Mixing fertilised soil with coco as my medium caused me most of my issues last time round

6. Using Canna Soil A+B nutes

7. Trying a new breed AK420 in a bigger pot to hopefully fill my case out this time.

Peace

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks dude, can’t wait to get it underway

• Like Like x 1
  4. The upgraded box looks great! You'll be able to do much better this time, and dont be scared of training! I think circling the pot might be a good option for you seeing you dont want to top autos

5. Cheers Daxxy!

You’re right I need to nail down the training earlier and with more structure on this grow. Think I’m going to avoid topping as you said and try for a spiral round the pot

• Like Like x 1
  6. My seed has been planted

Went for the soak in water for 24h so she sunk then straight into the soil. She hasn’t cracked and no sign of the tap root but I’m happy for that to happen directly in the soil.

I hate waiting to see if the seed will germ!

7. It's a bit late now but are you familiar with the paper towel method

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Yeah I have read up on it but I just kinda prefer to let nature work it‘s magic and have everything happen in the soil.

No risk of damaging the tap root like when moving from the paper towel to soil.

Everything that is controlled in the paper towel method like humidity, temp and moisture can de controlled in soil just as easily with a prop.

A little loop has sprung up overnight so the seed has germinated Fingers crossed for a nice strong seedling

9. And so it begins!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brief update guys, my seed has had a bit of a rough start.

The tap root as it grew pushed the seedling upwards out of the soil instead of burrowing deeper and anchoring her. I had to do a gentle replant to get her well set in the soil.

The seed case was also stuck on the starting leaves but I managed with a spray of water and some tweezers to carefully remove it.

She is now fully stood up, leaves open and looking pretty happy. Fingers crossed for the first few days while she is very delicate.

Note to self DO NOT overwater

11. First pic of my AK, looking good after a rough start with leaves praying to the lights nicely. Think I might have a bit of stretch on my hands so have moved her to closer to the lights

[​IMG]

12. Hey guys, while completing my last grow and starting this one I have had a mini side project on the go...

I wanted to see if I could build a DIY driverless cob led light panel for micro growing. I finished it today and I’m really happy with it. I can’t measure lux or actual wattage reliably so no hard figures but I’m suspecting it will be a big improvement from Chinese blurples I am using and the CFLs or E27 Leds that a lot of us micro growers rely on.

Few pics below, it cost very little to build. I have a thread on how I went about it in the DIY section for anyone interested

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Brief update, the first few days seem to be going well. Fist set of leaves are fully open and second set are on their way. No drooping and no nute burn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. She is growing up fast!
    Everything going well No nute burn from the soil, stretching has stopped. Think I’ll start my training soon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Nice job. But make sure those drops aren’t staying on there while it’s under the light. Could burn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Update?

17. Hey guys, sorry the updates have been so intermittent on this thread.
    Still keeping the grow going, just got a lot of other stuff on at the same time!

My plant is growing well and I have started my training.
    Still finding it super difficult if I'm honest even though I have done a lot of reading and had some great advice.
    I find the growth is so dense on these things that it is hard to get it lying flat witht he growth nicely spread out for light catchment. I have had to defoliate some of the larger leaves to give the secondary sights good light fall. I'm running an auto again so I'm not sure if that is a wise idea as defoliation seems to generally be considered a no-no...

Pic to follow on how she is looking :) Peace and happy growing R

18. [​IMG]

19. Looking good. I don’t think a little defoliation will hurt it.

• Like Like x 1